Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Rising electricity prices.

Rising electricity prices.

Old Dec 12th 2013, 6:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rising electricity prices.

Originally Posted by chris955
Indeed, I remember snow in Victoria on the mountains in the summer, my brother has his log burner going at Christmas in NSW and someone said Ballarat in Victoria was zero a few weeks ago. Everywhere gets freak weather, we had a cold snap a few weeks ago that lasted a few days but now I go outside with a tshirt on. The UK generally has a very,mild climate which appeals to us, even my Queensland born kids love it here. Its horses for courses, as I have said before nowhere suits everyone and for us the weather isnt that high on the list, for others it is.
You didn't address what the man said. He was talking about longish cold winters...you were talking about freak events.

You're right to go on to say the Uk is mild ish...in world climate terms.
It has a temperate maritime climate. But many people feel the cold whether they are in Melbourne or Gloscester.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

12c, that excellent this time of year, a summers day in Melbuorne. It was about 5 last night for us.
12 is indeed excellent..and a base of 2 might mean sun...
I used to wear a tshirt in winter under 1 layer..a leather jacket..and I was very fit and had a high metabolism..and of sterner stuff ...

Rubbish...a summers day in Melbourne is more likely to be 18 -35.

It has been a cold spring though.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 7:08 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

12c, that excellent this time of year, a summers day in Melbuorne. It was about 5 last night for us.
A max of 12C is midwinter in Melbourne. A cold summer's day is 18C, and more usual is 25-35C. The record low in Melbourne is -2C, whereas in SE UK its ..... -17.8C

Melbourne as a climate closer to the south of France than anywhere in the UK.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 7:45 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
A max of 12C is midwinter in Melbourne. A cold summer's day is 18C, and more usual is 25-35C. The record low in Melbourne is -2C, whereas in SE UK its ..... -17.8C

Melbourne as a climate closer to the south of France than anywhere in the UK.
It was just tongue in cheek, I have lived in Melbourne
Old Dec 12th 2013, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It was just tongue in cheek, I have lived in Melbourne
give you that one...
Old Dec 12th 2013, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Why why why why why??????????

Couldn't this thread have been left Under the bridge where it was found?
Old Dec 12th 2013, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I was wondering when you were going to, ever, post a negative story about the UK?

I doubt that you ever will but you never know.......
+1
Old Dec 12th 2013, 10:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=817507

If you haven't read it yet, go read it now. This pathetic tit for tat squabbling stops HERE. NOW.

For heaven's sake give the rest of us a break. The vast majority of people come on here to let off steam in a light hearted fashion, to relax, and to enjoy themselves If you can't join in with that I respectfully suggest you find another forum.

And before anyone accuses me of directing this post to anyone in particular, at present it is aimed at a minimum of 8 suspects, with more hanging around the edges. None of us want to ban anyone but our patuence is wearing very thin, don't push your luck.