British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   The Queen is 90..... The Prince is dead! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/queen-90-prince-dead-876304/)

Still Game Apr 21st 2016 7:28 pm

The Queen is 90..... The Prince is dead!

Prince the singer that is. So sad, loved (most of) his music. RIP

Kim67 Apr 21st 2016 8:00 pm

Re: The Queen is 90..... The Prince is dead!

I heard a week or so ago that his private jet had made an emergency landing and he'd been rushed to hospital - no details were given of his illness.
Hadn't heard anything since so wasn't surprised that he had died, just surprised that he had died at home, you would think that if he was that ill they would have kept him in hospital, unless he knew he was on his last legs and went home to die. Anyway, loved his music, but he was too skinny and weird (not weird in a good way either) to be my cup of tea.

Still Game Apr 21st 2016 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by Kim67 (Post 11928937)
Anyway, loved his music, but he was too skinny and weird (not weird in a good way either) to be my cup of tea.

Completely agree

GarryP Apr 21st 2016 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by Kim67 (Post 11928937)
I heard a week or so ago that his private jet had made an emergency landing and he'd been rushed to hospital - no details were given of his illness.
Hadn't heard anything since so wasn't surprised that he had died, just surprised that he had died at home, you would think that if he was that ill they would have kept him in hospital, unless he knew he was on his last legs and went home to die. Anyway, loved his music, but he was too skinny and weird (not weird in a good way either) to be my cup of tea.

The rumour doing the rounds is that he died of AIDS and religion.

Now there's always such rumours about pop stars, but this does appear to have some credence, what with him putting it about a bit in the day. He was also a Jehovah's Witness and more than a bit new-agey - and the rumour says he was taking the retrovirals up until 2 years ago, when a religious type told him 'he was cured' - so he stopped the medication. Cue the expected fate of those with hubris.

Time, and autopsy, will tell.

Kim67 Apr 21st 2016 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by GarryP (Post 11929034)
The rumour doing the rounds is that he died of AIDS and religion.

Now there's always such rumours about pop stars, but this does appear to have some credence, what with him putting it about a bit in the day. He was also a Jehovah's Witness and more than a bit new-agey - and the rumour says he was taking the retrovirals up until 2 years ago, when a religious type told him 'he was cured' - so he stopped the medication. Cue the expected fate of those with hubris.

Time, and autopsy, will tell.

Could very well have an element of truth. I think the HIV rumour was around long ago, even when his baby died. Whatever he had, he really was too skinny and people like that just prove to me why I don't feel the need to defend my slightly curvier than I should be body lol.