Is this for real?

Old Oct 11th 2010, 8:43 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this for real?

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
I don't believe a woman has a right to murder her child, just because she wants to, or can.

Sorry.
I completely agree with you . Life begins at conception and once that has occurred no person has the right to take it away.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
I completely agree with you . Life begins at conception and once that has occurred no person has the right to take it away.
Does that rule out 'morning after' contraceptive methods in your view?
Old Oct 11th 2010, 9:11 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Does that rule out 'morning after' contraceptive methods in your view?
Not being judgemental, but I personally feel uncomfortable with anything that snuffs out the spark of human life.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 11:32 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
And I'm sorry also when I accuse you of being judgemental. Were you perhaps brought up [sorry brainwashed] in a certain faith originating from Rome ?
Don't be a twat. That stupid comment is not worth a reply.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 12:46 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Not being judgemental, but I personally feel uncomfortable with anything that snuffs out the spark of human life.
In any circumstance? What if your wife or daughter were raped and became pregnant as a result? Would you want them to carry that pregnancy to term knowing that she was carrying her rapists child? Or what if carrying a pregnancy would endanger your wife's life? Would you choose for her to carry a baby to term knowing that there was a chance she could die as a result? Or if the baby would be born so profoundly disabled that there was no chance of life beyond that of being a vegetable? Why would you bring a child into the world only to have it suffer?
Old Oct 11th 2010, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
In any circumstance? What if your wife or daughter were raped and became pregnant as a result? Would you want them to carry that pregnancy to term knowing that she was carrying her rapists child? Or what if carrying a pregnancy would endanger your wife's life? Would you choose for her to carry a baby to term knowing that there was a chance she could die as a result? Or if the baby would be born so profoundly disabled that there was no chance of life beyond that of being a vegetable? Why would you bring a child into the world only to have it suffer?
I do not have strong opinions on abortion, but my basic feeling is that as a medical procedure it is technically good that women have the option, that I support its use in terms of the extreme cases you mention, but that I am uneasy about it being used as a form of birth control. I know this is unfair on the woman as the man is just as responsible for the (unwanted) pregnancy but I can't shout at biology, can I?

When I was at uni I knew someone who had an abortion as a form of birth control and it wasn't her first abortion either. She was 19. To me this is not a great thing.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 1:31 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I think we'll all have to agree to disagree on this one, such an emotive subject.

However please, those of you who have never been through this, just consider for a moment - there are those who are made pregnant in the most terrible circumstances, and there are some women who, for whatever reason (lack of education, lack of self-esteem, whatever, I don't know) use abortion as a contraceptive. You hear and talk about them because it's a juicy topic.

Many, many millions more have their own reasons, medical or otherwise, with which you may or may not agree, and just get on with it quietly. They shouldn't have to justify it to you or anybody else.

I'm not just saying this because I'm one of them. Honestly, I couldn't give a monkey's what you think of me. I would imagine, statistically, there are quite a few more here on BE who, reading this thread, think that the masses feel abortion is only (just about) acceptable if they'd been raped or their lives were at risk.

Life is not so black and white.

Ah **** it, that's me done on this one. I'm on my holidays
Old Oct 11th 2010, 1:34 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Life begins at conception and once that has occurred no person has the right to take it away.
Technically it's just a couple of cells at conception. So do you think a single sperm and egg have have more rights than a fully grown healthy human?
Old Oct 11th 2010, 5:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Dorothy
There are obviously exceptions such as those above. As with most things in life it's rarely black and white. And there are some things that could be considered contradictory with my ideal for the right to life For example rapists and child abusers have forfeited their right to life and deserve to face the death penalty.

I Have to admit to being a bit shocked by the number of people in favour of abortion. How times change: A generation ago most would have been against abortion with one or two people in favour of it and apologisng for their opinion. It'll be interesting to see what people willl be happy with a generation from now.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 6:06 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

There are obviously exceptions such as those above. As with most things in life it's rarely black and white. And there are some things that could be considered contradictory with my ideal for the right to life For example rapists and child abusers have forfeited their right to life and deserve to face the death penalty.

I Have to admit to being a bit shocked by the number of people in favour of abortion. How times change: A generation ago most would have been against abortion with one or two people in favour of it and apologisng for their opinion. It'll be interesting to see what people willl be happy with a generation from now.
I think you would be surprised by how many people a generation ago were actually in favour of abortion rights. Who do you think lobbied for the rights of women anyway?
Old Oct 11th 2010, 7:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Life is not so black and white.
Never a truer word, especially with a topic like this.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 9:45 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

That is your belief but thankfully society has moved on from that and given us the right to terminate unborn foetuses. Women have the right and are using it mainly for their good.

Old Oct 11th 2010, 11:07 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

The court case at the centre of this started in Cairns today and is expected to last for 2 days.

The local news is not exactly hot on facts but from what we are told so far....

The lad's sister in Ukraine sent him pills which they used to terminate the pregnancy.

Therefore both are on trial. Him as supplier and her as user.

Can't see any result other than negative for them as a judge makes his ruling on law and that says a crime has been committed.

The law (I understand) is non surgical abortion is illegal.
Old Oct 11th 2010, 11:45 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by IvanM
That is your belief but thankfully society has moved on from that and given us the right to terminate unborn foetuses. Women have the right and are using it mainly for their good.
Many see easy abortions as a positive move in our social development. But is it really?
Old Oct 12th 2010, 12:07 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
The court case at the centre of this started in Cairns today and is expected to last for 2 days.

The local news is not exactly hot on facts but from what we are told so far....

The lad's sister in Ukraine sent him pills which they used to terminate the pregnancy.

Therefore both are on trial. Him as supplier and her as user.

Can't see any result other than negative for them as a judge makes his ruling on law and that says a crime has been committed.

The law (I understand) is non surgical abortion is illegal.
There are quite a few countries where you can buy them over the counter in a pharmacy, I actually researched the drugs after a discussion I had at uni and I found out abortion was Illegal in QLD.

I had pretty much the same reaction as PP I would do everything I could to do it myself then to be forced to go through with an unwanted pregnancy and most of the other women agreed they would do the same. So I think it's much safer for women to have an abortion with proper care rather than try and do it themselves.

Those pills sometimes don't clear everything and bits can be left behind leading to infection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.