Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Plans, they dont always go to plan :)

Plans, they dont always go to plan :)

Old Jan 13th 2012, 8:34 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plans, they dont always go to plan :)

Thanks very much, i appreciate that.

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Good luck with that lot. !

Seriously, I hope it turns out to be all you want it to be.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Good lucjk Chris. Where are you going to be heading to in England? Can i ask by the way what the total cost of sending the dog is?
Old Jan 14th 2012, 7:58 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much.
We are looking at Somerset or maybe Wiltshire but more than likely the former.
It will be $3200 all up, including all customs clearance both ends, being taken to the airport and a few days in a kennel both ends. My wife would leave me here before leaving the dog

Originally Posted by verystormy
Good lucjk Chris. Where are you going to be heading to in England? Can i ask by the way what the total cost of sending the dog is?
Old Jan 14th 2012, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Chris. Its around what i thought. We are also looking at Sommerset. Also looking at Kent and Cornwall and things. Do you have to have kennels? We were planning on just taking him to the airport and picking him up at the other end which is what we did moving from Sydney to Perth.

I know what you mean about the wife. I work away 6 weeks at a time which is fine, but when the wife went on holiday to Bali by herself she came home after 4 days because she missed him too much!
Old Jan 14th 2012, 8:37 am
Banned

We both really like Somerset, my wife is from Bath so she would like to be somewhere around there. No you don't have to use the kennel, for us it is for convenience really, we are stopping in Singapore for 4 or 5 days so it just makes it easier for us.
I have suggested a couple of times we would be saving a bit of money by the leaving the dog here, she didn't see the funny side

Originally Posted by verystormy
Thanks for that Chris. Its around what i thought. We are also looking at Sommerset. Also looking at Kent and Cornwall and things. Do you have to have kennels? We were planning on just taking him to the airport and picking him up at the other end which is what we did moving from Sydney to Perth.

I know what you mean about the wife. I work away 6 weeks at a time which is fine, but when the wife went on holiday to Bali by herself she came home after 4 days because she missed him too much!
Old Jan 14th 2012, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the move back all the best with it all
Old Jan 14th 2012, 11:07 am
Banned

Thanks very much.

Originally Posted by LINZI
Good luck with the move back all the best with it all
Old Jan 14th 2012, 7:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

You are going to a lovely area of the UK- being a Wiltshire girl myself, I might be biased. Watch out for the horrendous traffic and inability to park in and around Bath though.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 8:02 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
You are going to a lovely area of the UK- being a Wiltshire girl myself, I might be biased. Watch out for the horrendous traffic and inability to park in and around Bath though.
I lived in Bristol for nearly 10yrs and I think I went to Bath once !
Old Jan 14th 2012, 8:39 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

So that's what the smell is.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 8:40 pm
Banned

Yes it is a beautiful area, I myself spent around 15 years in the region on and off. Yes the traffic is a nightmare in Bath, popularity can be a curse. We always used to use the excellent Park and Ride when we went in.

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Old Jan 14th 2012, 8:41 pm
Banned

I was born in Bristol, it's one of those places with some really nice areas and some really not very nice areas. We lived in the really nice area.

Old Jan 14th 2012, 8:44 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
I was born in Bristol, it's one of those places with some really nice areas and some really not very nice areas. We lived in the really nice area.
So do you still have that really shite accent ??
Old Jan 14th 2012, 8:46 pm
Banned

It can be a horrible accent but I was only 18 months old when we came to Australia so never picked it up. I have been told I have a 'global accent', I quite like that.

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
So do you still have that really shite accent ??
Old Jan 14th 2012, 8:49 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
So that's what the smell is.
Come on mate... don't be like that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.