paris

Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:50 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: paris

Without trying to wade in or anything, suffering is relative. No one doubts that a starving child is not suffering, but for someone who has never wanted for a thing, being in a prison cell isn't fun.

But are we really saying that she should or should not suffer? isn't the point more that it seems a touch odd for people to enjoy someone else's misery, and I have a strange feeling she is pretty miserable now.

Are we all so pure that none of us have broken a little law?
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:51 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
do the crime do the time frazer , simple as that .
Yes but no need to gloat is there.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Without trying to wade in or anything, suffering is relative. No one doubts that a starving child is not suffering, but for someone who has never wanted for a thing, being in a prison cell isn't fun.

But are we really saying that she should or should not suffer? isn't the point more that it seems a touch odd for people to enjoy someone else's misery, and I have a strange feeling she is pretty miserable now.

True Matt, but, what we're getting at is no-one should be 'above' the law - not even her
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:52 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly my point.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:53 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fraser
Yes but no need to gloat is there.
Think you will find i wasn't gloating .
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Well I for one couldn't give 2 craps anyway, I have no love of any spoilt brats, and she broke the law, and like many, me included, she has been punished, but am I having a party tonight?

Not for her no.
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't say she shouldn't be punished for her crime, I said people shouldn't be pleased that she's suffering. She made a mistake and she's very privileged so let's all gloat at her misfortune.
OK Fraser, I agree that we shouldn't be pleased at other people suffering ,BUT

She had lost her licence for drink driving, she didn't think "oh maybe I should learn from this and either get a chauffer or a bus, and then when I get my licence back maybe I should not drink if I am going to drive"

No, she went out and did it again, putting peoples lives at risk possibly. Just imagine what could have happened if she had hit someone, injured them, possibly crippled them, maybe killed them. Would that be enough to deter her?

She needs to learn that she is not above the law, and when she does something wrong she gets punished, blimey puppies learn this when training how hard can it be for her to put two and two together. The girl is not stupid, however it may appear otherwise and she should not think that she can do as she likes with no consequence. If jail is the only way she will learn then fine. Different things work for different people.

Personally I couldn't give a rats ass where she serves her sentence, I just hope she never drinks and drives again and that way she can't put innocent people at risk because of her arrogance and stupidity.

Shirley
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

borehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant future

Been in prison have you?
twice, have you

Last edited by borehamwood; Jun 9th 2007 at 11:14 am.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
Think you will find i wasn't gloating .
Did I say you was? You first commented on my comment about people gloating.

Gloating is terrible but it obviously goes without saying should a certain football club throw away two semis one after being 2 up against a youth side it is then ok.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by borehamwood
twice, have you
Yes
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

borehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant future

Yes
what for ,
Old Jun 9th 2007, 11:00 am
Account Closed

ooppps , i feel a backtrack coming on & a change of subject

you mean being 3-2 up in the 89th min and losing 3-4 ? you mean like that !
Old Jun 9th 2007, 11:00 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by borehamwood
what for ,
attacking someone who asked stupid questions no doubt!
Old Jun 9th 2007, 11:01 am
Account Closed

attacking someone who asked stupid questions no doubt!
Old Jun 9th 2007, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Im sure being in prison is horrible, but what would be the point of it if wasnt ? I dont think Paris Hilton,s experience is quite the same as any other non celebrities would be ! She has already been treated differently by being put in solitary confinement. If she wasnt, then she would really be suffering !

Nicky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.