Reload this Page >

The parents are here...

The parents are here...

Old Sep 7th 2007, 11:12 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The parents are here...

Tips for survival please...

Already, they are eating me out of house and home, (they're a few stone over weight and need to stop shovelling it in)...
But my mother is driving me nuts in my own bloody house... makes herself a drink and doesn't ask us if we want one, leaves the tea bags in the sink, starts re-arranging the stuff in the cupboard....

I'm preparing meals, and she's asking when I'm 'doing' breakfast, which in our house is a help yourself affair.... Get yourself a bowl and sit on down with something in it.

It's only two days and I'm exhausted already.

There are 5 people in my house normally and now there are 7....

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I'll be all right.

Only 2 and a half months more to go....
Old Sep 7th 2007, 11:19 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The parents are here...

Originally Posted by iPom

Already, they are eating me out of house and home, (they're a few stone over weight and need to stop shovelling it in)...
But my mother is driving me nuts in my own bloody house... makes herself a drink and doesn't ask us if we want one, leaves the tea bags in the sink, starts re-arranging the stuff in the cupboard....

I'm preparing meals, and she's asking when I'm 'doing' breakfast, which in our house is a help yourself affair.... Get yourself a bowl and sit on down with something in it.

I'll be all right.

how could you moan about your parents eating your food ,when they produced a fine specimen like you....

you need a good spanking,,you naughty girl..
Old Sep 7th 2007, 11:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by aston man
how could you moan about your parents eating your food ,when they produced a fine specimen like you....

you need a good spanking,,you naughty girl..
They're welcome to eat it, just not the amount they're eating. How much money do you think I have? I just bought a house!

Spank me, baby.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 11:34 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be all right.

Poor Girl. I feel for you.

Mines arrive for three months in December.

I will expect mutual support then!

Hang in there!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

I'll be all right.

think thats how i will feel. but u gotta love em. when they go back u'll miss them
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:43 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be all right.

Hang in there A ....
Old Sep 8th 2007, 2:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

My motherin law (here for 3months) was up at 6am sweeping, dusting. She walked my new born daughter around for hours at all times, she cooked all meals and did all the washing. She was always looking for something to do. They always went halves on the grocery shop.

And she adores me. She's always banging on to Chief about how she (Chief) ''won the lottery 'with that man''!!

I like her!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 2:48 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I'll be all right.

As much as i love my parents, no way would i want them to stay with me longer than 2 weeks.
I had the MIL stay with me for 2 weeks last week. It was exactly how you described. Just one person extra makes such a difference. I was pulling my hair out.

Don't know what to say to you, except...good luck!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 3:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
My motherin law (here for 3months) was up at 6am sweeping, dusting. She walked my new born daughter around for hours at all times, she cooked all meals and did all the washing. She was always looking for something to do. They always went halves on the grocery shop.

And she adores me. She's always banging on to Chief about how she (Chief) ''won the lottery 'with that man''!!

I like her!
Smug bugger.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 3:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
As much as i love my parents, no way would i want them to stay with me longer than 2 weeks.
I had the MIL stay with me for 2 weeks last week. It was exactly how you described. Just one person extra makes such a difference. I was pulling my hair out.

Don't know what to say to you, except...good luck!
I'm keeping her busy matching socks up for the kids....
Old Sep 8th 2007, 3:51 am
Mrs Bushpig!

Bushpig is on a distinguished road

I'm picking my mum up from the airport in 2 hours!!! can't wait,
I'll write again in a week and we'll see how I feel then!!
good thing is finally have a babysitter!!
2 weeks
Old Sep 8th 2007, 3:53 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

2 1/2 MONTHS!!!

Are you mad??

My Mum's classic last time was, "I don't like to help, you look so busy" as she porked away on the sofa while we ran around after her.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 3:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
2 1/2 MONTHS!!!

Are you mad??

My Mum's classic last time was, "I don't like to help, you look so busy" as she porked away on the sofa while we ran around after her.
You should've kept to the American 2 night rule Sal.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Location: Chichester, England, Auckland, NZ, Gold Coast, Oz. Going back to UK 17th Oct
DebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud ofDebiE has much to be proud of

I'll be all right.

I loved it when my parents came to visit in March. When they left my kids and I were devastated....just enjoy them while they're here.

Maybe that's the reason why some people settle in Oz and some people don't!!!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 3:59 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You should've kept to the American 2 night rule Sal.
Indeed - good tip for you IPom - "You've had your 2 nights, now sling yer hooks."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.