Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Racist muslim rapists

Racist muslim rapists

Old Jan 9th 2006, 11:17 am
Banned

menace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud of
Default Racist muslim rapists

Bit of a catchy title there

Now you are here reading this thread what do you think about this article?

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...e.asp?ID=20646

Not being from Sydney I am not so caught up in the Cronulla situation but this could spread up here to the backwater of brisbane. Racism of any kind is not good but this makes my blood boil.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 11:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Racist muslim rapists

Originally Posted by menace
Racism of any kind is not good but this makes my blood boil.
So why spread it The media, especially crap like that that fuels the problem.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 11:42 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Bit of a catchy title there

Now you are here reading this thread what do you think about this article?

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...e.asp?ID=20646

Not being from Sydney I am not so caught up in the Cronulla situation but this could spread up here to the backwater of brisbane. Racism of any kind is not good but this makes my blood boil.
This remark is so abhorent and disgusting that the Professor in question should really question his own intellect and rationale. Does he really believe that our christian society needs to adapt to the uncivilised urges and beliefs of medieval thinkers such as these?

"Oslo Professor of Anthropology, Unni Wikan, said Norwegian women must take responsibility for the fact that Muslim men find their manner of dress provocative. And since these men believe women are responsible for rape, she stated, the women must adapt to the multicultural society around them."

The whole situation is inflammatory and what I find so hypocritical of the men (aka scum in this situation) involved is that they are calling the women "whores" and "slags" YET they are forcing the women into the very act that derives their desire to call them "whores". Not only that, but the women are free to have sexual liasons with whomever they please, as we do live in a Christian-based democracy, yet these same men are carrying out an imposed and forced barbaric act and yet labelling the women as pariahs?

Says a lot about Islamic fundamentalism and the idiots that pedal it.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 11:46 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
So why spread it The media, especially crap like that that fuels the problem.
I'm not sure that ignorance is the best way to deal with issues like this?

I can't vouch for the Australian and French incidents but I do know that the British press reported the UK incident when it happened and it certainly wasn't "crap" being peddled.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:04 am
Banned

menace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
I'm not sure that ignorance is the best way to deal with issues like this?

I can't vouch for the Australian and French incidents but I do know that the British press reported the UK incident when it happened and it certainly wasn't "crap" being peddled.
I totally agree. Some people palm it off as crap while it is going on in everyday life, FFS you have leading members of the Islamic community jabbering this hatred and it is repulsive.

A bit off topic but related to all the recent racist goings on. There was a guy arrested and charged with causing a public nuisance in Surfers Paradise last week for wrapping himself in an Aussie flag.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 1:08 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

That article is the most inflammatory thing I have read in a long time.

'Islamic/Muslim Rapists' - are all Muslim men rapists? I dont think so.

When I lived in Devon, we had the British National Party put stuff through our letterbox saying 'Keep Britain White, get the women back in the home where they belong and the men back into work supporting families'.

We all know the National Front/BNP/Combat 18 are not representative of English people.

Many women want to go out to work, many men are happy staying at home and are not of that extreme sexist opinion.

Islamic extremists are not true representatives of the Muslim community. They are the Islamic extreme version of the BNP/NF/Combat 18.

When English extremists spout their crap, more often than not, they are ignored as outsiders done always think 'oh thats how all brits are isn't it?'

So why are they putting a label on ALL Muslims and saying 'Muslim rapists?'

If we are talking generalisation, when I went to Thailand, some Thai bloke was proudly showing off two lads of about 5, wearing tight white hot pants and said to us 'We know English men love our children for sex, English are our best customers'.

I found that disgusting and said to my (non practising Muslim) husband 'Thats not very nice to generalise'

'Why not? Muslims are all tarred with the same brush as extremists' Abdel replied simply.

Extremism comes in many forms and breeds hatred.

It is wrong and yes, Islamic extremism is a huge problem but these people are not true Muslims and are merely acting out their sick ideas in the 'name of Islam' which ultimately means, they are doing it to give it some sort of religious approval.

I went to a catholic school and a girl of twelve was raped and made pregnant by her brother.

I remember the priest telling the mum that 'abortion is murder and the child's life takes priority' and that poor kid was sent back to Ireland to bear her brothers child, all in the name of the Catholic Religion.

But that doesn't mean all catholics are like that.

Yes, my husband was born a Muslim and no, he doesn't practise it.

My in-laws are all Muslim, they pray, don't drink and are law abiding people.

My brother in law is not a rapist, works his nuts off to support his family.

Does it mean that because he is a Muslim, he is more likely to rape?

So instead of publications on this link declaring 'Racist Muslim rapists', they should merely use the title 'Rapists'.

Because rape is rape and it certainly does not need a cultural title to make it seem more dramatic.

Articles like that breed hatred and prejudice and its about time we stopped dramatising the 'so called' religion first and the crime afterwards.

Because like I found in Thailand, it's not very nice being a victim of generalisation.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

here here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm just waiting for the media to start attacking us Jews again.. it can't be far in coming!

now where did i put put my labeled box?????
Old Jan 10th 2006, 1:57 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
That article is the most inflammatory thing I have read in a long time.

'Islamic/Muslim Rapists' - are all Muslim men rapists? I dont think so.

When I lived in Devon, we had the British National Party put stuff through our letterbox saying 'Keep Britain White, get the women back in the home where they belong and the men back into work supporting families'.

We all know the National Front/BNP/Combat 18 are not representative of English people.

Many women want to go out to work, many men are happy staying at home and are not of that extreme sexist opinion.

Islamic extremists are not true representatives of the Muslim community. They are the Islamic extreme version of the BNP/NF/Combat 18.

When English extremists spout their crap, more often than not, they are ignored as outsiders done always think 'oh thats how all brits are isn't it?'

So why are they putting a label on ALL Muslims and saying 'Muslim rapists?'

If we are talking generalisation, when I went to Thailand, some Thai bloke was proudly showing off two lads of about 5, wearing tight white hot pants and said to us 'We know English men love our children for sex, English are our best customers'.

I found that disgusting and said to my (non practising Muslim) husband 'Thats not very nice to generalise'

'Why not? Muslims are all tarred with the same brush as extremists' Abdel replied simply.

Extremism comes in many forms and breeds hatred.

It is wrong and yes, Islamic extremism is a huge problem but these people are not true Muslims and are merely acting out their sick ideas in the 'name of Islam' which ultimately means, they are doing it to give it some sort of religious approval.

I went to a catholic school and a girl of twelve was raped and made pregnant by her brother.

I remember the priest telling the mum that 'abortion is murder and the child's life takes priority' and that poor kid was sent back to Ireland to bear her brothers child, all in the name of the Catholic Religion.

But that doesn't mean all catholics are like that.

Yes, my husband was born a Muslim and no, he doesn't practise it.

My in-laws are all Muslim, they pray, don't drink and are law abiding people.

My brother in law is not a rapist, works his nuts off to support his family.

Does it mean that because he is a Muslim, he is more likely to rape?

So instead of publications on this link declaring 'Racist Muslim rapists', they should merely use the title 'Rapists'.

Because rape is rape and it certainly does not need a cultural title to make it seem more dramatic.

Articles like that breed hatred and prejudice and its about time we stopped dramatising the 'so called' religion first and the crime afterwards.

Because like I found in Thailand, it's not very nice being a victim of generalisation.
Hi.

I agree with a lot of what you have stated in your reply. I also agree that generalisations rarely play a constructive role in any context.

The article does tend more towards unbalanced than balanced BUT given the following two paragraphs it's clear to see that some credence has to be given to the fact that in the world there are Imams who are basing their religously warped views and opinions based upon their interpretation of Islamic beliefs and preaching it to the masses. What is important to stress is that YES this is not indicative of how ALL Muslim's feel and as such it is wrong to generalise. However, what is being emphasised is that the perpetrators of these vile crimes are seemingly being influenced by people within their own communities, such as the Imams.

Though it is possible that not all acts of rape in the current context have been committed in the name of Allah, it is highly likely that at least some of them are directly related to the corrupted values and ideals that they are being fed by people within their community. Abu Hamzah (in the UK) made no bones about using Islam as the foundation for the bile and hatred that he preached at the London mosque he used to attend. We cannot say in this case that he is merely a man spouting hatred and that this same hatred is unrelated to his religious beliefs, can we?

I think that the article does tend more than it should towards blaming all acts of rape committed by men of middle-eastern appearance on their Islamic indoctrination but this does not mean that the relationship between crime and religion cannot and should not be discussed.

The key point here really is "balance".

"And earlier this year Australians were outraged when Lebanese Sheik Faiz Mohammed gave a lecture in Sydney where he informed his audience that rape victims had no one to blame but themselves. Women, he said, who wore skimpy clothing, invited men to rape them."

A few months earlier, in Copenhagen, Islamic mufti and scholar, Shahid Mehdi created uproar when – like his peer in Australia – he stated that women who did not wear a headscarf were asking to be raped."

Last edited by DunRoaminTheUK; Jan 10th 2006 at 2:11 pm.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps this will explain the unbalanced view of FrontPageMag, a right-wing online magazine:

Copied from Wikipedia:
FrontPageMag.com, also known as Front Page Magazine, is a neoconservative online journal edited by David Horowitz and published by the Center for the Study of Popular Culture, a non-profit organization established by Horowitz. Dedicated to conservative advocacy, FrontPageMag.com regularly criticizes the Democratic party, liberal press, environmental movement, affirmative action, feminism, human rights organizations, labor unions, and pacifist groups. It is particularly critical of commentators and politicians who attack the so-called "War on Terror."

I personally wouldn't take anything David Horowitz preaches as the gospel. He's forever stirring up troubles.

Mrs JTL
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
This remark is so abhorent and disgusting that the Professor in question should really question his own intellect and rationale. Does he really believe that our christian society needs to adapt to the uncivilised urges and beliefs of medieval thinkers such as these?

"Oslo Professor of Anthropology, Unni Wikan, said Norwegian women must take responsibility for the fact that Muslim men find their manner of dress provocative. And since these men believe women are responsible for rape, she stated, the women must adapt to the multicultural society around them."

The whole situation is inflammatory and what I find so hypocritical of the men (aka scum in this situation) involved is that they are calling the women "whores" and "slags" YET they are forcing the women into the very act that derives their desire to call them "whores". Not only that, but the women are free to have sexual liasons with whomever they please, as we do live in a Christian-based democracy, yet these same men are carrying out an imposed and forced barbaric act and yet labelling the women as pariahs?

Says a lot about Islamic fundamentalism and the idiots that pedal it.
It makes it worse that it's a woman saying these things. Talk about your own worst enemy
Old Jan 11th 2006, 7:39 am
Banned

The point is, nobody can deny these comments have been made by these Muslim leaders nor can anyone deny the rapes have happened because of the way the girls are dressed.
What is sad is the fact that people are too scared to post an opinion for fear of being branded a racist or being sent to Coventry.

What if it was your daughter and then you heard these Muslim leaders condoning it?
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:24 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

At the end of the day the religion or race of the person committing the crime to me is not relevant the fact is that a woman has been raped by a man. Why is the religion placed before the crime?? It seems that they are belittling the act by muddying the waters (bringing religion into it) for their own purposes. (Gobbyjock now goes to get her hard hat)
Old Jan 11th 2006, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

The point is, nobody can deny these comments have been made by these Muslim leaders nor can anyone deny the rapes have happened because of the way the girls are dressed.
What is sad is the fact that people are too scared to post an opinion for fear of being branded a racist or being sent to Coventry.

What if it was your daughter and then you heard these Muslim leaders condoning it?
These so called Muslim leaders mentioned in the article are extremists. They don't represent the majority of the Muslim communities in the countries where they live. I wouldn't even call them Muslim because Islam as a religion does not condone these barbaric acts.

Mrs JTL
Old Jan 11th 2006, 10:05 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

They are not Muslim leaders. They are extremists using the name 'Islam' to justify what they do.

There is a difference.

If a woman is raped by a white man, noone will care that the rapist was white or even mention his religion. Its the crime that matters not the facade the people committing the crime hide behind.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 10:20 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
They are not Muslim leaders. They are extremists using the name 'Islam' to justify what they do.

There is a difference.

If a woman is raped by a white man, noone will care that the rapist was white or even mention his religion. Its the crime that matters not the facade the people committing the crime hide behind.
Correction: The rapist won't try and hide behind his 'religion'.

It's not the journos in this case who are bringing religion into it, it's the so-called religious leaders. And they should be hung drawn and quartered for spouting such crap in the name of religion. It always amazes me when people emigrate from a country where free speech is outlawed, and spend their days spouting so much racist, sexist, and sometimes downright illegal and immoral crap in their new home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.