Excellent pics, well done.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

brandyslad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Our first impressions of Oz

Loved the pics!
Old Oct 27th 2008, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Icarus
lol... i think i know what she means ..
I remember an ex who always said that "fowards was north" ..

Great when driving from Leeds to London .. "Keep heading North" .. erm, no dear.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 3:25 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bibbs
I remember an ex who always said that "fowards was north" ..

Great when driving from Leeds to London .. "Keep heading North" .. erm, no dear.
lol .. fowards is north eh .. some funny guys out there .

i found when driving in OZ that to have the sun shining from the north was a little weird . keep reminding myself that driving towards the midday sun i was in fact going north ... not south as it is here
Old Oct 27th 2008, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Aussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the rough

Loved the pics - you all look as if you had a wonderful time. No wonder you can't wait to get back there... (The music was good too, could you let me know who it was by please? - It's probably REALLY famous, but I am a bit behind in the music stakes, being an oldie!). Thanks Lou x
Old Oct 27th 2008, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Aussie4me
Loved the pics - you all look as if you had a wonderful time. No wonder you can't wait to get back there... (The music was good too, could you let me know who it was by please? - It's probably REALLY famous, but I am a bit behind in the music stakes, being an oldie!). Thanks Lou x
Sophie Ellis-Bexter - Today the Sun's on Us

And how old is an oldie? I don't class myself as a spring chicken

Alison x
Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

jancath2008 will become famous soon enough

Wonderful pics! I forget how lucky i am being here! I tend to take the sun and the surf for granted!
Did you notice that the moon is upside down?
Old Oct 28th 2008, 3:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al150n
The one thing that will take a bit of getting use to is the sun rising in the west & not in the east, my sense of direction was dreadful while we were there.
Doesn't sound like it's too hot now
Originally Posted by Bibbs
Erm .. what?
Exactly
Originally Posted by Icarus
lol... i think i know what she means ..
Can you explain please?
Old Oct 28th 2008, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

Where ever you are in the world the sun always rises in the east and sets in the West! Its just it feels different! The water going down the plug does go round a different way here and the crescent moon is "upside down'! The only really useful bit I remember from my Astronmy course! My Aussie hubby said "r u nuts?" when I said the moon was upside down to me until I could prove it!

Best regards
Jancath
Old Oct 28th 2008, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Aussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the roughAussie4me is a jewel in the rough

Sophie Ellis-Bexter - Today the Sun's on Us
And how old is an oldie? I don't class myself as a spring chicken

Alison x

Thanks for that, I knew I should have known who it was!

51 (says it quickly, it sounds not so bad then!) Nearly 52 as well!! Bet I am an older spring chicken than you!

Hoping that this birthday (Jan) will be the last in the UK, then in Aus, my birthday will be mid summer and I can have bbqs in the garden, or go to the beach. Wouldn't fancy doing that here, I can tell you!

Lou x
Old Oct 28th 2008, 7:53 am
Three of us

hettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant future

We got back at the weekend from 2 weeks just north of Perth. I got stopped at Perth airport for smuggling leaves . The lovely sniffer dog plonked himself down next to our buggy & when they had a look there were a load of old brown leaves in the basket under the buggy. It's been sat in the garage for 6 months unused so didn't even think to check if there was anything in there. Glad I didn't take my newer buggy as they'd have found acorns, etc.

We absolutely loved it & can't wait to move now which won't be for a while as hubby has just started a 2 year course & wants to get the qualifications from that as a back up before we go. Kids didn't want to come home & just loved being outdoors all the time. Beaches were gorgeous & couldn't believe how clean, tidy & well kept everywhere was & how friendly people were. Made us laugh as well that our friend flapped about missing the rush hour traffic getting out of Perth in the evening, she's obviously not experienced the M25 & M1

Any here's a link to some of our pics if anyone wants a look http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url & yes I know the tune has been used by someone else but thought it was a great bit of music!

Alison x
arhh that was so lovely i had tears in my eyes,that song is class for all of us that are going,yipeeeeee Oz here we come!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

lee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant future

In the Uk you want a south facing garden to catch the sun and in Australia you want a south facing garden to catch the shade. Its the north south aspect that is opposite not the east west.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lee_h
In the Uk you want a south facing garden to catch the sun and in Australia you want a south facing garden to catch the shade. Its the north south aspect that is opposite not the east west.
Thats it Lee! It cracks me up! The further South u go the colder it gets! !
Jancath
Old Oct 28th 2008, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lee_h
Ok so I am now officially completely confused

From the way I've read that instead of the directions being north, east, south, west it's north, west, south, east??????? Really sorry if I am being completely think

Alison x
Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:49 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so I am now officially completely confused

From the way I've read that instead of the directions being north, east, south, west it's north, west, south, east??????? Really sorry if I am being completely think

Alison x
Alison , north is always north & south is always south .. & west & east are in the same place as they are in the UK .

hope thats cleared that up ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.