Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Need flight help in Aus... Sydney to Rockhampton

Need flight help in Aus... Sydney to Rockhampton

Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:03 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need flight help in Aus... Sydney to Rockhampton

Guys, I need a really cheap flight leaving Sydney this week to Rockhampton for a week as cheep as possible.

Jetstar told me they don't fly there, so I'm getting a bit confused by it all because their map says different. Virgin Blue are more expensive.

Parents are going to Emu Park on the gold coast and I think Rocky is the nearest flight destination...

If anyone's got any ideas I'd love to hear them.

Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:08 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need flight help in Aus... Sydney to Rockhampton

Originally Posted by iPom
Guys, I need a really cheap flight leaving Sydney this week to Rockhampton for a week as cheep as possible.

Jetstar told me they don't fly there, so I'm getting a bit confused by it all because their map says different. Virgin Blue are more expensive.

Parents are going to Emu Park on the gold coast and I think Rocky is the nearest flight destination...

Coolangatta airport is the closest to the Gold Coast, Rocky is 600k from Brisbane

http://www.goldcoastairport.com.au/
Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:10 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by cresta57
Coolangatta airport is the closest to the Gold Coast, Rocky is 600k from Brisbane

perhaps that is iPom's intention... fly them to Rockhampton and tell them to get a cab to the GC
Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:12 am
Account Closed

Yes, but how far is Emu Park from Rockhampton?

See how confused I am?
Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:12 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
perhaps that is iPom's intention... fly them to Rockhampton and tell them to get a cab to the GC
You've noticed her mean streak as well then?
Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:13 am
Account Closed

You've noticed her mean streak as well then?
I don't know what you mean.

I am just a little pussy cat.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Emu parks north of rocky. So syd - bris the a little plane bris to rocky, probably not cheap, guessing around the 400 each way, as soon as you get off the major airports the cheapish (if you can call them that) disappear.

Try qantas they usually do those type of flights.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:14 am

See how confused I am?
45k's from Rocky & 600k's from the Gold Coast Are they going to the Gold Coast or Rocky?
Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:15 am
Account Closed

I don't know what you mean.

I am just a little pussy cat.
Ok, so it's not the Gold Coast... it's Queensland... I'm just going on what my mother's giving me.

Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:18 am

Ok, so it's not the Gold Coast... it's Queensland... I'm just going on what my mother's giving me.

the Gold Coast is Queensland... that ought to upset a few people
Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

See how confused I am?
I think your first post was a little confusing as Emu Park appears to be on the Capricorn Coast and not the Gold Coast as you originally said. I've just googled it and its' abot 44 k's from Rocky, so yes that would be your nearest airport I would have thought.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:23 am

Looks like there are no direct flights, Virgin Blue $209 one way change to a smaller plane @ Brissie.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Both Qantas and Virgin fly to Rockhampton from Sydney but you have to change planes in Brisbane. Jetstar don't do it.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus, I thought you were joking. I don't want her here Gold Coast? What Gold Coast? No emus here, nothing to see, move along please.

One of those flight sites, tells me I can go to Cairns from GC Airport. Well yes I can, providing I first fly down to Sydney to catch a connecting flight up to Cairns and mid flight pass over GC Airport again
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Jesus, I thought you were joking. I don't want her here Gold Coast? What Gold Coast? No emus here, nothing to see, move along please.

One of those flight sites, tells me I can go to Cairns from GC Airport. Well yes I can, providing I first fly down to Sydney to catch a connecting flight up to Cairns and mid flight pass over GC Airport again
we did Alice to Brissie once, via Sydney/Canberra/Sydney
needless to say i wan't popular with the in-laws for arranging that one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.