Room 101

Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Room 101

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Yehp.... Luckily for the salesman I was home sick, and had some time up my sleeve.... turned out he was a represenative for Victoria Energy... with a proven 7pct saving on gas and electricty bills... when I realised what he was saying was fair dinkum... I couldn't think of a reason not to sign up.IE: they guarantee their bills will be 7pct cheaper than any other supplier no if's or buts.

7 pct in my case equated to about 210 bucks in my sky rocket per year...
OK but apart from you being ill, what have these people ever done for anyone else
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
People who buy houses without garages then stick cones outside the front of their houses to stop people parking legally.

oh yes i'm with you on this one, if you want a private parking place get a garage or a drive, the road is a public place , i pays me road tax i'm entitled to park where the cones are if i like (even if it means i move your sooding cones that you prbably nicked)
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:23 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

All things Karaoke....it is a bane to a good night out

TV sports experts (especially Aussie soccer (sic) experts) ....they should be made to take a polygraph to see whether they know anything useful about the sport they're commenting on.

People who take too many items through express check-outs at the supermarket
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:26 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shakmaty

Got me again!! Though to be fair there's only one ciggi counter and I don't want to have to use my card twice.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:28 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
Got me again!! Though to be fair there's only one ciggi counter and I don't want to have to use my card twice.

Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:31 am
Account Closed

Ahh come on! Tell ya what, I'll buy you a drink on curry night on behalf of all lobotomised express lane abusing women of the world*.

*but must be a pot and domestic
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:33 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by moneypen20
3 pet hates

1. Piggin, scum, sh*t burglars who think they have the right to enter someone's property and steal stuff because they want to. How much reason or argument do you want

2. Cockroaches - now someone environmental will probably argue but perleease, what are they here for? what purpose do they serve? what do they bring to humanity?

3. Cold Calling Anthing Sellers - Not been bothered here yet but does anyone actually say yes to these people
1. No arguments here. They add nothing positive to society.
The burglars are in.

2. It raises the question, what would happen if they weren't here? What would fill the gap left behind? After all, they are a link in natures food chain, they've been around on the planet for milllions of years. Messing with mother nature is not recommended, so as much as i dislike them too, they can't go.

3. I took a cold call at the weekend. It wasn't a good time and this was reflected in my manner. "No thank you. Goodbye."
If all cold calls were dealt with in this manner then there would be no point to them. But if even a tiny percentage of people do 'say yes' then who are we to deny this practice and those people that participate in it?
There are ways to deal with cold callers, to prevent them calling, or to stop them with a polite 'no'. So they can knock at the door of room 101 but they ain't coming in.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppets
oh yes i'm with you on this one, if you want a private parking place get a garage or a drive, the road is a public place , i pays me road tax i'm entitled to park where the cones are if i like (even if it means i move your sooding cones that you prbably nicked)

Pinch the cones
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:38 am
Take it easy

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
Ahh come on! Tell ya what, I'll buy you a drink on curry night on behalf of all lobotomised express lane abusing women of the world*.

*but must be a pot and domestic
Hmmm....will you queue jump at the bar?
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:40 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

People who abuse grammar. Particularly with gratuitous and unnecessary over-use of exclamation marks. Reason - I visualise how people speak by the way that they type. Too many exclamation marks just makes me think that they're a) childishly over-enthusiastic about everything (!!!!!!!!) or b) constantly on the verge of an orgasm. Either way, not pretty.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:40 am
Account Closed

Hmmm....will you queue jump at the bar?

LOL just for you I won't queue jump at the bar (and then pretend I don't speak English when someone pulls me up on it).
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:47 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Balloons - hate them...my heart flips when the kids are chasing me with them

Teacher type's - People who think they have a right to correct you,even though you dont know them

Ainsley Harriot - Do I need to explain???
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Harvey Norman, and everyone and everything associated with it.... Him for being the ultimate parasite, and charging upto 50 pct more on some items with as much glitz and bling behind the sale as he could muster this side of Dubai. and His patrons, for being dumb enough and glitz loving and bling loving enough to beleive the shiny sleazy sales pitch. When all said and done the customers deserve to be ripped of by him.... Just wish he would do it elsewhere.

_____

People that migrate stating the reason for migrating is that the UK is full of Migrants.....errr Hello !!!

Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:49 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
People who abuse grammar. Particularly with gratuitous and unnecessary over-use of exclamation marks. Reason - I visualise how people speak by the way that they type. Too many exclamation marks just makes me think that they're a) childishly over-enthusiastic about everything (!!!!!!!!) or b) constantly on the verge of an orgasm. Either way, not pretty.
What do you mean??????????????????????
Oops pass the Kleenex
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:57 am

gedge has disabled reputation

All things Karaoke....it is a bane to a good night out

TV sports experts (especially Aussie soccer (sic) experts) ....they should be made to take a polygraph to see whether they know anything useful about the sport they're commenting on.

1. Karaoke, empty orchestra, is a fun and lighthearted form of entertainment which appears to have come from the Japanese tradition of providing musical entertainment at dinner parties with guests being able to participate.
It should never have journeyed from SE Asia, but they probably feel the same about some customs from the west. If your pub has karaoke on I would suggest finding another drinking venue.

2. As I'm not a keen watcher of sports, I'm not best placed to comment on this. Surely the whole point of watching a sports event is to enjoy the game? Why do we need commentators anyway? If you were at the venue you don't need one, and with tv's now the size of Liechtenstein you can watch the entire pitch/arena without the need for someone twittering on about how much the linesman reminds him of his uncle Ted?
Anyhow, I'll reserve judgement in case you make me "take a polygraph to see whether I know anything useful about the stuff I'm commenting on".

3. Now this I can relate to. "5 ITEMS OR LESS" It's there in plain clear English. If you've enough brains to have money, you've enough brains to understand the sign and be able to count the number of items in your basket.
We need a suitable name for these people, how about 'Checkout Chumps"?
Whatever you call them, checkout chumps are in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.