Pool filters?

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:33 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pool filters?

Anybody had a cartridge filter and changed to sand? I am contemplating this as my cartridge filters are not up to our leafy pool.
I don't want to cut the trees down by the way, our possums live there.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

showdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really nice
Default Re: Pool filters?

Doesn't your skimmer box basket catch your leaves?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 2:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by showdan
Doesn't your skimmer box basket catch your leaves?
It does if I empty that and the leaf eater 3 times a day. The filters are meant to last 18 months but mines are stuffed after 6 and I'm over spending 300 bucks every six months and even more over cleaning the filters 3 times a week. It's doing my head in. They lose suction when the pressure goes and the kreepy stops...
I thought the sand would be less work?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
It does if I empty that and the leaf eater 3 times a day. The filters are meant to last 18 months but mines are stuffed after 6 and I'm over spending 300 bucks every six months and even more over cleaning the filters 3 times a week. It's doing my head in. They lose suction when the pressure goes and the kreepy stops...
I thought the sand would be less work?
Is your pool not worth the graft?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spartacus
Is your pool not worth the graft?
Yes but I would prefer to create more loafing opportunites if at all possible. It's Un-Australian not to.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but I would prefer to create more loafing opportunites if at all possible. It's Un-Australian not to.
How very patriotic.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spartacus
How very patriotic.
I will have the Southern Cross tatooed on my butt beside the Saltire.

If I can be bothered.....
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:27 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

I used to have a cartirdge filter and it was a complete pain.
Since changing to sand I couldnt be happier.

just do it..... its SOOO much easier.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DadAgain
I used to have a cartirdge filter and it was a complete pain.
Since changing to sand I couldnt be happier.

just do it..... its SOOO much easier.
Ta! Should be getting a quote sometime this avvo...
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:24 am
ABCDiamond

Ta! Should be getting a quote sometime this avvo...
Let me know how much you are looking at, I am considering the same...

Cartridge filters are too much work....

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:03 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Get a filter with Zeobrite as an alternative to sand. Apparently it cleans the water better and requires less backwashing. I recently replaced our 25yo old system that had packed with a new Hayward (?) pump, motor and filter setup. It cost about $1700 installed (required a lot of work).

New setup works very well.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Get a filter with Zeobrite as an alternative to sand. Apparently it cleans the water better and requires less backwashing. I recently replaced our 25yo old system that had packed with a new Hayward (?) pump, motor and filter setup. It cost about $1700 installed (required a lot of work).

New setup works very well.
Always wondered, as I have a sandfilter. What the hell is the 'Backwash' setting. I've never used it, I assumed it was for when your pool was overflowing from rain.

Does it rinse the sand or something?

JTL
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 10:15 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Always wondered, as I have a sandfilter. What the hell is the 'Backwash' setting. I've never used it, I assumed it was for when your pool was overflowing from rain.

Does it rinse the sand or something?

JTL
You've never backwashed your pool?! Yes, it cleans the sand - you should do it regularly.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 10:02 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I fail to see how changing to a sand filter would have any effect on leaves clogging the thing up.

I've never had a sand filter but cartridge ones are dead easy to keep clean - snap off the cover and hose them down - all of a minute's work. No sand conditioning, backwashing, juggling valves.........
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 11:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wol
I fail to see how changing to a sand filter would have any effect on leaves clogging the thing up.

I've never had a sand filter but cartridge ones are dead easy to keep clean - snap off the cover and hose them down - all of a minute's work. No sand conditioning, backwashing, juggling valves.........
The pressure drops very quickly on cartridge. Do you have to clean yours 3-4 times a week? And buy new ones every 4-6 months?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.