Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

One for the Ladies only!!!(and VERY VERY brave men!)

One for the Ladies only!!!(and VERY VERY brave men!)

Old Jun 23rd 2006, 8:29 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One for the Lady's only!!!

It took me 6 whole pages before I saw someone post "carefree". I used lillets in the UK and when I saw the carefree boxes in the supermarket they looked so similar so they were what I picked up off the shelf and they could be the "real thing" as far as I am concerned.

BTW, I've had three kids and they stand up to the test!

Binbird
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 8:37 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by binbird
It took me 6 whole pages before I saw someone post "carefree". I used lillets in the UK and when I saw the carefree boxes in the supermarket they looked so similar so they were what I picked up off the shelf and they could be the "real thing" as far as I am concerned.

BTW, I've had three kids and they stand up to the test!

Binbird
I'll have to speed up my cycle if I'm to try all of these...P=0.05 will have to be changed to P=length, width, absorbency and knotted or not knotted.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 8:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
I'll have to speed up my cycle if I'm to try all of these...P=0.05 will have to be changed to P=length, width, absorbency and knotted or not knotted.
Is it just me, but I am seriously thinking about, considering these cup things
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 8:51 am

Talking Re: One for the Lady's only!!!

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Is it just me, but I am seriously thinking about, considering these cup things
Must admit they have me slightly curious... will be looking at women thinking wonder if she's got one of those in... bit like those rocking balls from years ago.

Wonder how you size them though...
size one... small f*nny
size two... middle size f*nny
size three...big f*nny
size four...*****ing huge f*nny....sorry lowering the tone of my own thread...just couldn't help it.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 8:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Must admit they have me slightly curious... will be looking at women thinking wonder if she's got one of those in... bit like those rocking balls from years ago.

Wonder how you size them though...
size one... small f*nny
size two... middle size f*nny
size three...big f*nny
size four...*****ing huge f*nny....sorry lowering the tone of my own thread...just couldn't help it.
Been there....... they only do two sizes, one under 30 and pre children and one over 30 and post children. Guess which one I need

Whilst the tone is so low, going by your sizes, I think I probably need a size five but on the other hand, hubby has never complained
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:00 am

Been there....... they only do two sizes, one under 30 and pre children and one over 30 and post children. Guess which one I need

Whilst the tone is so low, going by your sizes, I think I probably need a size five but on the other hand, hubby has never complained
He doesn't complain...God! he must be big...LOL.

Can you get them off the shelf in Aus though and wouldn't you feel like when you were young and had to buy durex handing one over to the shop assistant... .
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

He doesn't complain...God! he must be big...LOL.

Can you get them off the shelf in Aus though and wouldn't you feel like when you were young and had to buy durex handing one over to the shop assistant... .
need a bit more research on how to get them but if they are roughly £18 don't mind giving one a go just to see to be honest. Reading some of the bumpf, they say they are fine for girls, if it works for me it will work for anyone, and might try and persuade first born but might be pushing my luck there

Haven't seen them in the shops, but never saw them in Boots either. Wonder if I could ask a mate to go to a big boots and buy me one pmsl. Might take friendship a tad too far
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:13 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

need a bit more research on how to get them but if they are roughly £18 don't mind giving one a go just to see to be honest. Reading some of the bumpf, they say they are fine for girls, if it works for me it will work for anyone, and might try and persuade first born but might be pushing my luck there

Haven't seen them in the shops, but never saw them in Boots either. Wonder if I could ask a mate to go to a big boots and buy me one pmsl. Might take friendship a tad too far
Thing that puts me off is that to clean them you have to sterlize them with sterlising fluid or boil them in a pan for 5 minutes :scared:

I can picture it now, husband comes in from work "what's that you're cooking for dinner darling" Oh, I haven't started yet I'm just boiling up my mooncup as I'm on my period, but don't worry I'll be putting the potatoes on next"
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Clippies
Thing that puts me off is that to clean them you have to sterlize them with sterlising fluid or boil them in a pan for 5 minutes :scared:

I can picture it now, husband comes in from work "what's that you're cooking for dinner darling" Oh, I haven't started yet I'm just boiling up my mooncup as I'm on my period, but don't worry I'll be putting the potatoes on next"
rofpmsl. I am crying laughing at that and my 11 year old insisted on me telling her why I was crying! You only have to do it once after each month, sure you can find the time when no one's around
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:15 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

OH MY GOD! I've just read this testimonial on the site:

"I first found out about the Mooncup on the internet while researching menstrual practices for an anthropology paper. I ordered one and have been using one (a B and then an A size) for over five years. I think it is great. For all the reasons mentioned in this site, but also because of the different relationship it allows with your menstrual blood. It is no longer ugly, stinky and associated with trash because of it's destination. It's precious and beautiful, bright red and glittering ...and then you decide to discard it. And every time I do, I think that I should instead find a way to turn it into a work of art, some kind of ode to femininity...."
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:16 am

rofpmsl. I am crying laughing at that and my 11 year old insisted on me telling her why I was crying! You only have to do it once after each month, sure you can find the time when no one's around
Lol, oh I see - I didn't read that properly, then once a month I'm sure I can whip out the milton
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:17 am

Oh no another one:

"On the subject of liberating women to experience the bleed as sacred (as opposed to 'the curse'); the site mentions pouring the blood away down the toilet, yet you could also mention that menstrual blood is a highly effective plant food and can be used as an alternative to baby bio - not only helping your plants to grow, but also giving back to the earth what the Goddess has given to us. I realise that this is something that many women feel squeamish about....but it doesn't take much getting used to and it is a way of honouring the bleed- giving back to ourselves what has been taken away by years of misinformation. The time of menstruation is immensely powerful and can be used for meditation, dreamwork and ritual. Yet instead we are taught to treat it as a curse that punishes us for being female..."

All together now Mary Mary quite contrary How does Your Garden Grow....
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:19 am

Well my husband does most of the cooking so would have to say... "do you mind putting this in with the carrots dear". Thought that way anything not tipped out my not show up as well.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:22 am

Well my husband does most of the cooking so would have to say... "do you mind putting this in with the carrots dear". Thought that way anything not tipped out my not show up as well.
Lol eek! I'm not coming to yours for dinner
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 9:28 am

Lol eek! I'm not coming to yours for dinner
Ooaahh! go on go on.

There's whole web sites on this stuff it's unbelievable...
http://www.omahaimc.org/newswire/display/77/index.php

amazingly they even state that you can ... You can even use your blood for exciting things like plant fertilizer and art material. How’s that for reduce, reuse, and recycle? ... :scared: .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.