Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Qantas Business Class - what's it like?

Qantas Business Class - what's it like?

Old Sep 27th 2009, 12:27 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qantas Business Class - what's it like?

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Surely that would eat into the fishin' boatin' and bettin' fund?
It's a big fund
Old Sep 27th 2009, 12:42 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I recently flew in BA Club World to Bangkok and back. That is a great, proper flat bed seat. As others have said, some seats are 'angled lie flat' which a lot of people do report sliding down. I've also sat in Singapore's new superwide business seats a la A380 and to be honest I don't understand those at all. Why so wide? The seat has 2 armrests, you can only ever use one of them!

Qantas A380 does have 'flat flat beds' they 747 still has the Skyslopes. A QF code share operated by BA would be a good choice.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 1:14 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Exactly as said in the thread title; Qantas Business Class, what's it like?
Singaporean economy
Old Sep 27th 2009, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
It's a big fund
Knew you'd say that!
Old Sep 27th 2009, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

twizzle is a jewel in the roughtwizzle is a jewel in the roughtwizzle is a jewel in the roughtwizzle is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Grayling
My FIL recently flew here on Business class with Cathay and that did not have flat beds either.

It depends on the plane not necessarily the carrier.

G
Some carriers do guarantee it as that is their business product, so best to check if the carrier you're choosing does it. eg, BA has flat seats in all longhaul business class, doesn't depend on the plane at all there. Qantas hasn't converted all their planes to a standard business cabin so you may get new you may get old. I guess maybe the same with Cathay then
Old Sep 27th 2009, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

twizzle is a jewel in the roughtwizzle is a jewel in the roughtwizzle is a jewel in the roughtwizzle is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Hebe
My understanding is that all Qantas planes that leave London on long haul to Asia have flat beds or should I say angled flat beds.
My mates who fly regularly between London & Singapore would disagree. Some of them really complain as their company has a directive for them to fly Qantas & they've not managed to get a decent business seat on QF except when they've managed to get a BA codeshare flight & it's operated by BA instead.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 1:02 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Knew you'd say that!
Cool, I flew Singapore in 2003 when I last visited Oz and was more than happy in my wee common as muck seat lol
Old Sep 27th 2009, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

We flew out in June business with Cathay...1st leg should have been on the flat beds but plane was changed so old style angled beds..though in the end that was better for us because the flat seats on Cathay are like little cocoons...not ideal when travelling with kids!

Last edited by desperatehousewife; Sep 27th 2009 at 2:33 pm. Reason: when i read that it sounded wrong!
Old Sep 28th 2009, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

steve_chal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
We flew out in June business with Cathay...1st leg should have been on the flat beds but plane was changed so old style angled beds..though in the end that was better for us because the flat seats on Cathay are like little cocoons...not ideal when travelling with kids!
I have flown Virgin to Oz a few times in their Upper Class (Business Class) and they have all flat beds on their fleet. Definately worth it.