QLD posters

Old Feb 16th 2010, 8:44 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QLD posters

Originally Posted by kporte
I can appreciate the frustration with a hijack though. My issue is with some posters that come on a thread that has been started by said clique and tries to stir it and is then surprised and offended at being rounded on.
If they can't stand the heat.......
Oh well in that case, yes definitely, tough poo. Not aware of that happening much, but then I don't see all threads, life's too short. Certainly not aware of anyone reporting that sort of incident though.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 8:45 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Oh well in that case, yes definitely, tough poo. Not aware of that happening much, but then I don't see all threads, life's too short. Certainly not aware of anyone reporting that sort of incident though.
I never report anyone for anything. I'd report some of my posts though
Old Feb 16th 2010, 8:47 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I never report anyone for anything. I'd report some of my posts though
You wouldn't be the first. Other people hit the report button to post their comment on a thread. That can be quite bizarre and lord knows where they think their post has disappeared to.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 10:04 pm
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Where are the Qld crew tonight? They can't all be busy, it's only a Wednesday!
Old Feb 16th 2010, 10:17 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been 10 pin bowling with the kids... broke a nail actually.. then they had pizza and I had a salad..

There ! Inane ramblings from a Queenslander are back!

I have been thinking about this all day and wondering where it all went pear shaped? I talk to some people more than others, some I gel with and we can talk and natter and yes it does overtake threads.. It was bothering me today until I then realised that for my 1st thousand odd posts (!) I felt like a complete outsider on this forum too. People who had been friends for years used to just to talk to one another and I didn't fit in or feel like I should be posting on the Barbie much... *shrugs*... its just swings and roundabouts and as my life takes a different direction and I don't come on here for a while and new people come on here, I suppose I will probably feel that way again at some stage

Em x
Old Feb 16th 2010, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Peepster
Where are the Qld crew tonight? They can't all be busy, it's only a Wednesday!
Am I in a crew? Never thought of it like that. Part of the issue is that people like myself post on here a lot. In my current situation I have nothing else to do just now. It is only common sense that I would pick up some mates along the way.
I am embarrassed by the current threads about me but at the same time grateful because it is helping me through a difficult time to have the support and warmth. I can see how other posters would be bored by it all though.
Maybe time to delete these threads and bring some balance to the board?
Old Feb 16th 2010, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Am I in a crew? Never thought of it like that. Part of the issue is that people like myself post on here a lot. In my current situation I have nothing else to do just now. It is only common sense that I would pick up some mates along the way.
I am embarrassed by the current threads about me but at the same time grateful because it is helping me through a difficult time to have the support and warmth. I can see how other posters would be bored by it all though.
Absolute crap but not the worst you've ever posted!
Old Feb 16th 2010, 10:28 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Those are the good ones K, concern for you is evident. It isn't that kind of thing that some people object to.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 10:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Absolute crap but not the worst you've ever posted!
Accepted. why though?
Old Feb 16th 2010, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernbird
Those are the good ones K, concern for you is evident. It isn't that kind of thing that some people object to.
I can't begin to tell you how much it is appreciated or the positive effect it has on my current fragile state. I won't forget it in a hurry.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 10:53 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent post Ems

Many, many times on many forums you will see reference to cliques.

In most cases I think it is mistaken identity and too harsh a word for what are in fact friendship groups which have grown naturally through common goals, purpose and familiarity.

A clique to me implies a group of people who consider themselves a select band and exclude all others. I rarely see that on the forums but I do see strong friendship groups come and go.

You can if you so desire enter these groups but you will need to step forward and put a little effort in as is the case in real life.

Is that such a big deal? It's actually easier online due to your anonymity.

And if you disagree with someone and get jumped on a bit by their friends don't take it to heart. If you think you are right stand your ground............there will be others who agree with you too.

I really don't see these groups trying to exclude anyone. Speak to them by joining in you may be surprised.

=============

Now what are we going to do to sort out that clique Queensland bunch.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 11:01 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
thread hijacking is rude and not good forum etiquette. I object to this, not the banal, crude threads started separately because I just don't read anything started by the usual culprits, therefore it doesn't bug me.
aren't you hijacking this thread though NB? The title clearly says QLD Posters
Old Feb 16th 2010, 11:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Accepted. why though?
Because your threads are just the sort of thing the Barbie is for & not at all what people are complaining about, as NB has said.

Great posts by Bix & Ems
I remember feeling out of it when I first joined too & was seriously jumped on by some of the old hands for one or two posts I made.
I love it when I see the older members post, I miss loads of them but it comes & goes, like life, a series of cycles! Some you will want to ride & some you won't. Now remind me, is that life or men???
Old Feb 16th 2010, 11:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
aren't you hijacking this thread though NB? The title clearly says QLD Posters
Fair comment but i like NB so I've signed her in!!
Old Feb 16th 2010, 11:04 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Excellent post Ems

Many, many times on many forums you will see reference to cliques.

In most cases I think it is mistaken identity and too harsh a word for what are in fact friendship groups which have grown naturally through common goals, purpose and familiarity.

A clique to me implies a group of people who consider themselves a select band and exclude all others. I rarely see that on the forums but I do see strong friendship groups come and go.

You can if you so desire enter these groups but you will need to step forward and put a little effort in as is the case in real life.

Is that such a big deal? It's actually easier online due to your anonymity.

And if you disagree with someone and get jumped on a bit by their friends don't take it to heart. If you think you are right stand your ground............there will be others who agree with you too.

I really don't see these groups trying to exclude anyone. Speak to them by joining in you may be surprised.

=============

Now what are we going to do to sort out that clique Queensland bunch.
I do so hope I'm not one of the accused within the 'qld clique' - but I have a sneaky suspicion I am one of those in mind

I don't clique with anyone on here - least I don't think so. I get on very well with certain posters and I always speak to new posters too. There are some nasty posters though, I try to stay away from them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.