Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Remember me? I lurk a lot!

Remember me? I lurk a lot!

Old Sep 18th 2007, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice
Default Remember me? I lurk a lot!

Hi Guys,

I have been off the board for some time but saw the error of my ways and signing in again! LOL Lots of new names but lots I still recognise. Some of you might remember me, in a nutshell..........came over from the UK Sept 1999 with 3 kids then aged 14,11 & 6. Lived remote/rural SA for 7 years then finally had the courage to leave abusive marriage, pissed off to Darwin for a couple of months with 2 kids - eldest had joined the Navy by this time to get away. Came back to SA when ex left the township, he went off to other side of Adelaide. Mooched around for a time feeling sorry for myself, eldest son by this time transferred to Perth and said come over for Xmas! Gues what Xmas 2005 arrived in Perth, settled in Rockingham, just over 6 mths there met a wonderful bloke through work, now married and living just by airport in Perth, got new Job in Freo, son still in Navy.......youngest son working full time and 14yr old daughter at high school and working part time.

My new husband has never been out of the country, so next year we are planning a take both 19 and 14yr old over to the UK for a "flying" visit, it will be nearly 10 years since I have been back, when my mother saw our wedding photos she couldnt believe the change in my then 11 yr old son and now a strapping 19yr old!

Basically, if you haven't fallen asleep by now, I have come back to BE to thank all the people who supported me through the rough times that I had a few years ago, I am back on board and will visit regularly again!
In all the bad times, I never thought seriiously of going back "home" I am one of the lucky ones I have never suffered from homesickness, the only things I really miss is seeing my niece, I've only seen pictures of her, obviously I miss my parents too, but they have got on with their life as I have mine, they have never met my new husband - we have been married nearly 6 months!!

The moral of this story is..........never give up hope, I didn't think a move to Perth would change my life so dramatically! In a job now that I love, kids finally happy and settled, even 14yr old who had counselling after everything has come on leaps and bounds and is enjoying life again.
Best regards to all at BE

Sally
Old Sep 18th 2007, 5:36 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remember me? I lurk a lot!

Great to hear things have worked out for you.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 5:57 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Phew! That's some serious upheaval you've been through. Glad it's all settled down for you now ... and welcome back to the forum.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there and welcome back to BE, I'm glad life is treating you well.
S xx
Old Sep 18th 2007, 6:48 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome back!

Good luck in your new marriage! Great to see that everything has turned out well after what's happened.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! That's some story. Well done you for sticking it out & glad all going so well for you now
Welcome back to the madhouse
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Was you originally from Kent by any chance?
Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice

Yes I was, I suppose the name invictia gives it away! Only someone from Kent would know that. I was born in South London but spent most of my life just outside Canterbury, bought a house in Gillingham once but soon back to C"bury!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by invictia
Yes I was, I suppose the name invictia gives it away! Only someone from Kent would know that. I was born in South London but spent most of my life just outside Canterbury, bought a house in Gillingham once but soon back to C"bury!
Yeah, it was your login name

I can understand not wanting to stay in Gillingham
Old Sep 18th 2007, 7:56 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back to B.E Sally.

It's great to hear an interesting story like yours that has a happy ending

Last edited by Kapri; Sep 18th 2007 at 7:56 pm. Reason: typo
Old Sep 18th 2007, 7:58 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Yeah, it was your login name

I can understand not wanting to stay in Gillingham
Hey I have mates there!!

welcome back invictia glad things are better for you now
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by asher
Hey I have mates there!!

Hey - thought the username was familiar lol.

What a story - I wish you all the best you deserve to be happy, as do your children ((hugs))
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by asher
Hey I have mates there!!

They must live in the posh part