Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Retitled: England - riots

Retitled: England - riots

Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Riots

Originally Posted by itxrd
Wow just been checking out the news. You would expect this in the Congo or Lebanon, not Blighty!

Left last year and boy am I glad. For all those (and I'm included) that often complain about Oz at least it is safe!

Just in shock at watching the news. Looting, pillaging all with the Po-lice officers just there. Teenagers running riot

What do you guys think?
well there were race riots in australia a few years ago if I remeber right, but nothing on this scale.

Theres another thread on it here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=727719
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:41 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Those Nasty Met Coppers are at it again.

Originally Posted by dave99
I read the police are now prepared to use rubber bullets tonight if if kicks off again, about time to, thats the only way these idiot looters will be stopped
Yip.

Get a few ram roast on the go and the sheep will scatter.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: UK Riots

Sorry!!

Please close this thread. Didn't see the other one

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 9th 2011 at 7:22 pm.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:48 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave99
I read the police are now prepared to use rubber bullets tonight if if kicks off again, about time to, thats the only way these idiot looters will be stopped
I'm glad that the police are upping the ante.....slight snag. Rubber bullets can be fatal. I hope to goodness they aren't tonight.

I joined the police in 1981 in the week that the Tottenham riots kicked off. I can still hear the the drill sergeant's words, "Anyone want to resign?"

None of us did.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:56 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
I'm glad that the police are upping the ante.....slight snag. Rubber bullets can be fatal. I hope to goodness they aren't tonight.
The risk of innocent people getting hurt is always a major concern but the odds are stacked in favour of them being hurt by the rioters actions so the gloves have to come off.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:05 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

But if any of the rioters are hurt by the rubber bullets, they will expect the paramedics to help them, the very people they were attacking last night.

I think if any of the rioters are injured, they have no right to treatment - why should they? They have been attacking emergency service staff, they obviously dont like the system or anything official, so why should they be allowed to have treatment if they are injured in illegal activity and violence that they chose to do.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:13 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

The odd thing is everyone here calls me a right wing fascist extremist, until there are a few riots, and suddenly there are calls for troops on the streets, rubber bullets and water canons.

Where are the left wing liberals when their ideal world falls apart?
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:15 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
The odd thing is everyone here calls me a right wing fascist extremist, until there are a few riots, and suddenly there are calls for troops on the streets, rubber bullets and water canons.

Where are the left wing liberals when their ideal world falls apart?
They sure as hell aren't in the front line!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:18 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

They sure as hell aren't in the front line!
Yep, those nasty evil met cops are the ones on the line, the liberals are all hiding under the table.

Its always been like this and always will be.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:26 pm
221b Baker Street

Yep, those nasty evil met cops are the ones on the line, the liberals are all hiding under the table.

Its always been like this and always will be.
To me, right-wing has never meant anything more than pragmatic. I think a lot of "just right of centre" people have been brow-beaten into keeping quiet.

These riots are deplorable and regretable but something tells me that this must just be the trigger required for decent people in the UK (of whatever political persausion) to say, "Enough is enough."
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:41 pm
Not allowed opinions.

To me, right-wing has never meant anything more than pragmatic. I think a lot of "just right of centre" people have been brow-beaten into keeping quiet.

These riots are deplorable and regretable but something tells me that this must just be the trigger required for decent people in the UK (of whatever political persausion) to say, "Enough is enough."
It wont be. Already the apologists are out there. words like Underclass, misunderstood and disenfranchised and marginalised are being bandied around.

This time next year it will be the same again.

Toughen up the laws, toughen up the police, and make the people respect law and order - by force if necessary. But within 6 months most of BE will be calling me a fascist again.....
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:43 pm
221b Baker Street

It wont be. Already the apologists are out there. words like Underclass, misunderstood and disenfranchised and marginalised are being bandied around.

This time next year it will be the same again.

Toughen up the laws, toughen up the police, and make the people respect law and order - by force if necessary. But within 6 months most of BE will be calling me a fascist again.....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675 is running (live TV) and the rioters included, a solicitor, a university graduate, students, other "professionals" - all with addresses outside London! These were amongst 500 charged today.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:46 pm
221b Baker Street

There you go. Oxfam shop in Ealing was looted.

Bastards.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:47 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it might be about to kick off again

From my Ticker banner..

Breaking News
In the last hour several shop windows have been smashed in West Bromwich. Up to 200 youths in hoodies have been seen on the streets and police have now pushed the crowd to one side.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:57 pm
Not allowed opinions.

There you go. Oxfam shop in Ealing was looted.

Bastards.
As dreadful as it sounds, you need to start considering a force like the CRS, who are immune to prosecution once a state of emergency has been declared.

Except of course you couldn't do that. Rioters have rights, and if you hurt one the human rights commission would have you...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.