Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Parents on their way home

Parents on their way home

Old Apr 4th 2006, 12:56 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents on their way home

Have you told her how hot and humid it gets at Xmas ?

Not to mention the thunder and lightning and monsoon rains.

And the clouds of cockroaches and mozzies that come out at that time of year.

And the sharks and crocodiles.

Oooooo and the dreaded Ross River fever that affects older people.

Old Apr 4th 2006, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

i didnt have chance mate,they only announced that they might be back for xmas when we were saying goodbye at the airport i ll have to save that one for the phone calls
Originally Posted by Bix
Have you told her how hot and humid it gets at Xmas ?

Not to mention the thunder and lightning and monsoon rains.

And the clouds of cockroaches and mozzies that come out at that time of year.

And the sharks and crocodiles.

Oooooo and the dreaded Ross River fever that affects older people.

Old Apr 4th 2006, 1:16 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scissors
As many of you know i was dreading my parents coming to stay for a month.......well mum really,she really rubs me up the wrong way and nothing is ever right for her ...omg a month under my roof...
Well gary said he thought she would be different this time, and i have to say he was right initially they seemed suprised at how geen everywhere was,they were expecting the dessert i think....sooooooooooooooo much to do here,much more than the uk......uh huh......shopping OMG mum bought 10 pairs of shoes not to mention a case full of other stuff...jeeezzzzz...They loved the animals especially the birds that we hand feed in our garden,dad thought they were brilliant,they loved the kangaroos at currumbin and loane pine,they thought everyone was so friendly,the food was fabulous and i could go on and on.
Mum actually said we think you ve done the right thing :scared: scary really cos shes never been one to support any of us in anything we do,she tried black mail to try and get us to stay in england and when it didnt work she wouldnt talk about us going at all,they wouldnt put us up for the weeks in between us selling our house and flying out here ,not that i would have wanted to stay with her anyway... they never came to see us off and never wished us good luck...so you can imagine my shock at them actually saying they think we ve done the right thing and that the love it here.....mum never complained about anything,,for gods sake..has she been replaced with a replica model :
Anyway im so pleased that they ;like it here,and we actually got on very well...wonders will never cease..although im exhausted with taking them out all the time because they didnt want to go out on their own,its reall hard work playing tour guide for a month,but we did want them to see all the places that we liked so we had to do it,and wanted to.
We took them to the airport at noon today,dad had been crying all morning,which really upset me,i hated to see him so upset,they both had a cry at the airport and didnt want to go home,ive got to say that saying goodbye here was far worse than saying goodbye back in england i would never have thought it.
So all i can say is that absence really can make the heart grow fonder,in my mums case anyway...and ...OMG their talking about maybe coming back for xmas.............eeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkk

tracey
Hi Tracey,
I can definately relate to you dreading your parents coming !!!!!!!! but am glad to read it went well and you had a good visit with them.
AND you got to meet Rooksie and her new addition !!!!!!!!
Hope you are well, we hope to be over by beginning of June and can't wait now, its sooooo close I can almost touch it
Jane xxx
Old Apr 4th 2006, 1:20 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

i didnt have chance mate,they only announced that they might be back for xmas when we were saying goodbye at the airport i ll have to save that one for the phone calls
glad it all went well Tracey!
Old Apr 4th 2006, 1:27 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

hiya nev
its good to hear your getting things sorted,it ll soon go once you get your tra
i cant believe we ve been here 9 months,its sure gone quickly and lovin every minute of it
Have you decided where your heading yet?

tracey
Yes Tracey, all being well we are off to perth along with the rest of the country lol. It just cant come fast enough!

Nev.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Now seems the right time to book YOUR christmas holiday......
Old Apr 4th 2006, 3:34 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Tracey what an emotional rollercoaster! Reminds me of my family....

Hope you've managed to resolve a few things with them and that life is still treating you well.
Old Apr 5th 2006, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi jane
thanks it went alot better than i thought,i hope your does to,

i have met rooksie before,but what i way to start a new life in oz with an aussie baby,how kool is that,their in caloudra but we ve spoken on the phone and they like it there and im sure we ll see them soon.

are you heading our way to jane?beginning of june will be here before you know it,it ll be well worth the wait beleive,its bloody great

tracey

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
Hi Tracey,
I can definately relate to you dreading your parents coming !!!!!!!! but am glad to read it went well and you had a good visit with them.
AND you got to meet Rooksie and her new addition !!!!!!!!
Hope you are well, we hope to be over by beginning of June and can't wait now, its sooooo close I can almost touch it
Jane xxx
Old Apr 5th 2006, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers hunny,gary showed me your house it looks lovely,wont be long now cant weait to see you guys again
Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
glad it all went well Tracey!
Old Apr 5th 2006, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

yep it certainly is =iPom]Excellent. Isn't it nice to be holding all the cards for a change?
[/QUOTE]

Had the same thing at Xmas 2005, my mum and me were always arguing, never really able to spend too long in each others company and I was dreading it HOWEVER, she didn't seem so bad, the same thing as you, maybe we become more tolerant as we know they are not going to be here for ever and maybe they think the same and actually put the effort into getting on.

They are over again this year and I am really looking forward to it, maybe being taken out of their comfort zone at home and seeing and doing new things opens their life up for them, that or they have been replaced by aliens
Old Apr 5th 2006, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

hi macey,i think maybe your right,i think it took them back a bit seeing all the things we can do here and all the friends we have already,they really seemed to appreciate the the way our lifestyle is different here,i just hope its the same if they come back for xmas
Had the same thing at Xmas 2005, my mum and me were always arguing, never really able to spend too long in each others company and I was dreading it HOWEVER, she didn't seem so bad, the same thing as you, maybe we become more tolerant as we know they are not going to be here for ever and maybe they think the same and actually put the effort into getting on.

They are over again this year and I am really looking forward to it, maybe being taken out of their comfort zone at home and seeing and doing new things opens their life up for them, that or they have been replaced by aliens [/QUOTE]
Old Apr 6th 2006, 4:01 am
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

One of those rare moments dear....treasure it......

Well gary said he thought she would be different this time, and i have to say he was right
tracey
Old Apr 8th 2006, 8:53 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

hi jane
thanks it went alot better than i thought,i hope your does to,

i have met rooksie before,but what i way to start a new life in oz with an aussie baby,how kool is that,their in caloudra but we ve spoken on the phone and they like it there and im sure we ll see them soon.

are you heading our way to jane?beginning of june will be here before you know it,it ll be well worth the wait beleive,its bloody great

tracey

Yes we will be coming your way, we haven't decided for definate yet whether it'll be Gold or Sunshine coast, but when we get there wil have a little look around.......... Russ is a chef and will be looking to work probably in a hotel or an office building with its own restaurant plus schools for kids Leah 11 (yesterday) and Elliott 8
I can't wait !!!!!!!!!! Trying not to get toooooo excited yet coz you just never know what will happen with the house
Well hopefully will meet up with you when we do finally get there
Jane xxx
Old Apr 9th 2006, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

sounds good to me jane
good luck with your house,i sympthise it doesnt seem long since we were doing it ourselves but been here 9 months now and still loving it.

tracey

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
Yes we will be coming your way, we haven't decided for definate yet whether it'll be Gold or Sunshine coast, but when we get there wil have a little look around.......... Russ is a chef and will be looking to work probably in a hotel or an office building with its own restaurant plus schools for kids Leah 11 (yesterday) and Elliott 8
I can't wait !!!!!!!!!! Trying not to get toooooo excited yet coz you just never know what will happen with the house
Well hopefully will meet up with you when we do finally get there
Jane xxx
Old Apr 9th 2006, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Pleased that everything went ok for you all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.