Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Random acts of kindness...

Random acts of kindness...

Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:07 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Random acts of kindness...

Originally Posted by Alfresco
I was standing at an outside table at a pub in Victoria station (London) many years ago with a pint of beer waiting for my train. I had a sip and put it down while watching the world go by. Turned back to have another sip and my glass was EMPTY!

The barman came outside and told me that the hobo hanging around the pub sneaks up on people and gulps down their drink while they're not looking.

I thought I was very kind that day for not bashing the hobo's brains out.
I was thirsty and desperate
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:41 am
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brissybee
In a harried world, a random act of kindness can make someone's day.

Particularly if the person involved is a stranger.

What was a memorable random act of kindness you performed or benefited from?
i was out the front and this bloke was sifting through the curbside collection...he kept looking over at me so as you do i said"everything o.k mate?

he says..

"my dad built that house and we grew up there"

so i invited him in and he told us all the history of the house...he was quite emotional by the end of it,,obviously brought back a few memories of his parents..

so anyway he tells me he was looking for an old monitor for his p.c...in the curbside collection..so i gave his a flatscreen the babies dont use anymore...he was well chuffed...

later in the day theres a knock at the door,its him,with photos of the house,the original plans,,and the original contract.. 5496 buck it cost to build our house....
Old Apr 11th 2011, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
I was thirsty and desperate
You must have been, as it wasn't even Guinness. I think it was Stella.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 6:22 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

There's a few times I've had those acts come back & bite me:
An elderly lady once asked me if I would "Use up the rest of those tiles" by tiling over her vanity. I pointed out it was totally impracticable as the existing surface was peeling, loose paint with rotten timber behind, I explained there must be a leak. She couldn't pay me anything but "would I still just tidy it up, the leak had been fixed" I caved in did the job, then, 6 months later, I'm back there because the free tiling I did had come unstuck & her son threatened to ring the QBSA. He even wanted me to compensate him for having to ring me & a plumber to fix the leak
Old Apr 12th 2011, 6:57 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Blowing up Pauline Hanson. It would be an act of kindness to an old dog.

Last edited by Turban Explorer; Apr 12th 2011 at 7:00 am.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer

http://resources3.news.com.au/images...ine-hanson.jpg
Wrong thread!
Old Apr 12th 2011, 10:58 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer

http://resources3.news.com.au/images...ine-hanson.jpg
Please explain....
Old Apr 12th 2011, 1:02 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Please explain....
I think she means there's dog in that there burger and if she was blown up, the dog would be saved. However you have to read the thread on blowing something up to truly get the point.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 10:13 pm

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Freeing humanity of Pauline 'I didn't come by boat' Hanson would be a random act of kindness to the whole world.

Last edited by Turban Explorer; Apr 12th 2011 at 10:22 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I think she means there's dog in that there burger and if she was blown up, the dog would be saved. However you have to read the thread on blowing something up to truly get the point.
Thank you MP. I would hate for my comment to be construed as 'off piste'.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

GreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to allGreenMan72 is a name known to all

I lost my wallet in Victoria Sq, Christchurch (NZ) while on lunchbreak.
Wasn't even aware I'd lost it until the local police station called me to report that a tourist had picked it up and handed it into them.

I managed to track down the guy and sent him a thank-you letter
Old Apr 13th 2011, 2:45 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Of the many things I have done I recall I was once in a queue behind a little girl who was buying ice lollies and didnt have enough money so I made up the rest of the amount. And I've given a lift to a young asian girl who signalled to me to stop, I advised her to be careful as not everyone is trustworthy. I like to live up to my reputation ( self made) of nicest member!
Old Apr 13th 2011, 6:18 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Not something that happened to me but something that happened to my dad.

He was driving up to Monkey Mia when he ran out of fuel. A very kind couple stopped, asked him if he was ok and providing him and his then wife with water, drove him to the nearest petrol station and then drove him back to the car so they could continue on their journey.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 7:10 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meelie
Of the many things I have done I recall I was once in a queue behind a little girl who was buying ice lollies and didnt have enough money so I made up the rest of the amount. And I've given a lift to a young asian girl who signalled to me to stop, I advised her to be careful as not everyone is trustworthy. I like to live up to my reputation ( self made) of nicest member!
You didn't kill her, drive into the outback and dump the body?

How is this country meant to maintain it's reputation?
Old Apr 13th 2011, 7:20 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
You didn't kill her, drive into the outback and dump the body?

How is this country meant to maintain it's reputation?
Sorry, she caught me on a good day! Plus it was in my new car and I wouldn't want any claret on it! And she obviously hasn't heard of Rosemary West!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.