Rolf Harris

Old Jul 10th 2014, 7:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rolf Harris

Originally Posted by BEVS
Actually stevenglish1 and to be fair to MoneyPenny20, I reported a line from one of your posts to the Oz mods, via the report button. So you do her a dis-service as her post was not stand alone with the observation.

This is what you wrote to AndyRich666.

Even as I read it again now, it still reads to me that you are insulting this poster by suggesting he is morally unsavory & that is putting it mildly.

Just posting this to straighten up the idea that MP20 posted a low blow , which she did not.
Me and Pen have sorted it ot without you thanks Bev, interpretation is a funny old thing don't you think?
Old Jul 10th 2014, 7:54 am
Account Closed

This thread seams to have gone into disarray without my calming influence

Right then, we know that nearly 1000 child sex offenders have reoffended since tagging began, now my agrument all along has been that these 1000 offences are a result of the gamble we're taking with childrens safety by letting these people roam our streets. The system does need to change whether or not we think so, because those 1000 incidents are the systems fault.

Tracking down the ones without a record is the tricky bit, the brain dissection bit was more of a glib passing suggestion than anything serious, but research does need to be done if we're to find anything common to all paedophiles, else we're always going to be reactionary. Having said that though how do you deal with someone who hasn't done what you suspect they might in the future?

I don't much like the idea of tagging the kids, as it's not them that should have their civil liberties removed, they've done nothing wrong. Having said that if it needs to be done and it does save kids, then I'd have to concede.

Oh and a 40y/o man with a 17 y/o in say California would be classed as a paedophile, but hey I'm a foreigner to those shores and must respect their laws and culture

Politician Says 'Pedophile Island' Will Save the Children of California hmmmm
Old Jul 10th 2014, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Oh and a 40y/o man with a 17 y/o in say California would be classed as a paedophile, but hey I'm a foreigner to those shores and must respect their laws and culture

And at 18 ? or a day before the Birthday ?

Why do you keep saying 40 year olds, what about a 21/22/23/24/25 yr old and the 17yr old girl ?

You can be a paedo at many ages under 40, ages from 13

At 17 you are not a child, not in my book, I learnt to drive on 17th birthday,
Old Jul 10th 2014, 8:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by andyrich666
And at 18 ? or a day before the Birthday ?

Why do you keep saying 40 year olds, what about a 21/22/23/24/25 yr old and the 17yr old girl ?

You can be a paedo at many ages under 40, ages from 13

At 17 you are not a child, not in my book, I learnt to drive on 17th birthday,
don't shoot the messenger man, I'm just stating the facts

do you have an opinion on the rest of my post, or just the bit you thought you could have a dig at?
Old Jul 10th 2014, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

This thread seams to have gone into disarray without my calming influence

Right then, we know that nearly 1000 child sex offenders have reoffended since tagging began, now my agrument all along has been that these 1000 offences are a result of the gamble we're taking with childrens safety by letting these people roam our streets. The system does need to change whether or not we think so, because those 1000 incidents are the systems fault.

Tracking down the ones without a record is the tricky bit, the brain dissection bit was more of a glib passing suggestion than anything serious, but research does need to be done if we're to find anything common to all paedophiles, else we're always going to be reactionary. Having said that though how do you deal with someone who hasn't done what you suspect they might in the future?

I don't much like the idea of tagging the kids, as it's not them that should have their civil liberties removed, they've done nothing wrong. Having said that if it needs to be done and it does save kids, then I'd have to concede.

Paedophile Island? Could cause many ruined family holidays if you mess up your booking to er... Peter Island.

How many released paedophiles don't reoffend?
Old Jul 10th 2014, 8:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
How many released paedophiles don't reoffend?
that's irrelavent, the 1000 that have is a cost we needn't have paid, 1000 ruined lives.
Old Jul 10th 2014, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

that's irrelavent, the 1000 that have is a cost we needn't have paid, 1000 ruined lives.
It is relevant, just not relevant to your argument. If there have been 100,000 convicted offenders and 1000 have been convicted of reoffending, there is no case for keeping them all locked up forever. It's the same for any offence including murder.
Old Jul 10th 2014, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

don't shoot the messenger man, I'm just stating the facts

do you have an opinion on the rest of my post, or just the bit you thought you could have a dig at?
I do, I don't think you can rehabilitate Paedos, I honestly believe that, there will always be the sick depraved option that they need to 'complete / finish' in that way.

Sorry for the wording if its a bit OTT but could not think a different way to describe it.
Old Jul 10th 2014, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

It is relevant, just not relevant to your argument. If there have been 100,000 convicted offenders and 1000 have been convicted of reoffending, there is no case for keeping them all locked up forever. It's the same for any offence including murder.
Again, once you had a taste, murder, or kiddy fiddling, maybe the stats do not show it, maybe they are portrayed that way, but no I think 1% is bullshit, or maybe a higher percentage of those convicted are possibly innocent ?
Old Jul 10th 2014, 9:12 am
Account Closed

Fair enough I'll actually take your point on that, but we have to be 100% on who will re-offend, otherwise the government would be responsible for a totally preventable child rape yes?
Old Jul 10th 2014, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

There is a point, why do you say no point ?

** depending on the depravity of the case,....I feel some offences are a way OTT due to public disatisfaction
Old Jul 10th 2014, 9:25 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I actually resent that. My daughter was a victim, past tense, her life is not ruined. Far from it she has 2 fantastic kids & is very happy with her lot.
You over hype a lot, sure some kids don't get over abuse, many do & go on to have very fulfilling lives. Don't write every abuse victim off as a ruined life!
Old Jul 10th 2014, 9:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by cresta57
I actually resent that. My daughter was a victim, past tense, her life is not ruined. Far from it she has 2 fantastic kids & is very happy with her lot.
You over hype a lot, sure some kids don't get over abuse, many do & go on to have very fulfilling lives. Don't write every abuse victim off as a ruined life!
ok I apologise, potentially ruined lives then. I actually resent the overhyped comment

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Jul 10th 2014 at 9:32 am.
Old Jul 10th 2014, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cresta57
Do you mind if I ask a question, I did read some of your story yesterday, I did not want to take it in if you understand, the first post was enough for me to have made my mind up, - but the guy who attacked you daughter was it a random attack ? kind of opportunist ? or in any small way did he know her from before ?
Old Jul 10th 2014, 9:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Again, once you had a taste, murder, or kiddy fiddling, maybe the stats do not show it, maybe they are portrayed that way, but no I think 1% is bullshit, or maybe a higher percentage of those convicted are possibly innocent ?
mate, just for the record I don't think you're a wrongun, apologise for letting off like that. Very emotive subject, feel very strongly about it, and sometimes go off.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Jul 10th 2014 at 9:53 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.