Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Oversensitive Aussie Cry Baby Sues Over 'Racism' In The UK

Wikiposts

Oversensitive Aussie Cry Baby Sues Over 'Racism' In The UK

Old Jan 24th 2011, 4:46 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oversensitive Aussie Cry Baby Sues Over 'Racism' In The UK

Blimey, this must be the longest running thread I've started ... they are usually dead by vulgarity or indifference by now.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 7:09 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Blimey, this must be the longest running thread I've started ... they are usually dead by vulgarity or indifference by now.
F**k off, who cares
Old Jan 24th 2011, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
I've been to plenty of outback communities including some isolated ones in the Gulf of Carpentaria. If there are plenty of inter-marriages, as you say, then I haven't seen them myself. In fact, I've met more members of the stolen generation than I have those who have inter-married.
Well I have many relatives that are married or in relationships with indigenous Australians. I also have two half brothers that have indigenous blood. A large proportion of my family has grown up in North Western Australia and some in the Northern Territory As Ponyrama has pointed out, you may not even know what you're looking at.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 7:56 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ponyrama
I did say "maybe"! In my experience, people who express racist views are on occasion ignorant of the cultures and values that they are judging, and uneducated about the ways and norms of people of different races. My statement was not to say that they are ignorant or uneducated, merely that in making a choice to be racist, they are maybe ignorant or uneducated in that respect.

I wish I could say I was sorry that my view may get peoples backs up. But I am not. I find racism of any kind so totally offensive that for me it is an emotional thing, as I am sure it is for those people who are subjected to racism every day of their lives. To say that the debate about racism should be unemotional is a little patronising I think.

If you can give me an example to justify when or why the alternative view is appropriate, I am prepared to listen. But I suspect you will not be able to find any event in history where a "whole race" of people did something so terrible as to be tarred by it forever and justify mistreatment of their race on the basis of that by others.
You are too kind... I'd say ignorance isn't something they suffer from. At the very minimum they're obtuse (deliberately ignorant) and at the worst about as smart as a monkey (my apology to the monkey as they will probably learn to walk up right sooner than the racist idiots...)
Old Jan 24th 2011, 8:08 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Well I have many relatives that are married or in relationships with indigenous Australians. I also have two half brothers that have indigenous blood. A large proportion of my family has grown up in North Western Australia and some in the Northern Territory As Ponyrama has pointed out, you may not even know what you're looking at.
On reflection it might be true also that some don't admit to Indigenous descent as it was considered taboo for so long. Up in FNQ though, you don't see couples , white/ indigenous or even kids playing together very often