Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Relocation Relocation Australia

Relocation Relocation Australia

Old Oct 26th 2011, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocation Relocation Australia

I reckon I must have seen this episode "On Demand" when they first started the Aus Relocation Relocation. Can't warm to this Veronica woman, seems incredibly plastic. Maybe she will settle into the show and let her real personality come through. The Bloke seems natural enough so far though.

Quite enjoyed this episode and when I first saw it figured, boy there going to be some real characters in the Aussie version. Sadly from the point of view of viewers interest, it's only been this woman that's been over the top.

I was surprised by her attitude to the presenters. However her Bush Bush Bush outburst would possibly be repeated by more people than most on here would imagine... As born out by the number of people that reside as close to CBD's around Australia. Seems that the majority of Aus borns share something of her attitude.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 10:00 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I reckon I must have seen this episode "On Demand" when they first started the Aus Relocation Relocation. Can't warm to this Veronica woman, seems incredibly plastic. Maybe she will settle into the show and let her real personality come through. The Bloke seems natural enough so far though.

Quite enjoyed this episode and when I first saw it figured, boy there going to be some real characters in the Aussie version. Sadly from the point of view of viewers interest, it's only been this woman that's been over the top.

I was surprised by her attitude to the presenters. However her Bush Bush Bush outburst would possibly be repeated by more people than most on here would imagine... As born out by the number of people that reside as close to CBD's around Australia. Seems that the majority of Aus borns share something of her attitude.
I just didn't get the whole 'I want big acreage but I don't want bush' How does that work? She says she will not reduce her list of requirements and they can't possibly go over budget and then reduces her list and spends $70k over, where did they get that from? We didn't see mummy in the new house either They wouldn't even have needed to move to get more room if she wasn't a psychopath hoarder It was a bit of a WTF moment when she told the husband that they weren't going to be there long.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Been watching it too, with interest and last nights episode just had us in creases, my kids have a new catch phrase now bush, bush, bush. It was mental.
Living up here in mad Darwin the prices they have down south is great, cant afford a shed up here for less than 500k.
Mandy
Old Oct 27th 2011, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

Watched this episode last night and as I'd already seen this thread I did laugh a lot at Goo! OH was interested to know how on earth their budget was as large as it was!

I know this is terribly un-PC to say but when Goo said her mum had mental issues I did wonder if it was likely to run in the family. She was a fruit loop!

These Aussie presenters just don't match up quite to Phil and Kirsty and yet I warmed to the Kevin McCloud equivalent on Grand Designs!
Old Oct 27th 2011, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jothefw
These Aussie presenters just don't match up quite to Phil and Kirsty and yet I warmed to the Kevin McCloud equivalent on Grand Designs!
Yehp the Aussie Grand Designs is the only one of these lifestyle programs that matches the UK version. In fact the Aussie Presenter could actually be less annoying and slightly more entertaining than Kevin McCloud... certainly far less pretentious.

The TV Chemistry between Phil and Kirsty is very viewable.