Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

'Ping Pong Poms' Sunday Night Channel 7

'Ping Pong Poms' Sunday Night Channel 7

Old Jul 12th 2012, 10:11 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Ping Pong Poms' Sunday Night Channel 7

Originally Posted by chris955
Now you are just being silly, you'll be saying Aussies dont whinge next
you're correct. you are a shining example of an aussie-grown whingeing pom.
Old Jul 12th 2012, 1:02 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I was taught by the experts.

Originally Posted by commonwealth
you're correct. you are a shining example of an aussie-grown whingeing pom.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 8:18 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by earlybird
Judging by this preview I don't think this will help Anglo/Australian relations.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-nigh...poms/25997470/

There was a longer version shown on TV
On in ten mins....
Old Jul 15th 2012, 8:23 am
Living in the mountains

earlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to all

I am sure a few stereotypes will be trotted out. Mind you some of the things said I have seen said on here but also see as many positive comments. I wonder if they will show that side. I seriously doubt it.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 8:34 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

I've just seen the trailer for this. Looks like some top quality television journalism.

Originally Posted by earlybird
I am sure a few stereotypes will be trotted out. Mind you some of the things said I have seen said on here but also see as many positive comments. I wonder if they will show that side. I seriously doubt it.
I imagine the balance will be something along the lines of "of course, not all Poms are ungrateful, whiney, moaning, nasal douchebags, but here's 20 minutes of footage of ungrateful, whiney, moaning, nasal douchebags..."

Originally Posted by commonwealth
who the hell still watches australian tv programs? give me american shows anytime!
Were you interviewed for the segment?
Old Jul 15th 2012, 8:56 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

HORRIFIC LOL
Old Jul 15th 2012, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

Just watched it, best comedy moment I have ever seen on Aussie tv!!
Old Jul 15th 2012, 10:51 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

i thought the show was pointless. if your a ping pong you are bound to justify why you are returning. you wont get anyone saying they are leaving because they love it here. cheap telly!!!

who wants to watch people on telly being happy? nah, its always much better to watch others making an arse of themselves. I bet these poor people were interviewed for hours and this is what you get to see. another family stitched up by the telly!! take it as a lesson expats, if anyone come calling asking you to be on the telly? tell them where to go!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 15th 2012, 11:40 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
i thought the show was pointless. if your a ping pong you are bound to justify why you are returning. you wont get anyone saying they are leaving because they love it here. cheap telly!!!

who wants to watch people on telly being happy? nah, its always much better to watch others making an arse of themselves. I bet these poor people were interviewed for hours and this is what you get to see. another family stitched up by the telly!! take it as a lesson expats, if anyone come calling asking you to be on the telly? tell them where to go!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1

I wonder if the victims are fellow BE-ers... .
Old Jul 15th 2012, 12:02 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm...if only they could get a whingeing pingpong Pom who claims benefits while on a dodgy workers comp claim while working as a shonk roofer ripping off grannies when installing taxpayer-funded pink batts, then they'd have a tabloid news clean sweep.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 12:04 pm
Living in the mountains

earlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
Hmmm...if only they could get a whingeing pingpong Pom who claims benefits while on a dodgy workers comp claim while working as a shonk roofer ripping off grannies when installing taxpayer-funded pink batts, then they'd have a tabloid news clean sweep.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

This show was hilarious. It was pretty much exactly like reading a thread on this forum
Old Jul 16th 2012, 12:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sormesher
Just watched it, best comedy moment I have ever seen on Aussie tv!!
Miissed it... I wanted to watch it with some Aus friends just to give them a laugh.

I would have blamed it n the North / South divide
Old Jul 16th 2012, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

It was a bit like playing BE bingo:

too expensive....
don't like the sausages...
don't like the pubs...
moaning about the driving....
too hot...

FULL HOUSE!!

I particularly liked the family who don't like the beach....so moved to the sunshine coast. Great choice there chap.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 2:35 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
It was a bit like playing BE bingo:

too expensive....
don't like the sausages...
don't like the pubs...
moaning about the driving....
too hot...
I don't consider myself a whinging Pom but all the above are true!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.