Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Queen is 90..... The Prince is dead!

The Queen is 90..... The Prince is dead!

Old Apr 21st 2016, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Queen is 90..... The Prince is dead!

Prince the singer that is. So sad, loved (most of) his music. RIP
Old Apr 21st 2016, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Queen is 90..... The Prince is dead!

I heard a week or so ago that his private jet had made an emergency landing and he'd been rushed to hospital - no details were given of his illness.
Hadn't heard anything since so wasn't surprised that he had died, just surprised that he had died at home, you would think that if he was that ill they would have kept him in hospital, unless he knew he was on his last legs and went home to die. Anyway, loved his music, but he was too skinny and weird (not weird in a good way either) to be my cup of tea.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Anyway, loved his music, but he was too skinny and weird (not weird in a good way either) to be my cup of tea.
Completely agree
Old Apr 21st 2016, 10:45 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
I heard a week or so ago that his private jet had made an emergency landing and he'd been rushed to hospital - no details were given of his illness.
Hadn't heard anything since so wasn't surprised that he had died, just surprised that he had died at home, you would think that if he was that ill they would have kept him in hospital, unless he knew he was on his last legs and went home to die. Anyway, loved his music, but he was too skinny and weird (not weird in a good way either) to be my cup of tea.
The rumour doing the rounds is that he died of AIDS and religion.

Now there's always such rumours about pop stars, but this does appear to have some credence, what with him putting it about a bit in the day. He was also a Jehovah's Witness and more than a bit new-agey - and the rumour says he was taking the retrovirals up until 2 years ago, when a religious type told him 'he was cured' - so he stopped the medication. Cue the expected fate of those with hubris.

Time, and autopsy, will tell.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 11:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
The rumour doing the rounds is that he died of AIDS and religion.

Now there's always such rumours about pop stars, but this does appear to have some credence, what with him putting it about a bit in the day. He was also a Jehovah's Witness and more than a bit new-agey - and the rumour says he was taking the retrovirals up until 2 years ago, when a religious type told him 'he was cured' - so he stopped the medication. Cue the expected fate of those with hubris.

Time, and autopsy, will tell.
Could very well have an element of truth. I think the HIV rumour was around long ago, even when his baby died. Whatever he had, he really was too skinny and people like that just prove to me why I don't feel the need to defend my slightly curvier than I should be body lol.