RIP Donna Summer

Old May 17th 2012, 6:52 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RIP Donna Summer

I didnt even know she had lung cancer - horrible disease.
Old May 17th 2012, 10:45 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
I didnt even know she had lung cancer - horrible disease.
She put it down to the dust that she was exposed to when the twin towers came down.
Old May 18th 2012, 12:26 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

She was amazing, RIP.
Old May 18th 2012, 3:28 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukecadet
She put it down to the dust that she was exposed to when the twin towers came down.
I heard on the radio this morning that several hundred people that were exposed to that dust have since died.
Old May 18th 2012, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukecadet
I've always held this instinctive belief that in the not too distant future humanity will look back on the way we live and the buildings we live in, shake their collective heads at our ignorance and compare us to the Romans and their deadly flawed lead piping. God knows how much everyday material is harming us.

Once again humanity chases the wrong villian.... Carbon... when it should be synthetic and god knows what else other everyday harmful substances.
Old May 18th 2012, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't a huge Donna Summer fan, but recognise her contribution to popular music. I did particularly like 'I Feel Love'.
Sounded great in the late 70's and still sounds great today.
RIP Donna.
Old May 18th 2012, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

sammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
She died last night agreed 63 of cancer.

Lots of good memories dancing to her songs in the 70s.

Thanks for the fun Donna.

Anyone got Similar memories of her?
I remember when "I Feel Love" first came out, the intro was so different to anything else we'd heard, that was my favourite.
Old May 18th 2012, 6:41 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammax
I remember when "I Feel Love" first came out, the intro was so different to anything else we'd heard, that was my favourite.
Really that was the beginning of tech......
Old May 18th 2012, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Living in Turkey in 1977 all we could get on the radio was traditional Turkish music, crackly World Service, and every weekend the one and only FM station (known as the Police Station for unknown reasons) that played uninterrupted western music. We heard songs over and over but never knew who was singing. One of those turned out to be Donna Summer.