Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Perth Zoo - 5,000 free tickets

Perth Zoo - 5,000 free tickets

Old May 16th 2013, 6:25 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perth Zoo - 5,000 free tickets

Perth folks.... FYI.

https://competitions.thewest.com.au/...ian/972-wa-day

Old May 16th 2013, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth Zoo - 5,000 free tickets

Originally Posted by asprilla
Had seen it on Fb.Was going to apply for my daughter but she will be in the middle of exams.Thanks for posting though.
Old May 16th 2013, 8:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh I wish I was in Perth - love the zoo - I remember the days of elephant rides and Jimmy the Ape smoking cigars (not really, I was a little young, but my older brothers and sisters used to tell me all about it). I do remember the lady that jumped in the polar bear enclosure when I was about 5 though and had her head eaten off.
Old May 16th 2013, 11:55 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Oooh I wish I was in Perth - love the zoo - I remember the days of elephant rides and Jimmy the Ape smoking cigars (not really, I was a little young, but my older brothers and sisters used to tell me all about it). I do remember the lady that jumped in the polar bear enclosure when I was about 5 though and had her head eaten off.
Paid a visit to Melbourne zoo in December. Really enjoyed it! Nice layout and gardens....and very good value in comparison to Australia Zoo up here.
Old May 17th 2013, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
Paid a visit to Melbourne zoo in December. Really enjoyed it! Nice layout and gardens....and very good value in comparison to Australia Zoo up here.
I like Australia Zoo only for the fact that it's clean and got pretty good food (compared to your usual hotdog and chips type options). But it's not really what I'd consider a zoo. I haven't been to Melbourne Zoo - been to Healsville Sanctuary and that was pretty good.
Old May 17th 2013, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

I like Australia Zoo only for the fact that it's clean and got pretty good food (compared to your usual hotdog and chips type options).
Interesting how on the "where to eat" page of their site there are 2 photos of food: one of burger & chips, and one of a hot dog.

Last edited by roaringmouse; May 17th 2013 at 6:42 pm.
Old May 17th 2013, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Interesting how on the "where to eat" page of their site there are 2 photos of food: one of burger & chips, and one of a hot dog.
Haha, haven't been there since the man himself died. It's just something we can't bring ourselves to do, maybe they've changed the food court, but they used to have delicious healthy wraps and sandwiches and noodles and things.
Old May 17th 2013, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, haven't been there since the man himself died. It's just something we can't bring ourselves to do, maybe they've changed the food court, but they used to have delicious healthy wraps and sandwiches and noodles and things.
I went there a bit before he died, it was in May 2005 - and all I remember is there being burgers on the menu with expected stupid names like "Bindi Burger" etc.
Old May 17th 2013, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
I went there a bit before he died, it was in May 2005 - and all I remember is there being burgers on the menu with expected stupid names like "Bindi Burger" etc.
Just checked, they still have their food court with Chinese, Italian and sandwich bar etc. I could't eat a Bindi Burger, or worse a Tandori Terri, can't stomach that woman at the best of times.
Old May 20th 2013, 4:50 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

T&C....

https://competitions.thewest.com.au/...ian/972-wa-day

"Perth Zoo will provide free entry to the Zoo on Monday 3rd June for 5,000 people. The free tickets will only be available online here at thewest.com/competitions from 22 May at 8.30am WST. Tickets are strictly limited and will be made available on a first come, first serve basis"
Old May 21st 2013, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

NigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't been to Perth Zoo for about 30 years but the most memorable part for me was outside the Zoo. Many years ago some tiny animals escaped, I think they were Chipmunks. The keepers got fed up of trying to keep them in so they let them be, now a colony has been established just outside the zoo and they are great to watch.