Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Please make sure you've posted your UK mail

Please make sure you've posted your UK mail

Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please make sure you've posted your UK mail

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Any idea whats happening in Queensland Polly.... I know NSW didnt have the same kind of action as Vic and Tassie.

Still got any old post acquaintance's ?

I wont be in contact with anyone from the union now until 11.30pm ish on Thursday.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Dec 15th 2009 at 2:14 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Any idea whats happening in Queensland Polly.... I know NSW didnt have the same kind of action as Vic and Tassie.

Still got any old post acquaintance's ?

I wont be in contact with anyone from the union now until 11.30pm ish on Thursday.
Naaa, lost touch with anyone there long ago. My mail is still turning up at the moment, and there's didly squat in the papers. We haven't had any notice through work of delays to mail either, which is where I'd expect to hear from. If we get anything I'll post it.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 8:47 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly no mention being made at my local Aus Post (yesterday anyway) and got mail today. Hope the guys who got run over were ok.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 4:31 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...70-952,00.html

Mail deliveries will be delayed for at least 24 hours after 2000 Australia Post workers went on strike in southeast Queensland yesterday in a pay dispute.
Another 2000 regional workers were expected to walk off the job from midnight, with the Communications, Electrical and Plumbing Union warning mail services would deteriorate further with strike action likely to continue at least until the end of the week.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...70-952,00.html

Mail deliveries will be delayed for at least 24 hours after 2000 Australia Post workers went on strike in southeast Queensland yesterday in a pay dispute.
Another 2000 regional workers were expected to walk off the job from midnight, with the Communications, Electrical and Plumbing Union warning mail services would deteriorate further with strike action likely to continue at least until the end of the week.

Fair Work Australia has ordered the union to return to work.

So for now the strike is off again.

Nothing has been resolved yet.

There have been a lot of Incidents in Melbourne over the last 24hours... people getting thumped, ending up under trucks etc etc. They used Helicopters to shift mail out of Dandenong yesterday. So there must have been something very important in amongst that.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 9:12 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Have to say I haven't noticed any disruption to the mail service in Melbourne. That's not to say there isn't stuff being held up that I'm not aware of, but things I have been expecting at home & work have been arriving as normal and when I would've expected to get them, in some cases quicker!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 9:23 am
Home and Happy

Fair Work Australia has ordered the union to return to work.

So for now the strike is off again.

Nothing has been resolved yet.

There have been a lot of Incidents in Melbourne over the last 24hours... people getting thumped, ending up under trucks etc etc. They used Helicopters to shift mail out of Dandenong yesterday. So there must have been something very important in amongst that.
Probably the Christmas Bonus for a bunch of politicians (she said cynically!)

I'm guessing its likely to flare up again if nothing has been resolved........

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 16th 2009 at 9:26 am.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bcworld
Have to say I haven't noticed any disruption to the mail service in Melbourne. That's not to say there isn't stuff being held up that I'm not aware of, but things I have been expecting at home & work have been arriving as normal and when I would've expected to get them, in some cases quicker!
I'll be very surprised if you recieved any mail Yesterday or Today.

Out of 140 posties at Preston only 24 turned up. Same Ratio at Airport West, Somerton and Bundoora.

The only available mail to deliver was RACV Magazine that were already at the Depots and missorted mail from other delivery centres that a very few Non Striking drivers or managers brought as interchange. I was told that absolutley no Express Mail got through. Which is highly unusual... never happened before. BTW if you were expected a Express Package overnight you can claim the price of the Postage back.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

As from now, the Postal service is in total disarray.
Is this only "over in the East"???

Not heard anything about posties on strike here in WA. We are getting post every day as normal.

There has been nothing in the TV news. Was in the post office yestereday - nothing there either about it.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
Is this only "over in the East"???

Not heard anything about posties on strike here in WA. We are getting post every day as normal.

There has been nothing in the TV news. Was in the post office yestereday - nothing there either about it.

Perth/WA rarely figures in these disputes, which is odd as on a pro rata basis their wages are the lowest compared to those around them. Lack of other job opportunities probably keeping them scared. ?

Just means Interstate mail will be delayed for you for a couple days.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 8:46 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be very surprised if you recieved any mail Yesterday or Today.
Mail waiting in the mailbox when I got home today...nothing yesterday though.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bcworld
Mail waiting in the mailbox when I got home today...nothing yesterday though.
Could be a strike next week... I'm not so sure about this ones validity for want of a better word.

They are going for Xmas Eve... not very nice at all. I may have to think long and hard about that one.

Although to counter that... everyone that went on strike was penalised... they called everyone who didnt strike early in early for lucrative pre-shift overtime @ 45 bucks per hour.... over those that have never caused a problem before but wouldnt cross a picket line.

They could have called everyone in if they were fair dinkum about clearing the mail backlog. Plus it would smooth the waters.

Consequently all fulltimers left at their scheduled times today at our DC, with lots of work left to be sorted and delivered.... which is an OT ban.

On it goes.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Dec 17th 2009 at 5:49 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 7:20 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

According to the Channel 10 morning news on Friday, some git has been found dumping the mail he had into the rubbish.......:curse:
Old Dec 19th 2009, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just been advised by mass SMS to all union members that there is a Mass Stop work meeting at Trades hall council here in Vic at 1pm on the 23rd December.

Other action like overtime bans, stays in place on a voluntary basis, but covered by Fair work Aus rules..

Basically thats a 2nd strike day..... albeit for only part of the day.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 1:49 pm
Home and Happy

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...21/2777420.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.