Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

party planners - make up/children's clothes - any ideas?

party planners - make up/children's clothes - any ideas?

Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:16 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default party planners - make up/children's clothes - any ideas?

.....after speaking to a friend of mine in NZ today, she mentioned that another friend who lives in perth, is doing make up party planning in the evening to make ends meet. i cant remember the name of this company (doh ), but first friend mentioned it was quite a well known company, and that she did alright out of it. also, my sister has mentioned that she saw in a magazine about selling children's wear at parties, and joked that she might have to do that in the future.

this has got me thinking (i know, a rarity ), but has anybody got a any ideas, or are doing just that, to earn some extra spondoolies of an evening?
sat here trying to think of ways of earning extra money (without resorting to something seedy )
Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: party planners - make up/children's clothes - any ideas?

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
.....after speaking to a friend of mine in NZ today, she mentioned that another friend who lives in perth, is doing make up party planning in the evening to make ends meet. i cant remember the name of this company (doh ), but first friend mentioned it was quite a well known company, and that she did alright out of it. also, my sister has mentioned that she saw in a magazine about selling children's wear at parties, and joked that she might have to do that in the future.

this has got me thinking (i know, a rarity ), but has anybody got a any ideas, or are doing just that, to earn some extra spondoolies of an evening?
sat here trying to think of ways of earning extra money (without resorting to something seedy )
A pommy friend of mine has recently set up this business: www.bonkbonk.com.au if anyone's interested! It's all done very tastefully and not seedy at all. She's based on the Gold Coast, so I think she's running in Bris and GC initially, but intending to go national eventually. An extra - and fun! - way to earn some extra cash. And you might get to test drive the products, i'm sure that will appeal to you lot!!!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

I went to a lingerie party recently, which wasn't as bad as I expected actually! They had comfy/practical ones, sexy ones, push up, minimiser, etc etc - NOT slutty!! (OH slightly disappointed...?!) Also there were some casual tops etc.
Chatted to the woman doing it, she had small children and had just started but was enjoying it - could find the invite I expect and tell you the name...
Old Sep 5th 2007, 4:43 am
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

I have just started doing UnderCoverWear and as you say the underwear is nice not slutty something for everyone and they also do clothes too. Have still yet to hold my 1st party but will keep you all posted on how i am doing i am in Sydney.

poshrice
Old Sep 5th 2007, 9:24 am
Just Joined

majorspencer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poshrice
I have just started doing UnderCoverWear and as you say the underwear is nice not slutty something for everyone and they also do clothes too. Have still yet to hold my 1st party but will keep you all posted on how i am doing i am in Sydney.

poshrice
There is a new company that sells perfume, they are based Near Sydney.
They encourage Party Planning but not restricted to it.
I started a couple of months ago and im doing well, i also got my sister involved aswell, she's also doing ok.
Maybe you want to take a look
www.fragrancesforlife.com/major (click on countries then Australia)
Old Sep 5th 2007, 1:13 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

How about becoming an Avon rep! All you need to do is put the brochures through peeps doors when you get the chance then collect them again. Avon is in OZ so check out their website if they have one
Ax
Old Sep 11th 2007, 9:55 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acbh2
How about becoming an Avon rep! All you need to do is put the brochures through peeps doors when you get the chance then collect them again. Avon is in OZ so check out their website if they have one
Ax
thanks guys. have been offline for a while, but i will check out those websites. i saw an article in a magazine the other day for undercoverwear, about a guy doing the parties over perth way.