Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

One for the motorsport fans

One for the motorsport fans

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 12:01 pm

Bello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond repute
Default One for the motorsport fans

It's my biggest hobby here in the uk, car and bike trackdays and also competitive racing

I've not yet started googling track locations etc but does anyone know where all the tracks are in Oz?
If i was living in the Sydney area would i be close to a few different tracks?
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:05 pm
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of
Default Re: One for the motorsport fans

Originally Posted by Bello
It's my biggest hobby here in the uk, car and bike trackdays and also competitive racing

I've not yet started googling track locations etc but does anyone know where all the tracks are in Oz?
If i was living in the Sydney area would i be close to a few different tracks?
Eastern Creek ex WSB track is in western sydney & Oran Park is south west I think, they call them ride days in Oz & are dirt cheap compared to uk.
Cheers Sim

Last edited by simnmax; Apr 3rd 2007 at 1:10 pm. Reason: got my east & west mixed up
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:20 pm

Bello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simnmax
Eastern Creek ex WSB track is in western sydney & Oran Park is south west I think, they call them ride days in Oz & are dirt cheap compared to uk.
Cheers Sim
woohoo thanks Sim, i'll do a bit of googling
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:26 pm
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of

woohoo thanks Sim, i'll do a bit of googling
Just had a look on google maps australis & oran park looks fantastic, at least 3 really fast bends & a crossover bridge for jumps & wheelies

If you find each tracks homepage they give all dates for ride days.

What will you be riding/driving?

Sim
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 1:34 pm

Just had a look on google maps australis & oran park looks fantastic, at least 3 really fast bends & a crossover bridge for jumps & wheelies

If you find each tracks homepage they give all dates for ride days.

What will you be riding/driving?

Sim
Here in the UK i've got an R1 for my two wheeled fix and am a nissan fan as well for my car fix, had an r32 gtr, r32 gtst and s13 200sx.
Had a little dabble at drifting as well, here's a little youtube video of me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_dK9z1yxrA

Hoping to get into that competitivly over there as it's pretty popular

I take it your into a bit of track action as well?
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:01 pm
Lancs to central coast

Here in the UK i've got an R1 for my two wheeled fix and am a nissan fan as well for my car fix, had an r32 gtr, r32 gtst and s13 200sx.
Had a little dabble at drifting as well, here's a little youtube video of me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_dK9z1yxrA

Hoping to get into that competitivly over there as it's pretty popular

I take it your into a bit of track action as well?
Nice vid, liked the spin, is that a factory paintjob

I don't think my cars suitable for drifting (audi a3 3.2 v6 quattro) but I'm talking the missus into taking it to the nurburgring

I got rid of my ZX10r last sept to release some funds towards the move, but have just bought a 98 GSXR 750 for some cheap thrills.

I do a lot at Oulton Park plus some at Donnington, Cadwell & Anglesy & a few visits to the Isle of Man where I used to do the Manx GP & then the TT until I hit a wall at 120 during practise for the TT, thus ending my semi proffesional racing career.
I still do some off road bike racing to get rid of any aggression

Ive attached a few pics, hope they work.
Attached Thumbnails One for the motorsport fans-dsc00027.jpg   One for the motorsport fans-dsc00008.jpg   One for the motorsport fans-dsc00007.jpg  
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 2:10 pm

Nice vid, liked the spin, is that a factory paintjob

I don't think my cars suitable for drifting (audi a3 3.2 v6 quattro) but I'm talking the missus into taking it to the nurburgring

I got rid of my ZX10r last sept to release some funds towards the move, but have just bought a 98 GSXR 750 for some cheap thrills.

I do a lot at Oulton Park plus some at Donnington, Cadwell & Anglesy & a few visits to the Isle of Man where I used to do the Manx GP & then the TT until I hit a wall at 120 during practise for the TT, thus ending my semi proffesional racing career.
I still do some off road bike racing to get rid of any aggression

Ive attached a few pics, hope they work.
ohh great pics, looks like your pretty handy on two wheels
120 into the wall sounds scary pretty sure that'd put me off for life, i had a run in with a car a few years ago and didn't touch a bike for a couple of years after that.

Can't wait to get into Oz and sample some track action there..
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:04 pm
Lancs to central coast

Cool, now Ive found out how to attach pics theres no stopping me

The 1st one is at the North West 200 in N Ireland in 1994 which was filmed & got me into the Havoc 13 video my only claim to fame was for crashing
The other 2 are road races in N & S Ireland where I used to earn decent money by riding like that & supping loads of Guinness, them were the day's
Attached Thumbnails One for the motorsport fans-dsc00017.jpg   One for the motorsport fans-dsc00018.jpg   One for the motorsport fans-dsc00020.jpg  
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:39 pm

Damn!! seriously impressed, i've seen the havoc 13 video as well will have to see if i've still got it somewhere.

When are you moving downunder? i won't be there for at least a year (only just submitted my TRA), would be ace to meet up for a trackday sometime over there and to get some pointers
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:55 pm
Lancs to central coast

The visa grant is imminent so we should be off in a month or three.

I'll learn the tracks & you can teach me to go sideways

If you find havoc 13, I land in a pile of dog shit in the entrance to a graveyard with new leathers on, typical. The oil catch tank split, it was'nt rider error honest.

Last pic is my son Max pulling his 1st wheelie aged 6
Attached Thumbnails One for the motorsport fans-dsc00021.jpg   One for the motorsport fans-dsc00029.jpg   One for the motorsport fans-dsc00061.jpg  
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:59 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Get yourself to Melbourne mate - you've got Philip Island for the bike racing and the GP in Albert Park.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 4:01 pm
Lancs to central coast

Originally Posted by herrchook
Get yourself to Melbourne mate - you've got Philip Island for the bike racing and the GP in Albert Park.
Is it not too cold
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 4:09 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Is it not too cold
Hhhhmmmmm - NO
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 7:15 pm
Lancs to central coast

Originally Posted by herrchook
Hhhhmmmmm - NO
I'll definitely be visiting at least once a year for the Moto Gp races & hopefully riding down with my brother & hopefully doing a trackday while I'm there.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 7:28 pm

The visa grant is imminent so we should be off in a month or three.

I'll learn the tracks & you can teach me to go sideways

If you find havoc 13, I land in a pile of dog shit in the entrance to a graveyard with new leathers on, typical. The oil catch tank split, it was'nt rider error honest.

Last pic is my son Max pulling his 1st wheelie aged 6

Sounds like a plan matey

dog poo what are the chances of that :doh: