Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

OZ to get its first saint

OZ to get its first saint

Old Dec 19th 2009, 6:23 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold
Default OZ to get its first saint

OZ is now set to get its first Saint after the Pope recognised she performed two miracles. l guess they will be celebrating in Adelaide " the city of churches" as they call it.
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/s...006301,00.html
Old Dec 19th 2009, 8:38 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OZ to get its first saint

Sister Sheila?
Old Dec 19th 2009, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been here since 06 and they didn't even know.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 10:02 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Well thats me converted then. Not.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 12:47 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Let's all rush out and become left footers.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 3:06 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

>>OZ is now set to get its first Saint after the Pope recognised she performed two miracles. l guess they will be celebrating in Adelaide " the city of churches" as they call it.<<

Both of the miracles were performed decades after she died, and were the result of her being prayed to.

What about all the other prayers on behalf of sick people? Were they not answered? We should be told why not.

Some people will believe anything! My bar fridge actually has a "Sabbath" button on it: you press it the day before the sabbath so that the light doesn't come on when you open the door to get a beer, thus ensuring that those of good orthodoxy won't perform the work of switching it!

Old Dec 20th 2009, 2:21 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wol
>>OZ is now set to get its first Saint after the Pope recognised she performed two miracles. l guess they will be celebrating in Adelaide " the city of churches" as they call it.<<

Both of the miracles were performed decades after she died, and were the result of her being prayed to.

What about all the other prayers on behalf of sick people? Were they not answered? We should be told why not.

Some people will believe anything! My bar fridge actually has a "Sabbath" button on it: you press it the day before the sabbath so that the light doesn't come on when you open the door to get a beer, thus ensuring that those of good orthodoxy won't perform the work of switching it!

Yes theres probably thousands who prayed to her for a miracle for cancer or something and still ended up dieing,
Old Dec 20th 2009, 7:19 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wol
My bar fridge actually has a "Sabbath" button on it: you press it the day before the sabbath so that the light doesn't come on when you open the door to get a beer, thus ensuring that those of good orthodoxy won't perform the work of switching it!

Where did you get that from?
Old Dec 20th 2009, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
Yes theres probably thousands who prayed to her for a miracle for cancer or something and still ended up dieing,
We all end up dieing . . . and miracles aren't like 'quarter pounders'.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by spartacus
We all end up dieing . . . and miracles aren't like 'quarter pounders'.
I'm trying to find what miracles she actually did. The details in the article appear scant...
Old Dec 20th 2009, 8:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
I'm trying to find what miracles she actually did. The details in the article appear scant...
She didn't do any . . . I think she was dead.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 8:40 pm

She didn't do any . . . I think she was dead.
She opened schools... I can't see that as a miracle.

Standards are slipping at the Vatican. You used to have to have done something truly miraculous before, but now, nope, pop a bit of wood on someone's pillow and it'll prolong their death by a whole two years.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

She opened schools... I can't see that as a miracle.

Standards are slipping at the Vatican. You used to have to have done something truly miraculous before, but now, nope, pop a bit of wood on someone's pillow and it'll prolong their death by a whole two years.
But in the Vatican's defence, I'd imagine their policy and perspective on saints and sinthood would be similar to that of Holden and their small car the 'Barina', in that you'd better a make a new one pretty quick sharp, bacause you're never quite sure when the old ones will stop working . . .
Old Dec 20th 2009, 11:44 pm

But in the Vatican's defence, I'd imagine their policy and perspective on saints and sinthood would be similar to that of Holden and their small car the 'Barina', in that you'd better a make a new one pretty quick sharp, bacause you're never quite sure when the old ones will stop working . . .
Or you crash it...
Old Dec 20th 2009, 11:49 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Where did you get that from?
Hardly Normal. I only found out what the button was called when I read the manual.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.