Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Qantas Business Class - what's it like?

Qantas Business Class - what's it like?

Old Sep 26th 2009, 8:26 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Qantas Business Class - what's it like?

Exactly as said in the thread title; Qantas Business Class, what's it like?
Old Sep 26th 2009, 8:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qantas Business Class - what's it like?

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Exactly as said in the thread title; Qantas Business Class, what's it like?

My bro came out last september business class, it sounded ( and looked, by the photos ) quite average compared to my experience with singapore airlines BC.

I know he wasnt impressed, but with Qantas is it going to be one of their new planes, or the 1980's style piece of scrap I got on the BNE to LA route last year
Old Sep 26th 2009, 9:16 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
My bro came out last september business class, it sounded ( and looked, by the photos ) quite average compared to my experience with singapore airlines BC.

I know he wasnt impressed, but with Qantas is it going to be one of their new planes, or the 1980's style piece of scrap I got on the BNE to LA route last year
lol ta....
Old Sep 26th 2009, 9:50 pm
can't lose the tie

mecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to all

I've flown Qantas business class and it's nothing that special to be honest. The seats don't orientate horizontal like a bed, unlike on Singapore airlines. It's comfortable, as one would expect, and the food is decent but personally, I think paying business class is a waste of money. I've only ever flown when work has paid for it and wouldn't do it if it was my own money. I have colleagues who say Virgin Atlantic upper class is fantastic and by far the best of most of the airlines. I've never flown Virgin so can't verify that.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

IMO worth the money - Qantas domestic business class is just a a larger seat with a bit more room but International (the ones I have taken) have all been flat bed. Shop around as there are always offers.

Interestingly I have just looked at the 2009 Airline awards and Etihad won best BC and Cathay Pacific best airline - you can usually get good deals on both of these

Last edited by Hebe; Sep 26th 2009 at 9:59 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 9:57 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by mecheng
I've flown Qantas business class and it's nothing that special to be honest. The seats don't orientate horizontal like a bed, unlike on Singapore airlines. It's comfortable, as one would expect, and the food is decent but personally, I think paying business class is a waste of money. I've only ever flown when work has paid for it and wouldn't do it if it was my own money. I have colleagues who say Virgin Atlantic upper class is fantastic and by far the best of most of the airlines. I've never flown Virgin so can't verify that.
We wouldn't be paying...our sponsor would...
Old Sep 26th 2009, 10:00 pm
can't lose the tie

mecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
We wouldn't be paying...our sponsor would...
Then enjoy yourself Jen!
Old Sep 26th 2009, 10:02 pm
can't lose the tie

Originally Posted by Hebe
Interestingly I have just looked at the 2009 Airline awards and Etihad won best BC and Cathay Pacific best airline - you can usually get good deals on both of these
My friends tell me that transit through Abu Dhabi airport is a nightmare so I would skip Etihad.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

twizzle is a jewel in the roughtwizzle is a jewel in the roughtwizzle is a jewel in the roughtwizzle is a jewel in the rough

Generally QF business class is not as good as most of its rivals on longhaul. From the UK, you can get flat bed business on most rival carriers, Cathay, Singapore, Emirates, BA etc. QF business can be 'old style' bucket seats (that won't do flat bed) if you don't get a sparkly new A380.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 11:32 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Qantas do have flat beds in business class....I suppose it depends on the plane.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

twizzle is a jewel in the roughtwizzle is a jewel in the roughtwizzle is a jewel in the roughtwizzle is a jewel in the rough

It does depend on the plane, that's why I used 'generally'.
Trouble is, if you're paying for business expecting a flat bed, you can't be guaranteed of it with Qantas, whereas you can with other airlines where it is their standard product. If I was choosing, I'd be making sure to get a flight where I was definitely going to get it, not depending on the aircraft the airline chooses to use that night
Old Sep 26th 2009, 11:40 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twizzle
Trouble is, if you're paying for business expecting a flat bed, you can't be guaranteed of it with Qantas, whereas you can with other airlines where it is their standard product. If I was choosing, I'd be making sure to get a flight where I was definitely going to get it, not depending on the aircraft the airline chooses to use that night
My FIL recently flew here on Business class with Cathay and that did not have flat beds either.

It depends on the plane not necessarily the carrier.

G
Old Sep 26th 2009, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twizzle

My understanding is that all Qantas planes that leave London on long haul to Asia have flat beds or should I say angled flat beds.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 12:25 am
K14
Forum Regular

K14 will become famous soon enoughK14 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Hebe
My understanding is that all Qantas planes that leave London on long haul to Asia have flat beds or should I say angled flat beds.
Hi

We flew out to Perth last year in Qantas Business with our kids. I think the flight to Singapore the seats were a bit newer and nicer than on the 2nd leg to Perth.

I'm not sure if any airlines do completely flat seats (I think we flew with BA once and they did) but the Qantas ones were angled slightly and really annoying as I kept slipping down the bed - I couldn't sleep very well (well I know you don't really on a plane ).

I'm not keen on Qantas as we've also flown economy with them and I think their customer service is awful. If we return to the UK we should be able to book business class again and I won't be booking with Qantas.

If you're set on Qantas you could get a flight where they code share with BA - so you get the BA plane for the longer leg of the journey.

Old Sep 27th 2009, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
My FIL recently flew here on Business class with Cathay and that did not have flat beds either.

It depends on the plane not necessarily the carrier.

G
Surely that would eat into the fishin' boatin' and bettin' fund?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.