Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ping Pong Cricket Series 2010 thread. Who's gonna win?

View Poll Results: Ping Pong Cricket Series 2010 thread. Who's gonna win?
Australia
40.00%
England
60.00%
Series Drawn
0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Ping Pong Cricket Series 2010 thread. Who's gonna win?

Old Jan 24th 2011, 8:21 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ping Pong Cricket Series 2010 thread. Who's gonna win?

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Strauss says Prior will open in the next ODI as well. For England's sake, I hope he rises to the challenge!

Bangladesh would be 3-0 up against England the way they're playing at the moment. Still, it's easily the most boring form of the game. Is anyone actually looking forward to the world cup?
Old Jan 24th 2011, 9:18 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Ping Pong Cricket Series 2010 thread. Who's gonna win?

Originally Posted by Burbage
Is anyone actually looking forward to the world cup?
I was, until I remembered that the format is simply horrible and the entire thing usually ends up taking at least eight months to finish.

Old Jan 24th 2011, 10:57 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Bangladesh would be 3-0 up against England the way they're playing at the moment. Still, it's easily the most boring form of the game. Is anyone actually looking forward to the world cup?

I am.... hate 20/20
Old Jan 24th 2011, 11:01 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
Aussie goes into sadomasochistic parlor and asks for something utterly humiliating. Madam lash pulls out a baggie green cap.

I was, until I remembered that the format is simply horrible and the entire thing usually ends up taking at least eight months to finish.

Yeh, they do string it out ... I still prefer it to T20 though, at least I can pretend a element of skill and concentration is involved.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 11:03 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and for the World Cup I'd lob a few quid on Sri Lanka if I were a betting man ...
Old Jan 24th 2011, 11:47 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Oh, and for the World Cup I'd lob a few quid on Sri Lanka if I were a betting man ...
One day cricket is a bastardised form of test cricket and as such utter crap. Seven one day internationals? Give me another test and a couple more T20s any day.

At least the T20 doesn't pretend to be proper cricket.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 11:51 am
Mostly Harmless

One day cricket is a bastardised form of test cricket and as such utter crap. Seven one day internationals? Give me another test and a couple more T20s any day.

At least the T20 doesn't pretend to be proper cricket.
Fair point, got to spread the revenue over the states though ... it has little to do with the long-term benefits of 'proper' cricket these days ...
Old Jan 24th 2011, 12:08 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Ping Pong Cricket Series 2010 thread. Who's gonna win?

Test cricket is real cricket. The toughest and most beautiful form of the game.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 12:16 pm
Mostly Harmless

On that we can agree ... the ebb and flow over 5 days ... mmmmarvellous.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

100% with you on that one fella, why can my missus not understand this????
Old Jan 24th 2011, 8:43 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish
100% with you on that one fella, why can my missus not understand this????
No Y chromosome, same reason they don't understand the offside law apparently
Old Jan 24th 2011, 9:29 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
Oi!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:23 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Oi!
Don't blame him, blame the Sky Sports commentators ... and fetch me some tea love
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
Get back in yer boat sailorboy the offside rule may still be confusing, but Test cricket is wonderful stuff
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:29 am
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: Ping Pong Cricket Series 2010 thread. Who's gonna win?

The ladies have managed to claw back some Australian dignity, at least.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.