Reload this Page >

People need to Stop Blaming Immigrants

People need to Stop Blaming Immigrants

Old Nov 8th 2009, 1:32 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: People need to Stop Blaming Immigrants

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Not at all. You do an excellent job of indicating where you stand all by yourself.
Really.... and where do you think I stand?.

Personally I tend to agree with these guys...

Labour Home Secretary Mr Johnson said: “There are communities which have been disproportionately affected by immigration, where people have legitimate concerns about the strain that the growth in the local population has placed on jobs and services.”

Chris Grayling, the Shadow Home Secretary, said: “What we need is a tightly controlled system with much lower levels of immigration and an annual cap on the number of people who come to live and work here.”

You know... the Government and the Opposition.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 1:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Indeed it was,of course it will be attacked by the usual racists who hang about the barbie,you know who u are
You should try reading more of your own posts about the English.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 1:35 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
You should try reading more of your own posts about the English.
I actually like the english,they amuse me and i love winding them up even more,im just not fond of their security forces.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 1:43 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: People need to Stop Blaming Immigrants

Old Nov 8th 2009, 1:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

What is your London board please? Ex-Londoner here.
Bit of a left of center, talks about all sorts of current affairs, I dont know of any larger London Board.

It's amazing the difference between the views towards immigrants from anywhere whether it be Asia or poorer parts of Europe from people that are generally happy with living in London and the UK. Unfortunately Bexpats seems distinctly racist in comparison.

You'll be hard pushed to find 40,000 specifically London Members anywhere else.... I've never seen one.

Heres 3 examples of current general topic.

Lisbon treaty...

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?t=192404

Boris Johnson

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?t=169382

UK recession thread... complete with about half a dozen or more people that actually work in senior decision making situations in London Financial institutions....

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?t=161387

Plus the 19 pct thread.... still going after 8 years... light relief and very London/UK.

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?t=9481
Old Nov 8th 2009, 1:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
I actually like the english,they amuse me and i love winding them up even more,im just not fond of their security forces.
See what happens when I change this

"I actually like the english,they amuse me and i love winding them up even more"

to this

"I actually like the blacks, they amuse me and i love winding them up even more"

Its just a subtle change, but it makes all the difference.

Sorry mate, you probably don't even see it that way, but you do post some of the most blatant 'racist' posts on the entire board. If it wasn't for the fact that its the English who are the brunt of your posting, who are fair game it seems, then you would have kicked off the board an age ago.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 1:51 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Bit of a left of center, talks about all sorts of current affairs, I dont know of any larger London Board.

It's amazing the difference between the views towards immigrants from anywhere whether it be Asia or poorer parts of Europe from people that are generally happy with living in London and the UK. Unfortunately Bexpats seems distinctly racist in comparison.

You'll be hard pushed to find 40,000 specifically London Members anywhere else.... I've never seen one.

Heres 3 examples of current general topic.

Lisbon treaty...

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?t=192404

Boris Johnson

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?t=169382

UK recession thread... complete with about half a dozen or more people that actually work in senior decision making situations in London Financial institutions....

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?t=161387

Plus the 19 pct thread.... still going after 8 years... light relief and very London/UK.

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?t=9481

Will they mind if I'm not a Crystal Palace fan?

Looks like a place where a person could have a good conversation when wrestling with BNP apologists wears thin.

I used to go on the Guardian talkboards, but there never seemed to be enough immediacy there.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 2:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Will they mind if I'm not a Crystal Palace fan?

Looks like a place where a person could have a good conversation when wrestling with BNP apologists wears thin.

I used to go on the Guardian talkboards, but there never seemed to be enough immediacy there.
Certainly probably better if your not.... be less inclined to be miserable

It's really handy when something major happens. There were people posting from that Hijack at that hotel in India and also from right next to the WTC when the planes went in.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 2:17 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly probably better if your not.... be less inclined to be miserable

It's really handy when something major happens. There were people posting from that Hijack at that hotel in India and also from right next to the WTC when the planes went in.
Might just give it a try then. Thanks for the tip.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

TrentEnd will become famous soon enough

I am the creature... - you are spot on as usual.

It seems to be considered acceptable to be racist against the English for some reason, but not against the Irish, Scots, Muslims, Blacks, whatever else.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 7:59 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrentEnd

It seems to be considered acceptable to be racist against the English for some reason, but not against the Irish, Scots, Muslims, Blacks, whatever else.
Lets cut out all these racist jokes and comments

Now for a joke

"2 men walking through a eco friendly forest
Murphy turns to O'reilly"
Old Nov 8th 2009, 8:32 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrentEnd

Bollox, accept it yer a hated nation,nobody likes you u
Old Nov 8th 2009, 8:51 am
Banned

Comauver will become famous soon enoughComauver will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by elfman
so the riots which took place in the 80s in Brixton, Toxteth, Handsworth, Tottenham (Broadwater Farm) and to a lesser extent St. Pauls in Bristol, which were all largely about disaffected black youths were a figment of my imagination? They were all far more shocking and violent than anything in Britain in the last 10-12 years.
It's a fair point. The riots in the early 80s were in response to the recession of that period and disaffected white youths were also involved, as there were other cities involved with a low ethnic count. There were also problems later in the decade in the areas you mention, some of it was a backlash against policing in that area.

The main point I was trying to make was that the "extreme right" in the form of the NF or BNP was marginalised during that period. They came to prominence in the mid 70s and over the last decade resulting in representation in councillors up and down the country, on the London council and in Europe. This has been the period when Labour was/is in power and some voters understandably feel betrayed by the Labour gov't and feel their only salvation lies in a "racist" party.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 9:04 am
Banned

Comauver will become famous soon enoughComauver will become famous soon enough

Possibly for the same reason a small proportion of Christians set bombs in Birmingham, Brighton, Fenchurch st, and Canary Wharf, and countless other places all over Northern Ireland. Marginalised Minority wanting to cause more friction between people. Seems to have worked on you... If the Bomb setters could see your reaction they'd be well pleased.

Congrats to the OP.... I thought I was back on my London Board for a minute. Dont get anywhere near enough realistic posts like this on these particular forums.
Wrong.

Most of those places you mention were perpetrated by the IRA who were a terrorist organisation (without a Christian bone in their body of love and forgiveness). These terrorists were objecting to the fact that N Ireland was part of the UK (which is what the majority of the pop'n of the 6 counties wanted). Fortunately back in the mid 90s Adams and McGuiness came to their senses and realised that terrorism wasn't going to get them anywhere and they decided to lay down their arms.

In the case of Muslim terrorism, many of the perpetrators have no reason to have a grudge against this country which allows them to worship in Mosques, and gives them and their families free access to health, education and subsidised housing. In fact the perpetrator of the Glasgow bombing was a "well educated" doctor.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 11:01 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Comauver
Wrong.

Most of those places you mention were perpetrated by the IRA who were a terrorist organisation (without a Christian bone in their body of love and forgiveness). These terrorists were objecting to the fact that N Ireland was part of the UK (which is what the majority of the pop'n of the 6 counties wanted). Fortunately back in the mid 90s Adams and McGuiness came to their senses and realised that terrorism wasn't going to get them anywhere and they decided to lay down their arms.

In the case of Muslim terrorism, many of the perpetrators have no reason to have a grudge against this country which allows them to worship in Mosques, and gives them and their families free access to health, education and subsidised housing. In fact the perpetrator of the Glasgow bombing was a "well educated" doctor.
Are you seriously suggesting the 'troubles' had nothing to do with religion?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.