Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Qld Flooding - general chat and stuff.....

Qld Flooding - general chat and stuff.....

Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:18 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qld Flooding - general chat and stuff.....

Originally Posted by freebo
"Whats so unpleasant about being drunk"

"Ask a glass of water"

Night all, and good wishes.
A classic, pass the peanuts! G'night.

Originally Posted by Steve2009
We were talking about it at the dinner that there was no need for designated drivers because there will be no RBTs. It was in jest of course though and no one drove home drunk!
Jest, yes, of course ... it would surprise me if they were out there in scuba gear ... but seriously, again, the QPS Facebook page is a mighty fine way of updating people and credit where it is due.

Last edited by DeadVim; Jan 11th 2011 at 10:19 am. Reason: wouldn't wouldn't why wont my iThing edit this!!!!!
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:21 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blackouts Energex Ipswich 11pm tonight Brisbane CBD 7am tomorrow

Originally Posted by Kim67
Didn't check but I'm sure is would have been too outrageous for most BE'ers. We're usually just going to bed around that time in our house so maybe we'll sleep through all the power cuts. My husband will go stir crazy not being able to work, think the kids and I will spend the day in the tent.
He'll need a hobby, I'm building a billy kart for our sprog, get him onto it
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Its a myth, the power will NOT be going off in the CBD UNLESS there is major inundation of the CBD.

Standard disaster planning, only to be activated as a last resort. At the moment there are NO plans to cut the power (thats direct from our Energex contacts here.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its a myth, the power will NOT be going off in the CBD UNLESS there is major inundation of the CBD.

Standard disaster planning, only to be activated as a last resort. At the moment there are NO plans to cut the power (thats direct from our Energex contacts here.
Phew, don't have to get Deadvim over for a lesson in billy cart assembly.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:28 am
Mostly Harmless

I got that from the QPS site ... seemed pukka ... who is to be believed?

Phew, don't have to get Deadvim over for a lesson in billy cart assembly.
Probably best for the safety of all concerned
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Yes - he once tried to get rid of a March Fly from his leg whilst pruning a tree when we lived on acreage - trouble was he had the pruning saw in his hand when he did it and cut a very deep gash in his leg......however it was NYE so I taped it together for him (was at least 20km to the nearest doctor) and he downed a few beers and he was fine.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I got that from the QPS site ... seemed pukka ... who is to be believed?

Believe who you like but the Energex State rep has just told us

We currently have 8 phones being answered here on the same query. Standard disaster planning is that with major inundation the power has to be cut, but unless and until that happens, there WILL be power in the CBD. If it is to be cut it will be done gradually, tomorrow, and there will be prior notice. At present there are NO plans to cut it.

And the Police have followed up,,.......http://www.facebook.com/QueenslandPo...eenslandPolice - Mythbuster 11
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:37 am
Mostly Harmless

Yes - he once tried to get rid of a March Fly from his leg whilst pruning a tree when we lived on acreage - trouble was he had the pruning saw in his hand when he did it and cut a very deep gash in his leg......however it was NYE so I taped it together for him (was at least 20km to the nearest doctor) and he downed a few beers and he was fine.
Sounds like my kind of character ... I sliced 4 fingers of my right hand open last year and swore by the antiseptic properties of Scotch ... a shame my pinky cannot bend properly anymore but alcohol is obviously not the answer to all life's ills
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:41 am
Mostly Harmless

Believe who you like but the Energex State rep has just told us

We currently have 8 phones being answered here on the same query. Standard disaster planning is that with major inundation the power has to be cut, but unless and until that happens, there WILL be power in the CBD. If it is to be cut it will be done gradually, tomorrow, and there will be prior notice. At present there are NO plans to cut it.

And the Police have followed up,,.......http://www.facebook.com/QueenslandPo...eenslandPolice - Mythbuster 11
Cool, top work Polly as usual ... the perils of parroting rolling news ... Polly ... Parrot ... Geddit?

Oh, and I would just like to say that I am ••••ing glad it isn't raining here at the moment <basil on> Thank you God!<basil off>
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:05 am
Mostly Harmless

QPS posted that power to Ipswich CBD will be cut tonight ... no idea how accurate this is but repeating it here just in case
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

He'll need a hobby, I'm building a billy kart for our sprog, get him onto it
Do you not need a Billy Boat?

Didn't check but I'm sure is would have been too outrageous for most BE'ers. We're usually just going to bed around that time in our house so maybe we'll sleep through all the power cuts. My husband will go stir crazy not being able to work, think the kids and I will spend the day in the tent.
At least if the rain eases you won't have to sleep through Thunder.

They forgot to tell the Courier Mail it's a fib

Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Cool, top work Polly as usual ... the perils of parroting rolling news ... Polly ... Parrot ... Geddit?

Oh, and I would just like to say that I am ••••ing glad it isn't raining here at the moment <basil on> Thank you God!<basil off>
Sounds like a Monty Python sketch... I didn't parrot I plagerised...

and the next fib maps of areas likely to flood

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1225985228833
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:19 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
'If it's not a necessary trip, don't make it'. I'd most certainly cancel the meeting. I wouldn't want to land at Brissie on Thursday and then head into the CBD. It can't be that vital surely
I though Brissy airport is shut anyway? Stay safe everyone x
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hevs
Last I read they said it would stay open throughout they thought. To bring more people in who have to stay off the roads or can't get home or where they are going...
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:26 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by hevs
Airport was business as usual last time I checked, OH flew in today and reported snacks were overpriced as usual

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.