Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Retitled: England - riots

Retitled: England - riots

Old Aug 10th 2011, 12:21 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Those Nasty Met Coppers are at it again.

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Racist bastards the lot of them. Fancy having the temerity to shoot back when one of their own has just been shot.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14434318
I guess if the coppers had waited until he actually shot and killed one of them the UK wouldn't be having all these problems.
They should make that a new Met directive. "You can't shoot until your collegue lies dying and bleeding"
Old Aug 10th 2011, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of

David Cameron

"I am granting the Metropolitan Police emergency powers to use water cannons, rubber bullets and tear gas to take back control of our streets from these poncing parasites biting the hand that feeds them. In addition I am deploying the British Army as a visible presence to provide the authority that is so very lacking."

.....Carlsberg don't do Prime Ministers but if they did.............
Old Aug 10th 2011, 12:27 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
What's your point?

Just to make my view clear... if he was armed, then he gets shot.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 12:29 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I know that furniture store, a bit of a shithole but they did not deserve this. The picture of that girl jumping out of the window is in Surrey street, not far away. The pricks also looted the Argos store in Church Street - must have be desperate!
Old Aug 10th 2011, 12:33 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently it was the Reeves furniture store she was jumping from.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 12:40 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John_R
David Cameron

"I am granting the Metropolitan Police emergency powers to use water cannons, rubber bullets and tear gas to take back control of our streets from these poncing parasites biting the hand that feeds them. In addition I am deploying the British Army as a visible presence to provide the authority that is so very lacking."

We get it, no need to post it twice!
Old Aug 10th 2011, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Seasider
Apparently it was the Reeves furniture store she was jumping from.
Nah from the picture it looked as though it was a little further up the road than Reeves. It actually looked to be from above my local comic/book shop when I lived nearby.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 12:44 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
Nah from the picture it looked as though it was a little further up the road than Reeves. It actually looked to be from above my local comic/book shop when I lived nearby.
Bet you're sorry you moved now... you could have picked up a free TV.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 12:57 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
I'll bow to your local knowledge, I used to try never to go south of Watford Gap.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Amazulu
We get it, no need to post it twice!
Oh no your trying to revoke my freedom of speach and my civil rights in two separate debates, your such a spoil sport.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 1:02 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

What's your point?

Just to make my view clear... if he was armed, then he gets shot.
I was laughing at your knee-jerk reactionary stance - you had decided your "side" before you had an ounce of information or evidence, once it appeared that he didn't shoot at the police at all and they, in fact, shot at themselves, you spin to a backup argument rather than waiting to actually have a clue about what happened.

I saw someone post on BE the other day about Muslim bombs in Norway, before the egg hit him in the face and it was shown to be nothing to do with them.

Do you know if the gun was even in his hand at the time or in the glove box? If he had it in his hand and wasn't in the middle of putting it on the floor then there is clearly a rational argument for self-defence by the police officer, but it could just have been in the car and then we are going along the lines of a police execution. I suspect we'll have to await some real information before a valid position can be gauged.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London riots

Originally Posted by wapping
I have my steel helmet on as i expect bricks thrown at me.
In 1971 August 18th i got off a bus in Hackney after work.
As i walked down a side street five what you now called hoodies
jumped me and left me for dead in the gutter for no reason at all they never even took my wallet.
Passers by stepped over me saying he must be a drug addict.
Dont know how long i was there when a fire engine stopped and got me to hospital.
That day i said im getting out of this country and i did in 1973.
So when i see the London riots i think thank God im here.
I open this site ever day and read about how you cant get this chocolate bar here or this soap powder..
Or should i come to Australia because i may miss my favouite tv show?
All you people who have second thoughts about coming of course its not perfect here and the first two years is bloody hard but look what you are leaving behind.
A few riots is a small price to pay for salad cream, irnbru and an a in your weetbix
Old Aug 10th 2011, 1:05 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John_R
David Cameron

Just got the one have we?
Old Aug 10th 2011, 1:18 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Just got the one have we?
Old Aug 10th 2011, 1:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Australia's had riots too, 5000+ people in the Sydney race riots.

What should we have done then? emigrated somewhere else, then moved again when that country had a riot.

You would be moving pretty often
Who said the London riots racially motivated? I saw plenty of white trash raiding the Ladbrokes on Lavendar Hill. More like opportunistic, welfare riddled, low class rioters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.