Rolf Harris

Old Jul 9th 2014, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rolf Harris

Originally Posted by cresta57
Indeed, I think we decided this [rusty razor blade] when it happened to my daughter. My views have either mellowed with the passage of time or I've become a grown up able to see the bigger picture. My worry with the far right "Kill 'em all" scenario is that it won't stop with paedophiles. The next group of extremists will want the same for one punch "king hit" deaths, the next for drink drivers & so on & so forth.

Then we end up in a warped Niemöller cliché

First they came for the Paedophiles and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Paedophile
Then they came for the Rapists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Rapist.
Then they came for the Drink Drivers, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Drink driver.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
Thanks for sharing a painful experience.

Originally Posted by Kapri
No, but our original conversation was about a 40 year old man and a 15 year old, that's wrong whether you like it or not.

I find it very worrying that some people are so obviously in favour of old men and young girls in a sexual relationship. Inadequate men Imo
Sex with a 17-year-old is not an example of paedophilia.

Saying that does not make someone 'obviously in favour of old men and young girls in a sexual relationship'. It is simply irrelevant to this discussion.
Old Jul 9th 2014, 8:31 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Thanks for sharing a painful experience.

Saying that does not make someone 'obviously in favour of old men and young girls in a sexual relationship'. It is simply irrelevant to this discussion.
I didn't at any point say it was an example of paedophilia, just that for a lot of people it would be unacceptable.
I've got a teenage daughter and would be horrified if a grown man was interested in her sexually.

Something isn't irrelevant to a discussion just because you disagree with it.

Last edited by Kapri; Jul 9th 2014 at 8:35 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2014, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't at any point say it was an example of paedophilia, just that for a lot of people it would be unacceptable.

Something isn't irrelevant to a discussion just because you disagree with it.
I can disagree with something, doesn't make it illegal is more to the point.
Old Jul 9th 2014, 9:38 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I can disagree with something, doesn't make it illegal is more to the point.
This makes no sense.

I said I found something contemptible, not illegal and you told me my view was irrelevant to the discussion.

I know what is and isn't legal, this discussion hasn't been just about that.

Legal or not, I would find a 40 year old man having sex with a 17 year old girl contemptible.
Old Jul 9th 2014, 10:03 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

No, but our original conversation was about a 40 year old man and a 15 year old, that's wrong whether you like it or not.

I find it very worrying that some people are so obviously in favour of old men and young girls in a sexual relationship. Inadequate men Imo
I agree, the 17/40 year old scenario doesn't seem right - even though it's legal. It would raise my eyebrows and I'd be deeply concerned too if my 17 year old son began a sexual relationship with a 40 year old woman.

Last edited by paulry; Jul 9th 2014 at 10:06 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2014, 10:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This makes no sense.

I said I found something contemptible, not illegal and you told me my view was irrelevant to the discussion.

I know what is and isn't legal, this discussion hasn't been just about that.

Legal or not, I would find a 40 year old man having sex with a 17 year old girl contemptible.
I think we're getting at cross purposes.

I was simply trying to clarify some issues around paedophilia.

You then seemed to be saying that I approved of the older man/young woman scenario.

Whatever I think of it is not the issue, as it is not illegal in the UK, which is what we're talking about with Rolf Harris.

I don't really understand why you're getting angry with me.
Old Jul 10th 2014, 12:53 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
That's easily as low as anything you read into my posts
Actually stevenglish1 and to be fair to MoneyPenny20, I reported a line from one of your posts to the Oz mods, via the report button. So you do her a dis-service as her post was not stand alone with the observation.

This is what you wrote to AndyRich666.

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
...mate if you don't have a problem with 12 yearold girls getting screwed in Mexico then I would suggest you don't have a problem with it full stop
Even as I read it again now, it still reads to me that you are insulting this poster by suggesting he is morally unsavory & that is putting it mildly.

Just posting this to straighten up the idea that MP20 posted a low blow , which she did not.
Old Jul 10th 2014, 2:12 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Yet a lot of Europe would disagree with you: In Austria, Italy and Germany the age of consent is 14; in Sweden, France and Denmark it is 15.

These are not 3rd world countries with a problem like Mexico - It's widely held that the Mexican age of consent was introduced to mask the problem of underage sex - but progressive western democracies where the rights of women are respected.

In terms of social acceptance, it may be considered unsavoury, but it's certainly still very legal.

S
Old Jul 10th 2014, 2:25 am
Happy migrant

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Yet a lot of Europe would disagree with you: In Austria, Italy and Germany the age of consent is 14; in Sweden, France and Denmark it is 15.

These are not 3rd world countries with a problem like Mexico - It's widely held that the Mexican age of consent was introduced to mask the problem of underage sex - but progressive western democracies where the rights of women are respected.

In terms of social acceptance, it may be considered unsavoury, but it's certainly still very legal.

S
As I have repeated several times, I am aware it's legal.
There is no one age of consent throughout the world.

But there is a big difference between two 15 olds legally having sex and a 40 year old and a 15 year old having sex.
Old Jul 10th 2014, 2:30 am
Happy migrant

I think we're getting at cross purposes.

I was simply trying to clarify some issues around paedophilia.

I don't really understand why you're getting angry with me.
I felt annoyed for two reasons.
Firstly because I didn't ever say that sex with a 17 year old was an example of paedophilia and secondly because you appeared to say that my view was irrelevant.
Old Jul 10th 2014, 2:31 am
Happy migrant

Originally Posted by paulry
I agree, the 17/40 year old scenario doesn't seem right - even though it's legal. It would raise my eyebrows and I'd be deeply concerned too if my 17 year old son began a sexual relationship with a 40 year old woman.
Yes, good point Paul. I agree.
Old Jul 10th 2014, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add complexity to the issue, there are definitely a fair few 18YO's out there that are less mentality mature and capable than the average 14YO. I think the fixation on chronological age is where this whole age difference thing starts to unravel.

We need a new system.... especially between the ages of 14/19
Old Jul 10th 2014, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Just to add complexity to the issue, there are definitely a fair few 18YO's out there that are less mentality mature and capable than the average 14YO. I think the fixation on chronological age is where this whole age difference thing starts to unravel.

We need a new system.... especially between the ages of 14/19
I don't agree that we need a new system. An 18 year old should be treated like an adult. There are plenty of vunerable people of all ages. Child abuse laws should be for protecting children. Vulnerable/immature people from other ages groups require special consideration and I believe they currently get that.
Old Jul 10th 2014, 3:33 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

As I have repeated several times, I am aware it's legal.
There is no one age of consent throughout the world.

But there is a big difference between two 15 olds legally having sex and a 40 year old and a 15 year old having sex.

But when you have a system, there will always be some statistical outliers - they won't be common, but they will inevitably be there, and the legal position simply cements it.

However unpalatable it may appear, if legislation exists that allow it, then it can happen, though will remain a statistically small incident/event.

S
Old Jul 10th 2014, 3:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
I don't agree that we need a new system. An 18 year old should be treated like an adult. There are plenty of vunerable people of all ages. Child abuse laws should be for protecting children. Vulnerable/immature people from other ages groups require special consideration and I believe they currently get that.
Exactly ...... I know plenty of women who are just as fragile and don't know what they are doing at 45.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.