Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

People need to Stop Blaming Immigrants

People need to Stop Blaming Immigrants

Old Nov 7th 2009, 9:12 pm
Banned

Koolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura aboutKoolio has a spectacular aura about
Default People need to Stop Blaming Immigrants

*** I am writing this in response to many brits living abroad often blog as Britain becoming a F*** place because of too MANY immigrants in there country. I hope not to cause offence in my defence and clairity and apologise if some feel intimidated, or offended or related to what I havent encapsulated.*****

People in the UK need to stop blaming immigrants for all there problems because there are many positives of immigration.

I came from a family of Asian pakistani immigrants, and was born/raised in Glasgow. I lived in the Ghettos with many other Asian immigrants in the 80s. My parents worked very very hard in those days to raise our family. There were many Asian families alongside all living in slums but they worked very very hard. Some woke up at the hours of 6am and then finished at around 8pm - 6/7 days a week.

Despite the explosive racism and racial hatred experiences consquently from media driven sterotypes and from the likes of the BNP, the Asian community that I knew worked competitively and intensively harder to suceed in there financial sucess in the 80s.

The desire to become self employed (corner shops) was very strong because everyone felt exploited in the local job market and often the term "paki" was very insulting. Which sadly is still part of mainstream society, often casually used in "pubs" and many other segments in british society behind closed doors of course.

Muslims are very hard working people and very sucessful people in Britain. You can find muslims in every walk of British Society, there are Muslim Doctors, Engineers,Consultants, Teachers etc.

The immigrant (British) kids of my generation that I knew from the slums, all of our generation went to become professionals, some doctors, some consultants like myself, some established very sucessful exporting/importing businesses, Wholesalers, retailers, factories etc spreading in many different parts of the country. Every kid that I knew in my street embarked on further education gaining degrees and Phds etc.

If your problems in your life are financial or career or whatever, then the simple truth is that you havent worked hard enough to produce the desired results. As Og mandio said "Failure is only a result of not persevering enough"

Moreover alot of the jobs which many immigrants undertake in the UK are jobs which typically are low paid not everyone wants to do them. The economy is based on Supply/demand if there is not enough supply of local labor to fulfil the demand then consquently immigration becomes the only economic viable option.

The people who complain about immigrants stealing welfare benefits, again are just looking for a scapegoat. The real truth is that you have insecurities and perhaps are not just as competitive enough for many reasons to accomplish the vision for your life that you had set out to be. Even if one does fail, like I have done in many spheres of my life, there should be humility to accept the good and bad, and move on and try to reflect upon the positive and not BLAME others for your problems....cowards blame others.

Immigrants or ethnic minorities make up about less than 5% of the UK population if that. However I am of the understanding that there are good apples and bad apples in everybasket.

cheers
BA, ACCA, MBA,
Old Nov 7th 2009, 10:09 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: People need to Stop Blaming Immigrants

Originally Posted by Koolio
*** I am writing this in response to many brits living abroad often blog as Britain becoming a F*** place because of too MANY immigrants in there country. I hope not to cause offence in my defence and clairity and apologise if some feel intimidated, or offended or related to what I havent encapsulated.*****

People in the UK need to stop blaming immigrants for all there problems because there are many positives of immigration.

I came from a family of Asian pakistani immigrants, and was born/raised in Glasgow. I lived in the Ghettos with many other Asian immigrants in the 80s. My parents worked very very hard in those days to raise our family. There were many Asian families alongside all living in slums but they worked very very hard. Some woke up at the hours of 6am and then finished at around 8pm - 6/7 days a week.

Despite the explosive racism and racial hatred experiences consquently from media driven sterotypes and from the likes of the BNP, the Asian community that I knew worked competitively and intensively harder to suceed in there financial sucess in the 80s.

The desire to become self employed (corner shops) was very strong because everyone felt exploited in the local job market and often the term "paki" was very insulting. Which sadly is still part of mainstream society, often casually used in "pubs" and many other segments in british society behind closed doors of course.

Muslims are very hard working people and very sucessful people in Britain. You can find muslims in every walk of British Society, there are Muslim Doctors, Engineers,Consultants, Teachers etc.

The immigrant (British) kids of my generation that I knew from the slums, all of our generation went to become professionals, some doctors, some consultants like myself, some established very sucessful exporting/importing businesses, Wholesalers, retailers, factories etc spreading in many different parts of the country. Every kid that I knew in my street embarked on further education gaining degrees and Phds etc.

If your problems in your life are financial or career or whatever, then the simple truth is that you havent worked hard enough to produce the desired results. As Og mandio said "Failure is only a result of not persevering enough"

Moreover alot of the jobs which many immigrants undertake in the UK are jobs which typically are low paid not everyone wants to do them. The economy is based on Supply/demand if there is not enough supply of local labor to fulfil the demand then consquently immigration becomes the only economic viable option.

The people who complain about immigrants stealing welfare benefits, again are just looking for a scapegoat. The real truth is that you have insecurities and perhaps are not just as competitive enough for many reasons to accomplish the vision for your life that you had set out to be. Even if one does fail, like I have done in many spheres of my life, there should be humility to accept the good and bad, and move on and try to reflect upon the positive and not BLAME others for your problems....cowards blame others.

Immigrants or ethnic minorities make up about less than 5% of the UK population if that. However I am of the understanding that there are good apples and bad apples in everybasket.

cheers
BA, ACCA, MBA,
Thank you.

And please be assured that there are plenty of people about who do not think like those you mention who seek to blame immigrants for everything they don't like in life. It's quite clear to the rest of us that their attitude is a) nonsense and b)conducive to the growth of loathsome entities like the National Front/BNP.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 11:42 pm
Banned

Comauver will become famous soon enoughComauver will become famous soon enough

Yet another post about immigration.

Yes of course many immigrants have contributed to the UK economy over the last 40/50 years, not least Asian ones, although not all are not Muslim by religion. During the 70s some were singled out for racist attacks by far right groups like the NF/British Movement (not the BNP as stated). I even had some sympathy for the Muslim protesters at Luton when our couragous troops were parading after the Iraq war. After all Blair lied to us about the reasons for going to war in Iraq (Saddam did not have WMD), and the UK troops were agents of gov't policy imposing Imperialist democracy in a Muslim country.

However, that does not give Muslims a right to plant bombs on London underground, or on a London bus or in Glasgow airport. Perhaps the OP can tell us why people of Islam religion need to do this whereas Sikhs, Buddhists and Hindus do not?

I don't blame the immigrants for coming over here for a better life whether they are legal or illegal. I do blame a Labour gov't that has encouraged mass immigration to these shores and creating ethnic tensions which weren't there during the Conservative years from the 80s and most of the 90s when the pop'n was stable. Andrew Neather, a prominent Labour advisor, recently let the cat out of the bag that it was a deliberate Labour stategy to encourage mass immigration to this country (which he himself supports) that has put a greater strain on our public reources and infrastructure adversly affecting working class indigenous British people most.
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Pol...00910415414170
Old Nov 7th 2009, 11:46 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody english immigrants are ruining every country in the world, send 'em back to blighty I say, where they belong.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 11:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Comauver
Yet another post about immigration.
From a somewhat different perspective. Very useful to redress the balance.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 12:26 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
It's quite clear to the rest of us that their attitude is a) nonsense and b)conducive to the growth of loathsome entities like the National Front/BNP.
Remembering of course that your coming from a position somewhere to the left of the Dalai Lama, so you're hardly representative of the general population either.

...and shouldn't "quite clear to the rest of us" read "quite clear to me"... or have you appointed yourself the spokesman for everybody now?
Old Nov 8th 2009, 1:04 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Koolio

cheers
BA, ACCA, MBA,
Great post,cheers
Bernie,
MBA BA RGN RSCN ENB 405,998.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 1:11 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

I do blame a Labour gov't that has encouraged mass immigration to these shores and creating ethnic tensions which weren't there during the Conservative years from the 80s
so the riots which took place in the 80s in Brixton, Toxteth, Handsworth, Tottenham (Broadwater Farm) and to a lesser extent St. Pauls in Bristol, which were all largely about disaffected black youths were a figment of my imagination? They were all far more shocking and violent than anything in Britain in the last 10-12 years.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 1:17 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

So far anyway...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Oldham_race_riots

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ace-riots.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Bradford_race_riots
Old Nov 8th 2009, 1:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

However, that does not give Muslims a right to plant bombs on London underground, or on a London bus or in Glasgow airport. Perhaps the OP can tell us why people of Islam religion need to do this whereas Sikhs, Buddhists and Hindus do not?
Possibly for the same reason a small proportion of Christians set bombs in Birmingham, Brighton, Fenchurch st, and Canary Wharf, and countless other places all over Northern Ireland. Marginalised Minority wanting to cause more friction between people. Seems to have worked on you... If the Bomb setters could see your reaction they'd be well pleased.

Congrats to the OP.... I thought I was back on my London Board for a minute. Dont get anywhere near enough realistic posts like this on these particular forums.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 1:24 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Remembering of course that your coming from a position somewhere to the left of the Dalai Lama, so you're hardly representative of the general population either.

...and shouldn't "quite clear to the rest of us" read "quite clear to me"... or have you appointed yourself the spokesman for everybody now?
Not at all. You do an excellent job of indicating where you stand all by yourself.

Left of the Dalai Lama, eh? Damn Buddhist extremists. Here is an excerpt from his speech when he accepted the Nobel Peace prize.

"No matter what part of the world we come from, we are all basically the same human beings. We all seek happiness and try to avoid suffering. We have the same basic human needs and concerns. All of us human beings want freedom and the right to determine our own destiny as individuals and as peoples. That is human nature. The great changes that are taking place everywhere in the world, from Eastern Europe to Africa are a clear indication of this."

And here is the whole thing.

http://www.tibet.com/DL/nobelaccept.html
Old Nov 8th 2009, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Possibly for the same reason a small proportion of Christians set bombs in Birmingham, Brighton, Fenchurch st, and Canary Wharf, and countless other places all over Northern Ireland. Marginalised Minority wanting to cause more friction between people. Seems to have worked on you... If the Bomb setters could see your reaction they'd be well pleased.

Congrats to the OP.... I thought I was back on my London Board for a minute. Dont get anywhere near enough realistic posts like this on these particular forums.
What is your London board please? Ex-Londoner here.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 1:26 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Not at all. You do an excellent job of indicating where you stand all by yourself.

Left of the Dalai Lama, eh? Damn Buddhist extremists. Here is an excerpt from his speech when he accepted the Nobel Peace prize.

"No matter what part of the world we come from, we are all basically the same human beings. We all seek happiness and try to avoid suffering. We have the same basic human needs and concerns. All of us human beings want freedom and the right to determine our own destiny as individuals and as peoples. That is human nature. The great changes that are taking place everywhere in the world, from Eastern Europe to Africa are a clear indication of this."

And here is the whole thing.

http://www.tibet.com/DL/nobelaccept.html
A great man
Old Nov 8th 2009, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Great post,cheers
Bernie,
MBA BA RGN RSCN ENB 405,998.

It was a breath of fresh air, wasn't it.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 1:31 am
FREE TIBET

It was a breath of fresh air, wasn't it.
Indeed it was,of course it will be attacked by the usual racists who hang about the barbie,you know who u are

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.