Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

question about the aussie cricket strip

question about the aussie cricket strip

Old Dec 6th 2010, 4:38 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default question about the aussie cricket strip

can anyone tell me is there any reasons behind the design of the Oz cricket team strip? I know they did a 'pink ribbon' thing for glenn mcgrath previously, but in the ashes some players have a red thing at the neck and some have a yellow one. I know this is totally trivial but Im interested if there is any reason why? thanks
Old Dec 6th 2010, 4:40 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: question about the aussie cricket strip

Originally Posted by squeezzii View Post
can anyone tell me is there any reasons behind the design of the Oz cricket team strip? I know they did a 'pink ribbon' thing for glenn mcgrath previously, but in the ashes some players have a red thing at the neck and some have a yellow one. I know this is totally trivial but Im interested if there is any reason why? thanks
Dunno, but I think you'll be able to get both shirts on a two-for-one deal in a few hours.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 5:31 am
HMP Queensland

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squeezzii View Post
The yellow ribbons might be for the Victorian Bushfires? They were being worn as a mark of respect/rememberance.
The red ones seem to be to do with marking World Aids Day.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 5:35 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Soon there will be black armbands to mark the death of Australian cricket.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 8:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Each player has a nominated charity. One of the main one's is Red Kite so the red neck bit is probably for that. I think the yellow may be Pontings charity colour. You'd think if they wanted to draw attention to the charities they'd publicise the colour and the reason a bit better.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 8:18 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Each player has a nominated charity. One of the main one's is Red Kite so the red neck bit is probably for that. I think the yellow may be Pontings charity colour. You'd think if they wanted to draw attention to the charities they'd publicise the colour and the reason a bit better.
There was a ticker that ran across the screen yesterday(? Day before?) saying something along the lines of sponsor Ricky Ponting for each run he makes throughout the series. If it weren't for the fact it's in aid of a children's cancer charity I'd have laughed. They're keeping that quiet, too.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 8:20 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George View Post
There was a ticker that ran across the screen yesterday(? Day before?) saying something along the lines of sponsor Ricky Ponting for each run he makes throughout the series. If it weren't for the fact it's in aid of a children's cancer charity I'd have laughed. They're keeping that quiet, too.
Hope they didn't have high hopes of raising millions
Old Dec 6th 2010, 8:40 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I guess "Scowl Ricky Scowl" didn't get off the ground ...
Old Dec 6th 2010, 10:19 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

thanks everyone
Old Dec 6th 2010, 9:33 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
I guess "Scowl Ricky Scowl" didn't get off the ground ...
The nation would be bankrupt.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 5:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

The nation would be bankrupt.
My local radio are doing a comp for tickets for one of the tests and one of the guys said something about it would only be poms entering the comp The other one then said that perhaps Ponting should enter as it was likely the only way he'd get there. Who says the Aussies don't have a sense of humour over sport.