Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Other people's children..... and alocohol

Other people's children..... and alocohol

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 3:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Other people's children..... and alocohol

NO WAY would I allow some one elses child in my care to consume alcohol... without the parent's EXPRESS perimission....

would you?

if so how old?

13? 14? 15?

I wouldn't

and next time Gorgeous goes to a mates I'll be scoping the parents out a bit better.. and yes it WAS the adults beefore anyone jumps on me telling me how sneaky kids can be.. I KNOW how sneaky kids are... but to get "Ididnt think a couple of beers would worry you" just isn't on

a shandy wouldn't... but a few beers??????

ARRRRRGH
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Other people's children..... and alocohol

Originally Posted by eddie007
NO WAY would I allow some one elses child in my care to consume alcohol... without the parent's EXPRESS perimission....

would you?

if so how old?

13? 14? 15?

I wouldn't

and next time Gorgeous goes to a mates I'll be scoping the parents out a bit better.. and yes it WAS the adults beefore anyone jumps on me telling me how sneaky kids can be.. I KNOW how sneaky kids are... but to get "Ididnt think a couple of beers would worry you" just isn't on

ARRRRRGH
My daughter is 15 and has recently been going to a lot of parties at friends houses, just seems everyone is turning 15 or 16 around this time! It amazes me every time that all but one set of parents are OK with alcohol being brought into their house by 15/16 years old kids. Some of the parents even supply it I'm a drugs and alcohol nurse so I see first hand the damage can be done by encouraging alcohol at a young age. She went to a party last week and the father took the alcohol of anyone that brought it, thats the first time in my knowledge. She always asks me to collect her and her friends after parties which I love cause I know then that shes not pissed up in someones house with parents that think that its acceptable.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 6:13 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007

would you?

if so how old?

13? 14? 15?

I wouldn't

ARRRRRGH
There's a kid my 14 year old son hangs out with who lives with his mum and a FIFO dad. I guess mum gets lonesome when the old man is away because she encourages her teenage kids to stay home and drink with her...And invite their friends around because it's not a party with only a few people!

The first time my son drank at her house we went around there and told her in no uncertain terms that if she ever supplied alcohol or drugs to my child again we would call police. A few weeks later #2 son came home pissed and puking. Police were immediately called, complaint was lodged by us, DCP was brought in and we have told her that if she ever even considers speaking to our child again we would get a restrining order and have her charged with child endangerment.

For some reason she thinks I'm a bitch.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 6:53 am
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
There's a kid my 14 year old son hangs out with who lives with his mum and a FIFO dad. I guess mum gets lonesome when the old man is away because she encourages her teenage kids to stay home and drink with her...And invite their friends around because it's not a party with only a few people!

The first time my son drank at her house we went around there and told her in no uncertain terms that if she ever supplied alcohol or drugs to my child again we would call police. A few weeks later #2 son came home pissed and puking. Police were immediately called, complaint was lodged by us, DCP was brought in and we have told her that if she ever even considers speaking to our child again we would get a restrining order and have her charged with child endangerment.

For some reason she thinks I'm a bitch.
Good on you, I say, we spend all our lives trying to protect them from stuff, then some other, irresponsible person, who calls herself a mother, takes it all away

By the way what is a FIFO dad?
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louise
Good on you, I say, we spend all our lives trying to protect them from stuff, then some other, irresponsible person, who calls herself a mother, takes it all away

By the way what is a FIFO dad?
He works away from home.Fly in,Fly out.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 7:20 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
He works away from home.Fly in,Fly out.
Yup. That's it.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:23 am
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

But its the high-pitched voices... the screaming.. the running around the place that wrecks my face.
Its all too tempting to grab one by the neck and force a Bushmills down their throat just to shut them up.

Right now there are kids screaming outside my window, and yes, I want to stab them in the face with a pair of scissors.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

I can't imagine I would ever give an under 18 yr old alchohol without their parent's permission. After all it just takes a quick phone call to make sure it is ok.

My eldest is only 5 atm. Still got all that scarey stuff ahead of me
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:05 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Call me AL
But its the high-pitched voices... the screaming.. the running around the place that wrecks my face.
Its all too tempting to grab one by the neck and force a Bushmills down their throat just to shut them up.

Right now there are kids screaming outside my window, and yes, I want to stab them in the face with a pair of scissors.
Scissors yes...beer..no..

And wasting perfectly good Bushmills, Irish or not...definetly no...
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:12 pm
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Must admit I have no issue with a glass of wine etc from about 16. Would I give it to someone elses kid without permission? Absolutley not.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

We have let both our kids try it. I believe that if you forbid it, it becomes somehow more interesting!
Would I give alcohol to someone else's child? Absolutely not!
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:31 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Do wine gums count?
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 1:33 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

I have teenage German students staying with me long term, it's legal for them to drink in Germany. They buy there own while they are here but if anyone asks I know nothing.
It's better to know what and where they are drinking rather than them sneaking off to a park somewhere.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:01 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Now not to get on anyones high horse..but..

It may be legal where certain kids come from etc etc...but if its not legal where they actually are then thats that...18 I think is reasonable..however..

I dont know about Aussie land but here in the US some states have what we call social hosting..in other words..

If you are the adult, and there are minors consuming in your house etc, then it is your responsibility...and rightly so..

Put in place due to alarming statistics on teens, alcohol and fatal traffic collisions, among other things...

Bottom line, as the adult (if present) you are responsible, even if you arent supplying it...(especially if its your home) and unfortunately too many adults do...nothing good comes of it..

Although I do agree with not making it taboo...
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 2:04 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelli28
I have teenage German students staying with me long term, it's legal for them to drink in Germany. They buy there own while they are here but if anyone asks I know nothing.
It's better to know what and where they are drinking rather than them sneaking off to a park somewhere.
Apart from a sip "to taste what it's like" which they both remarked was disgusting, neither of my two (aged 13 and 15) have drank. Will never encourage them - or allow anyone elses kids to drink under my care/in my home. I've heard it said that if you can persuade your kids not to drink until 17 then they are far less likely to go on and become binge drinkers. ...But right now that's the least of my worries

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.