Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Parents on their way home

Parents on their way home

Old Apr 3rd 2006, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Parents on their way home

As many of you know i was dreading my parents coming to stay for a month.......well mum really,she really rubs me up the wrong way and nothing is ever right for her ...omg a month under my roof...
Well gary said he thought she would be different this time, and i have to say he was right initially they seemed suprised at how geen everywhere was,they were expecting the dessert i think....sooooooooooooooo much to do here,much more than the uk......uh huh......shopping OMG mum bought 10 pairs of shoes not to mention a case full of other stuff...jeeezzzzz...They loved the animals especially the birds that we hand feed in our garden,dad thought they were brilliant,they loved the kangaroos at currumbin and loane pine,they thought everyone was so friendly,the food was fabulous and i could go on and on.
Mum actually said we think you ve done the right thing :scared: scary really cos shes never been one to support any of us in anything we do,she tried black mail to try and get us to stay in england and when it didnt work she wouldnt talk about us going at all,they wouldnt put us up for the weeks in between us selling our house and flying out here ,not that i would have wanted to stay with her anyway... they never came to see us off and never wished us good luck...so you can imagine my shock at them actually saying they think we ve done the right thing and that the love it here.....mum never complained about anything,,for gods sake..has she been replaced with a replica model
Anyway im so pleased that they ;like it here,and we actually got on very well...wonders will never cease..although im exhausted with taking them out all the time because they didnt want to go out on their own,its reall hard work playing tour guide for a month,but we did want them to see all the places that we liked so we had to do it,and wanted to.
We took them to the airport at noon today,dad had been crying all morning,which really upset me,i hated to see him so upset,they both had a cry at the airport and didnt want to go home,ive got to say that saying goodbye here was far worse than saying goodbye back in england i would never have thought it.
So all i can say is that absence really can make the heart grow fonder,in my mums case anyway...and ...OMG their talking about maybe coming back for xmas.............eeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkk

tracey
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 9:08 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents on their way home

Originally Posted by scissors
As many of you know i was dreading my parents coming to stay for a month.......well mum really,she really rubs me up the wrong way and nothing is ever right for her ...omg a month under my roof...
Well gary said he thought she would be different this time, and i have to say he was right initially they seemed suprised at how geen everywhere was,they were expecting the dessert i think....sooooooooooooooo much to do here,much more than the uk......uh huh......shopping OMG mum bought 10 pairs of shoes not to mention a case full of other stuff...jeeezzzzz...They loved the animals especially the birds that we hand feed in our garden,dad thought they were brilliant,they loved the kangaroos at currumbin and loane pine,they thought everyone was so friendly,the food was fabulous and i could go on and on.
Mum actually said we think you ve done the right thing :scared: scary really cos shes never been one to support any of us in anything we do,she tried black mail to try and get us to stay in england and when it didnt work she wouldnt talk about us going at all,they wouldnt put us up for the weeks in between us selling our house and flying out here ,not that i would have wanted to stay with her anyway... they never came to see us off and never wished us good luck...so you can imagine my shock at them actually saying they think we ve done the right thing and that the love it here.....mum never complained about anything,,for gods sake..has she been replaced with a replica model
Anyway im so pleased that they ;like it here,and we actually got on very well...wonders will never cease..although im exhausted with taking them out all the time because they didnt want to go out on their own,its reall hard work playing tour guide for a month,but we did want them to see all the places that we liked so we had to do it,and wanted to.
We took them to the airport at noon today,dad had been crying all morning,which really upset me,i hated to see him so upset,they both had a cry at the airport and didnt want to go home,ive got to say that saying goodbye here was far worse than saying goodbye back in england i would never have thought it.
So all i can say is that absence really can make the heart grow fonder,in my mums case anyway...and ...OMG their talking about maybe coming back for xmas.............eeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkk

tracey
Hi Tracey, I did read your last post about you dreading your folks coming over so I was really pleased to read this post and to hear that it hadnt been bad. I am glad you have had a nice time with your parents and I bet Christmas will be lovely together.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 9:09 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

tracey
Tracey I'm really pleased for you.......I know you were dreading their visit. I don't get on brilliantly with my parents and that gives me some hope for the future although at the moment they're saying they won't come to visit

Did you get my PM's?
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

thanks hunny,not definate that their coming for christmas yet but their talking about it,im just pleased that they liked it here and thought we d done the right thing,to be honest when we left england i got the feeling eveyone was hopeing it wouldnt work out no on e seemed to be on our side,family wise that is,we only got support from our very good mates,so im glad they changed their tune.
Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit
Hi Tracey, I did read your last post about you dreading your folks coming over so I was really pleased to read this post and to hear that it hadnt been bad. I am glad you have had a nice time with your parents and I bet Christmas will be lovely together.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

theres certainly hope mate,,no one could be more suprised than i am
only just read your pm hunny i ll pm you back QUOTE=The A Team]Tracey I'm really pleased for you.......I know you were dreading their visit. I don't get on brilliantly with my parents and that gives me some hope for the future although at the moment they're saying they won't come to visit

Did you get my PM's?[/QUOTE]
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 9:16 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

I think your mother has been abducted by aliens and had a replicant put back.

Your mother and mine were separated at birth. I hope mine is as good when she comes over for a month. Two days is all I can stand.

I wonder if now you're in Aus, you're more laid back and therefore tolerant of how she is?

Distance is a very good thing sometimes.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 9:53 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad it went well for you and your mum. Heres hoping mine has the same attitude once we move
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

i guess you coud have a point there but she was definately different,usually she only wants things her way or no way this time she was happy to leave things to us,although she didnt have a choice really lol we had the car and we knew our way around
Originally Posted by iPom
I think your mother has been abducted by aliens and had a replicant put back.

Your mother and mine were separated at birth. I hope mine is as good when she comes over for a month. Two days is all I can stand.

I wonder if now you're in Aus, you're more laid back and therefore tolerant of how she is?

Distance is a very good thing sometimes.
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 10:04 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

i guess you coud have a point there but she was definately different,usually she only wants things her way or no way this time she was happy to leave things to us,although she didnt have a choice really lol we had the car and we knew our way around

Excellent. Isn't it nice to be holding all the cards for a change?
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

yep it certainly is =iPom]Excellent. Isn't it nice to be holding all the cards for a change? [/QUOTE]
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 11:45 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

aw...glad to hear it all worked out ok ...... but staying over xmas?? :scared:
Old Apr 4th 2006, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

i know :scared: :scared:
Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
aw...glad to hear it all worked out ok ...... but staying over xmas?? :scared:
Old Apr 4th 2006, 12:35 am
Account Closed

mashy is an unknown quantity at this point

tracey
Aaaw what a nice post!

Glad everything went well, really pleased for you

Sharon x x x
Old Apr 4th 2006, 12:49 am
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Tracey, im so glad that you have both got so settled in and that you had such a surprise with your mums reaction to your lovely new home. I still cant believe that you are already at the stage of getting visitors since we met you in the pub that time. I am soooooooooooo jealous lol. We have just sent off TRA to agents so still a little way to go yet but we will get there, and my mum is already saving her pennies to visit, i think she will be there before us lol.

Take care both of you and lots and lots of luck.

Nev.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

hiya nev
its good to hear your getting things sorted,it ll soon go once you get your tra
i cant believe we ve been here 9 months,its sure gone quickly and lovin every minute of it
Have you decided where your heading yet?

tracey
Originally Posted by redlion
Hiya Tracey, im so glad that you have both got so settled in and that you had such a surprise with your mums reaction to your lovely new home. I still cant believe that you are already at the stage of getting visitors since we met you in the pub that time. I am soooooooooooo jealous lol. We have just sent off TRA to agents so still a little way to go yet but we will get there, and my mum is already saving her pennies to visit, i think she will be there before us lol.

Take care both of you and lots and lots of luck.

Nev.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.