Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Request for cash. What would you do?

Request for cash. What would you do?

Old Mar 18th 2009, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Request for cash. What would you do?

Originally Posted by donna
I do feel for you and god knows what i would do in that situation .But i think you have just solved your own problem,you know sometimes when you have a problem and dont know what to do,then you share it with a friend and hear yourself saying the words ,and think,you silly bugger ,yes thats what i need to do,well i think you have just done that.Does that make sense??anyway i think you have done the right thing,oh and give Tom all the birthday and teach her a lesson for being sooo rude(only joking)
Thanks - and yes I know what you mean - sometimes it helps to get it all out and then you know what you need to do.

Originally Posted by Syedney
I know it may sound like easy to say but hard to do, and it is !! but stay strong...

She will notice the change in you....(Can't take you for ride anymore) and ultimately will respect you for this...

You're doing the right thing so stay strong...Hopefully the whole episode wil make see who she really is: a little child playing childish manipulating tricks on parents...She may even grow up after this.

You can cruel to be kind too, you know?
Yes - I think sometimes tough love is hard and even harder when you have left a child in the UK - you seem to make excuses for being soft. Having her make hurtful comments on Facebook doesn't help - I normally would react by trying to win her over - but not this time. I am not playing it that way.

Originally Posted by somme
Hi Sasbear, I have left older children back in the Uk and know all about the guilt trip, what you are suggesting seems really fair, I only wish I had made desions like that in the past .............good luck with whatever you decide. Somehow unless they get exactly what they want, you are in the wrong.

amen to that - you can't do right for doing wrong.