Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

QLD Bunnings - Get a Jab with your Snag

QLD Bunnings - Get a Jab with your Snag

Old Oct 12th 2021, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute
Default QLD Bunnings - Get a Jab with your Snag

Bunnings stores in QLD are going to start hosting vaccination clinics. What a great idea

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said from Saturday, vaccine clinics would come to Bunnings.

“More than two dozen sites have been identified across the state, so families can get their Bunnings sausage and a dose of the vaccine,” she said.

The pop-up vaccination clinics will be at Bunnings stores from Saturday in Browns Plains, Morayfield, Brendale, Bethania, Mt Gravatt, Stafford, North Lakes, Maryborough, Bundaberg, Hervey Bay, Dalby, Smithfield (Cairns), Fairfield Waters (Townsville), Townsville, Townsville North, Mackay North, Paget (Mackay), Airlie Beach, Kingaroy, Gladstone, Rockhampton, Yeppoon and Gympie.
That's it, you can say goodbye to getting a park on a Saturday morning
Old Oct 16th 2021, 12:34 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QLD Bunnings - Get a Jab with your Snag

The more they push it the more I will push against … **** That Shit.
Old Oct 16th 2021, 12:45 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I am not kidding when I think this is a battle between Good and Evil …
Old Oct 16th 2021, 12:53 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Me too mate, except our definitions of Good and Evil in this context are polar opposites.

Anyway, that aside, how are you getting on? Still enjoying semi-rural Qld? You'd be heading into your rainy season now, do you grow veggies or fruit? I'm going to have a go with tomatoes this year, that's about all I have space for
Old Oct 16th 2021, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute

Totally your prerogative

Welcome back by the way.
Old Oct 18th 2021, 12:13 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

The more they push it the more I will push against … **** That Shit.
I know they are not good for you, but the odd snag now and again won't hurt
Old Oct 23rd 2021, 2:22 pm
Mostly Harmless

Smile Re: QLD Bunnings - Get a Jab with your Snag

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Me too mate, except our definitions of Good and Evil in this context are polar opposites.

Anyway, that aside, how are you getting on? Still enjoying semi-rural Qld? You'd be heading into your rainy season now, do you grow veggies or fruit? I'm going to have a go with tomatoes this year, that's about all I have space for
We are going well but wary of a wet season ahead given we are flood prone and a lot of tree clearance locally greatly changing the risks of being in some kind of emergency situation.

Essentially property developers don’t give a flying F about the impacts of their actions as long they can sell lots.

(edit) We have a quite well developed veggie patch … tomatoes, kale, sweet potatoes, carrots, strawberries and chillies.

Beats the hell out of living in a flat In the UK anyway 😉

Last edited by DeadVim; Oct 23rd 2021 at 2:37 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2021, 2:24 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Brisbannite
Totally your prerogative

Welcome back by the way.
I’ve never considered myself “away” But I appreciate your sentiment.
Old Oct 23rd 2021, 2:42 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by themerlin
I know they are not good for you, but the odd snag now and again won't hurt
I aim to be the last person in QLD to resist “The Jab” … it will be interesting how they plan to force me to comply.
Old Oct 23rd 2021, 5:04 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

We are going well but wary of a wet season ahead given we are flood prone and a lot of tree clearance locally greatly changing the risks of being in some kind of emergency situation.

Essentially property developers don’t give a flying F about the impacts of their actions as long they can sell lots.

(edit) We have a quite well developed veggie patch … tomatoes, kale, sweet potatoes, carrots, strawberries and chillies.

Good to hear that you and the family are doing well Totally agree about the insanity of chopping down every tree in sight (or on site), as developers tend to do. I know that people need somewhere to live, but a bit of foresight and planning could see so many trees retained. I guess it comes down to your local Council's planning/development policy?

Your veggie patch sound mega! Nothing tastes as good as something you've grown yourself, plus you know it hasn't been grown with the 'help' of nasties. No room at my place for much, but we're looking forward to the tomatoes. I'm part of a community group and some members on bigger lots grow fruit and veg and offer the excess for free.

Don't mention flats in the UK! We saw 100,000 pounds of our retirement funds disappear into a 'off the plan' development that never eventuated. It wasn't an investment, it was going to be our home
Old Oct 23rd 2021, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Retirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond repute

Mate anything is better than existing in the U.K!
Old Oct 24th 2021, 10:52 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Very true. We are living next door to this right now. What was once paddocks and one home is now pegged to be 8 houses.
Old Oct 25th 2021, 5:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Very true. We are living next door to this right now. What was once paddocks and one home is now pegged to be 8 houses.
No! Thats disgraceful, your place was beautiful and peaceful
Old Oct 25th 2021, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
Same thing in this part of Queensland, so many greenfield sites getting grubbed up and trees ripped out, the habitat loss is very sad and its a tragedy for biodiversity. I will only grow native plants now, most of which I get from local volunteer run nurseries The speed of development seems to have gotten worse since Covid too .

Last edited by Brisbannite; Oct 25th 2021 at 7:18 am.
Old Oct 27th 2021, 2:39 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Good to hear that you and the family are doing well Totally agree about the insanity of chopping down every tree in sight (or on site), as developers tend to do. I know that people need somewhere to live, but a bit of foresight and planning could see so many trees retained. I guess it comes down to your local Council's planning/development policy?

Your veggie patch sound mega! Nothing tastes as good as something you've grown yourself, plus you know it hasn't been grown with the 'help' of nasties. No room at my place for much, but we're looking forward to the tomatoes. I'm part of a community group and some members on bigger lots grow fruit and veg and offer the excess for free.

Don't mention flats in the UK! We saw 100,000 pounds of our retirement funds disappear into a 'off the plan' development that never eventuated. It wasn't an investment, it was going to be our home
Home grown veggies and the chooks keeping us going is a great thing for sure.

Somehow we got lucky and a random fox took our obnoxiously loud and unproductive rooster recently so that was good 😊 Egg production is on the up.

It would be a shame to walk away from all this due to the ongoing COVID BS but I don’t rule it out in the medium term.

My get outs are back to the UK or make a run for Texas where they seem to be on a less George Orwellian trajectory.

F the Jab.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.