Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

QLD Bunnings - Get a Jab with your Snag

QLD Bunnings - Get a Jab with your Snag

Old Oct 27th 2021, 4:51 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QLD Bunnings - Get a Jab with your Snag

Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
Home grown veggies and the chooks keeping us going is a great thing for sure.

Somehow we got lucky and a random fox took our obnoxiously loud and unproductive rooster recently so that was good 😊 Egg production is on the up.

It would be a shame to walk away from all this due to the ongoing COVID BS but I don’t rule it out in the medium term.

My get outs are back to the UK or make a run for Texas where they seem to be on a less George Orwellian trajectory.

F the Jab.

You will not be able to enter the US without being vaccinated, unless you are a US citizen or Permanent Resident.
Old Oct 28th 2021, 1:45 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
You will not be able to enter the US without being vaccinated, unless you are a US citizen or Permanent Resident.
I can swim. Will work on this.
Old Oct 31st 2021, 10:52 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Somehow we got lucky and a random fox took our obnoxiously loud and unproductive rooster recently
Roosters don't lay eggs mate
Unless it's woke
Old Dec 21st 2021, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

rabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond repute

I am not kidding when I think this is a battle between Good and Evil …
I agree. Although a lot don't see it that way but most of those same now are very disappointed that they have been lied to all along (hence the huge protests in Brisbane that you don't get to read about in the papers).

It won't stop with jabs of course, this is about implementing a digital ID and turning the western world into a model of China.
Old Dec 21st 2021, 8:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabble_rouser View Post
I agree. Although a lot don't see it that way but most of those same now are very disappointed that they have been lied to all along (hence the huge protests in Brisbane that you don't get to read about in the papers).

It won't stop with jabs of course, this is about implementing a digital ID and turning the western world into a model of China.
I saw my needle go in the bin. It didn't have my name on it nor my serial number. DNA collection was pretty slim in my view.

I would be more concerned about the government run PCR test. It has your DNA on it. Rapid Antigen testing all the way for me.

Can't say I enjoyed being at the mercy of NSW health when a member of our family had it.

The good news is, governments are too dis-organised and lack in enough clever overhead to be able to control the population through a jab.
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 4:40 am

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I
this is about implementing a digital ID and turning the western world into a model of China.
I would be more concerned about facebook doing that.
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

rabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin View Post
I would be more concerned about facebook doing that.
No doubt corp are already selling this idea to the gov. No need for anything fancy, its just a tarted up QR scanning app on your phone,
that tells you what to do. The services start out with basic isolation and checking in functionality then gradually one by one "features" get added such as only being able to buy if you have been a good citizen, etc.
I mean, this is what they already have in China so we know its possible and could happen anywhere in the west.
I do wonder if your average Australian would object to this at all. Possibly not.
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
I saw my needle go in the bin. It didn't have my name on it nor my serial number. DNA collection was pretty slim in my view.

I would be more concerned about the government run PCR test. It has your DNA on it. Rapid Antigen testing all the way for me.

Can't say I enjoyed being at the mercy of NSW health when a member of our family had it.

The good news is, governments are too dis-organised and lack in enough clever overhead to be able to control the population through a jab.
Its far more simple than that. No need for DNA. Just a phone app that tells you what to do.
The jab is just one step of gaining acceptance, it justifies the necessity. Sorting the compliant from the non compliant.
People used to think checking was going away, but I had my doubts. They will double down and extend the role of the QR app.
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Good to hear that you and the family are doing well Totally agree about the insanity of chopping down every tree in sight (or on site), as developers tend to do. I know that people need somewhere to live, but a bit of foresight and planning could see so many trees retained. I guess it comes down to your local Council's planning/development policy?

Your veggie patch sound mega! Nothing tastes as good as something you've grown yourself, plus you know it hasn't been grown with the 'help' of nasties. No room at my place for much, but we're looking forward to the tomatoes. I'm part of a community group and some members on bigger lots grow fruit and veg and offer the excess for free.

Don't mention flats in the UK! We saw 100,000 pounds of our retirement funds disappear into a 'off the plan' development that never eventuated. It wasn't an investment, it was going to be our home
That happened to us but In Queensland’s I could still cry when I think about it.
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Very true. We are living next door to this right now. What was once paddocks and one home is now pegged to be 8 houses.
That happened to us twice in Perth in the end we moved opposite a park so at least we had a view an some forna and flora
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Its far more simple than that. No need for DNA. Just a phone app that tells you what to do.
The jab is just one step of gaining acceptance, it justifies the necessity. Sorting the compliant from the non compliant.
People used to think checking was going away, but I had my doubts. They will double down and extend the role of the QR app.
QR check in? Oh I remember those. Do you still have them in Queensland? Long gone here in Sydney.
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by Beoz View Post
QR check in? Oh I remember those. Do you still have them in Queensland? Long gone here in Sydney.
That didn't age well
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-...d-19/100721084
Old Dec 22nd 2021, 9:43 pm

No doubt corp are already selling this idea to the gov. No need for anything fancy, its just a tarted up QR scanning app on your phone,
that tells you what to do.
If you ever look at the map time line in Android you can see they (Google) have been doing this for a long time with the need of QR codes.
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by themerlin View Post
If some people can't make some connections I don't know what will. We are on this merry go round.
I am curious how "normal" people in Australia view all of this.
I think for once the general public in the UK is actually more awakened to all the corruption, politics and power grabbing going on.
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 6:54 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

If some people can't make some connections ......
Perhaps you should enlighten us all with what you think is happening.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.