Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Record recession for UK economy

Record recession for UK economy

Old Oct 25th 2009, 10:33 pm
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Record recession for UK economy

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
What's the word I'm looking for...... ahh yes, there it is. Codswallop.
That puts is as Codswallop vs Blinkered Partisan.
Old Oct 25th 2009, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WillBlack
Blinkered Partisan.
Didn't they get beat the other night in the Champions League?
Old Oct 25th 2009, 11:20 pm
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't they get beat the other night in the Champions League?
Had to Google "Champions League". Something to do with the Union of European "Football" Associations, UEFA.

Do I get you right; Britain is in a record recession because it is a member of a soccer association?
Old Oct 26th 2009, 5:36 am
Account Closed

Had to Google "Champions League". Something to do with the Union of European "Football" Associations, UEFA.

Do I get you right; Britain is in a record recession because it is a member of a soccer association?
You have no idea what the Champions League is..
You have no idea how British humour works..
Yet you are an expert on the British economy of the 1980's to the present day...

How does that work then?
Old Oct 26th 2009, 7:06 am
Banned

You have no idea what the Champions League is..
You have no idea how British humour works..
Yet you are an expert on the British economy of the 1980's to the present day...

How does that work then?
While you were downing dregs, foaming at the mouth and barracking for girlie soccer players, I remained sober, cool and detached. The British are funny, haha. Was not aware that it was neccessary to be an expert on the British economy to see and put into words the obvious.

Satisfactory?
Old Oct 26th 2009, 7:21 am
Account Closed

While you were downing dregs, foaming at the mouth and barracking for girlie soccer players, I remained sober, cool and detached. The British are funny, haha. Was not aware that it was neccessary to be an expert on the British economy to see and put into words the obvious.

Satisfactory?
For sober, cool and detached... read boring, dull and alone.

Are you trying to claim the the British have no sense of humour???... I mean I'm humouring you at this very minute, so that's at least one example.

As for your ability to sum up decades of the economy of the UK in a single sentence... well I prostrate myself at the very altar of your economic brilliance. I assume you must be running The Fed, or at the very least The Babygro bank... or whatever its called.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 7:38 am
Banned

As for your ability to sum up decades of the economy of the UK in a single sentence... well I prostrate myself at the very altar of your economic brilliance.
Took you long enough.

Now, perhaps you might care to provide some light humourous entertainment by offering your explanation for high interest rates in the late 1980s and early 1990s?
Old Oct 26th 2009, 7:52 am
Account Closed

Took you long enough.

Now, perhaps you might care to provide some light humourous entertainment by offering your explanation for high interest rates in the late 1980s and early 1990s?
Nope, no matter how hard I think about it I can't come up with a light humourous way of explaining interest rates.... so you win.

Seriously though... why do you post here? What do you feel you have in common with the other posters?.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 7:57 am
Banned

Nope, no matter how hard I think about it I can't come up with a light humourous way of explaining interest rates.... so you win.

Seriously though... why do you post here? What do you feel you have in common with the other posters?.
Some of my best laughs have been on the way home from the bank - so far.

If I felt I had too much in common with other posters, I would not post here - there would be no point.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 8:02 am
Account Closed

If I felt I had too much in common with other posters, I would not post here - there would be no point.
Fair enough I suppose... but stuff does seem to go sailing over your head at times due to that lack of common ground.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 8:34 am
Banned

Fair enough I suppose... but stuff does seem to go sailing over your head at times due to that lack of common ground.
Soccer in particular and sport in general has never interested me and will not save Britain's bacon.

Britain has been the perpetrator and victim of monetary positive feedforward instability leading to increasing "oscillations" in volumes and velocity of money. This last one will not break the country but will harm it.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 8:44 am
Account Closed

Soccer in particular and sport in general has never interested me and will not save Britain's bacon.

Britain has been the perpetrator and victim of monetary positive feedforward instability leading to increasing "oscillations" in volumes and velocity of money. This last one will not break the country but will harm it.
You must be a bundle of laughs down the pub....
Old Oct 26th 2009, 8:53 am
Banned

You must be a bundle of laughs down the pub....
Only go for meals when on the road, never found the alchies witty enough to hold my attention.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 12:35 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Another normal thread for Bizarroland.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 7:55 pm
can't lose the tie

mecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to all

You guys need your own thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.