Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Parking ticket for facing wrong way - help!

Parking ticket for facing wrong way - help!

Old Jan 8th 2007, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to all
Default Re: Parking ticket for facing wrong way - help!

Originally Posted by iPom
Oh, very small.
I hope you mean the difference he he
Old Jan 8th 2007, 10:42 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oz wannabe1
I hope you mean the difference he he
A touch tongue in cheek.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to allOz wannabe1 is a name known to all

A touch tongue in cheek.
To be honest I dont know the differences yet. Been to Cairns a couple of times but not to Perth yet...intend doing that this year. The choice is due to OH, found Cairns too hot! Is there such a thing as too hot, blimey, I thought thats what a pool was for!
Old Jan 8th 2007, 10:49 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ljk888
We were given a parking ticket just before Christmas for parking against the flow of traffic... a rule which we've never heard of before!!

What is the best way of appealing the ticket (as there was nothing on the sign apart from 1P or something), as we had no clue we were doing anything wrong. We weren't on a busy street or anything like that, just a quiet residential one.

Thanks!
Laura

Cough up and learn the lesson, we had one in Surfers for same thing they quote Aussie QLD Driving code which basically states you can't go against flow of traffic so should have been unable to get in spot so you are technically wrong.

Think you will lose at appeal we just payed the $24 and park the correct way now.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Just my opinion but this sort of fine is the very reason I think everyone should have to do at least the theory driving test. Just getting a straight swap, leaves too many little rules like that unknown. Let's face it, who, when they only have to get the licence swapped, would go and buy the driving code and read it

Bad luck lkj, won't be doing that again

We read the road rules before we came (or should that be I 'made' my hubby read them )

We did get a ticket for parking too close to a drive way though when we first got here (even though we weren't Not going to Glenelg again!!)
Old Jan 8th 2007, 10:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

After reading this....what is the bus/train service like?

Brilliant where I am too
Old Jan 8th 2007, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Wendy
We read the road rules before we came (or should that be I 'made' my hubby read them )

We did get a ticket for parking too close to a drive way though when we first got here (even though we weren't Not going to Glenelg again!!)
We read the road rules but didn't find any that mentioned parking the wrong bl@@dy way... and didn't take going against flow of trafic to mean parking.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 11:10 pm
Account Closed

Is there such a thing as too hot, blimey, I thought thats what a pool was for!
Yeah, but 24/7 is too long to be in it and you'll get waterlogged.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 11:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by annqldau
We read the road rules but didn't find any that mentioned parking the wrong bl@@dy way... and didn't take going against flow of trafic to mean parking.

Glad it wasn't just me then

I wasn't sure if it meant that or not so I asked my Aunt, that's one of the great things about my move - if I'm not sure I've got someone to ask.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah, but 24/7 is too long to be in it and you'll get waterlogged.
I'm a pisces, will that help me?
Old Jan 8th 2007, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

I'm a pisces, will that help me?
Absolutely.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 11:29 pm

Glad it wasn't just me then

I wasn't sure if it meant that or not so I asked my Aunt, that's one of the great things about my move - if I'm not sure I've got someone to ask.
WE ASKED THE DEPARTMENT TRYING TO TAKE OUT MONEY WHEN WE TRIED NOT TO GIVE IT... .
Old Jan 8th 2007, 11:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

WE ASKED THE DEPARTMENT TRYING TO TAKE OUT MONEY WHEN WE TRIED NOT TO GIVE IT... .

They are biased though aren't they
Old Jan 8th 2007, 11:35 pm

They are biased though aren't they
Quite agree ,but have had one ticket quashed for parking in an actual spot that policeman decided wasn't a spot. Took photos of the parking spots, signs and Policemans car illegally parked and sent of to Superintendent of local police ticket was withdrawn.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 11:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quite agree ,but have had one ticket quashed for parking in an actual spot that policeman decided wasn't a spot. Took photos of the parking spots, signs and Policemans car illegally parked and sent of to Superintendent of local police ticket was withdrawn.

Result

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.