Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

One for the Ladies only!!!(and VERY VERY brave men!)

Wikiposts

One for the Ladies only!!!(and VERY VERY brave men!)

Old Nov 22nd 2006, 4:16 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One for the Lady's only!!!(and VERY VERY brave men!)

Strangely enough i can be both, occassionally the Missus uses MY account to log on!

maybe this is why you thought that

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
don't know why but for some reason i thought you were a woman! Oops!!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 7:02 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
I thought i would just enlighten you with something, ( yes i`m a brave man)and feel us men need to stand up and be counted so.

From what i hear, the reason why woman have 2 sets of lips is so that they can P**s and moan at the same time. now thats funny

as i run and hide
Toucha
don't know why but for some reason i thought you were a woman! Oops!!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 10:37 pm
Happy little vegemite

blimeyj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: One for the Ladies only!!!(and VERY VERY brave men!)

OMG! Patiently reading through till the end so I could put my 2p in... got to page 20 and thought I'd just put the mouse over the last page link to see how many more to go.... there's 55 pages!!! sod that for a laugh, so sorry if I'm saying something irrelevant!!

I've tried the mooncup, and also cloth pads. I think they are both great. I wanted something that was better for the enviroment - just think about how many pads and tampons you get through each month, every month, for SO MANY YEARS... and that's just for one woman... horrifying. I'm open minded so when I heard about the alternatives, I thought I'd try them.

Mooncup - there is a little trick to getting it in, and out, but once you learn it, you're fine. I haven't used mine in ages now because I have the Mirena coil and just haven't got the flow for it. But I liked that you could leave it in so long - I could just about leave it in all day at work and only have to change it in the comfort of my own home. I never had any leaks, and not any discomfort once you learn where to put it, and also trimmed the stem.

Hardly ever any trouble getting it out - the trick is to pinch the bottom of the bulb, it breaks the seal or something, and then gently bringing it out, you can make sure it doesn't spill. Then you can just tip the blood down the loo, or wherever you want it.

And I think one of the tricks for having it in is that it should sit really quite low - much lower than a tampon. I started off putting it high up like for tampons, but that's not right for the mooncup.

And as for washing it out - in a public loo I would either tip the blood out and just put it back in (I don't understand the need to wash it if it's going straight back in... if you've washed you hands before and it's still going to touch the air and your hands after you've washed it), or you can wipe it with the loo roll. Then at home you can wash it properly under the tap, put it in milton or boil it or whatever - I normally did that at the end of the period, just boil it in a pot of water on the stove - it's already been washed, it's not like you are boiling it up in pink water or anything!! My hubby was fine with it, he even did it for me sometimes. I haven't got kids but I wouldn't be ashamed of it - nearly all women have periods, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

I'm not sure i would put it in the dishwasher - there are all the chemicals in the wash and rinse aid - I'm not sure I want to then put that in my vagina.

OK and onto the cloth pads - I got mine from an online shop called Cloth Mad Mummy, who does nappies too I think. I use the pads that are the all-in-one, not the sort with detachable bits and the like. I use the liners everyday as pantyliners as I sometimes spot. I love them because they are so comfy and cosy - SO much nicer feeling than the plasticy crunchy sweaty feeling of a disposable. They do have the problem of being less transportable for use during an actual period though, if you have to change them outdoors. You can get little purses for them, the blood on them just dries if you don't rinse it out, although that stains more, but it's an option if you don't want to carry a wet, rinsed out, pad around with you. You could put in a zip-lock bag though if you wanted to do that and it would be waterproof, and tuck it away in a purse. But you still need somewhere to rinse it :scared: ! So that option is better for at home. But I really can't beat the feel of the soft, warm, fleecy feel down there when I've got cramps and feeling horrid in general. It's like wearing warm flannel pjs while cosy on the couch with your duvet wrapped around you while eating chocolate/icecream/chips etc watching something good on TV. All located in your crotch! They are great for overnighting, if you buy the massive ones (so it's not discreet but I'd prefer comfort at that time!).

Also I saw a link to Instead Cups, although up to page 20 no talk of them! I was interested in them and got a pack of three boxes posted to the UK. As before I haven't needed them for a long time but am holding onto them as I won't be on the coil for more than another year (yay!). These are disposables, so not so enviromental (as well as the carbon cost of flying them around), but the great things about them is that, from memory, you can keep them in upto 12 hours! And ALSO - SEX!!! Yes, that's right, SEX!! These are the only menstural supplies that you can have sex whilst wearing! And aparently the guy can't tell, although mine could, but he knew it was there, but didn't mind it at all. It's just like one of those charity wristbands with a pasticy condom-type well in the middle. You squeeze the middle to insert it, so instead of round as it is out of the pack, it's like a skinny '8' or even 'l' if you're dextrous, to get it in. There are instructions to follow, anwyay. It's another of those 'knack's, but so are tampons. The back of the loop should be around the back of your cervix, and then the opposite side sits against your pubic bone, so it sits in ther nicely. The only problem was that I was never sure if it was over my cervix or not - I tried to feel but couldn't reach, hubby has longer fingers but seems to enjoy it too much!
But they are good for their purposes, and like the moon cup you can swim and exercise and all that with it in, too.

HTH!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 10:37 pm
Happy little vegemite

blimeyj is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry that was so long!!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 11:12 pm

Talking Re: One for the Ladies only!!!(and VERY VERY brave men!)

THAT SOUNDS LIKE THE THING OZIDOC SENT ME. LIKE YOU SAY SIZE OF A CHARITY WRIST BAND AND I JUST COULDN'T GET AWAY WITH THE CRINKLY PLASTIC CENTRE. THINK MOONCUP/KEEPER OR BACK TO THE GOOD OLD DISPOSABLE (although I find it murder remembering not to throw it down the toilet like in the UK, now know why they have the little blue string it's for fishing them back out with the toilet brush so they don't block your cesspit).

Thanks for the info and welcome to the thread... we like to scare the men a little although your Hubby doesn't sound easy scared... .

Originally Posted by blimeyj
OMG! Patiently reading through till the end so I could put my 2p in... got to page 20 and thought I'd just put the mouse over the last page link to see how many more to go.... there's 55 pages!!! sod that for a laugh, so sorry if I'm saying something irrelevant!!

I've tried the mooncup, and also cloth pads. I think they are both great. I wanted something that was better for the enviroment - just think about how many pads and tampons you get through each month, every month, for SO MANY YEARS... and that's just for one woman... horrifying. I'm open minded so when I heard about the alternatives, I thought I'd try them.

Mooncup - there is a little trick to getting it in, and out, but once you learn it, you're fine. I haven't used mine in ages now because I have the Mirena coil and just haven't got the flow for it. But I liked that you could leave it in so long - I could just about leave it in all day at work and only have to change it in the comfort of my own home. I never had any leaks, and not any discomfort once you learn where to put it, and also trimmed the stem.

Hardly ever any trouble getting it out - the trick is to pinch the bottom of the bulb, it breaks the seal or something, and then gently bringing it out, you can make sure it doesn't spill. Then you can just tip the blood down the loo, or wherever you want it.

And I think one of the tricks for having it in is that it should sit really quite low - much lower than a tampon. I started off putting it high up like for tampons, but that's not right for the mooncup.

And as for washing it out - in a public loo I would either tip the blood out and just put it back in (I don't understand the need to wash it if it's going straight back in... if you've washed you hands before and it's still going to touch the air and your hands after you've washed it), or you can wipe it with the loo roll. Then at home you can wash it properly under the tap, put it in milton or boil it or whatever - I normally did that at the end of the period, just boil it in a pot of water on the stove - it's already been washed, it's not like you are boiling it up in pink water or anything!! My hubby was fine with it, he even did it for me sometimes. I haven't got kids but I wouldn't be ashamed of it - nearly all women have periods, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

I'm not sure i would put it in the dishwasher - there are all the chemicals in the wash and rinse aid - I'm not sure I want to then put that in my vagina.

OK and onto the cloth pads - I got mine from an online shop called Cloth Mad Mummy, who does nappies too I think. I use the pads that are the all-in-one, not the sort with detachable bits and the like. I use the liners everyday as pantyliners as I sometimes spot. I love them because they are so comfy and cosy - SO much nicer feeling than the plasticy crunchy sweaty feeling of a disposable. They do have the problem of being less transportable for use during an actual period though, if you have to change them outdoors. You can get little purses for them, the blood on them just dries if you don't rinse it out, although that stains more, but it's an option if you don't want to carry a wet, rinsed out, pad around with you. You could put in a zip-lock bag though if you wanted to do that and it would be waterproof, and tuck it away in a purse. But you still need somewhere to rinse it :scared: ! So that option is better for at home. But I really can't beat the feel of the soft, warm, fleecy feel down there when I've got cramps and feeling horrid in general. It's like wearing warm flannel pjs while cosy on the couch with your duvet wrapped around you while eating chocolate/icecream/chips etc watching something good on TV. All located in your crotch! They are great for overnighting, if you buy the massive ones (so it's not discreet but I'd prefer comfort at that time!).

Also I saw a link to Instead Cups, although up to page 20 no talk of them! I was interested in them and got a pack of three boxes posted to the UK. As before I haven't needed them for a long time but am holding onto them as I won't be on the coil for more than another year (yay!). These are disposables, so not so enviromental (as well as the carbon cost of flying them around), but the great things about them is that, from memory, you can keep them in upto 12 hours! And ALSO - SEX!!! Yes, that's right, SEX!! These are the only menstural supplies that you can have sex whilst wearing! And aparently the guy can't tell, although mine could, but he knew it was there, but didn't mind it at all. It's just like one of those charity wristbands with a pasticy condom-type well in the middle. You squeeze the middle to insert it, so instead of round as it is out of the pack, it's like a skinny '8' or even 'l' if you're dextrous, to get it in. There are instructions to follow, anwyay. It's another of those 'knack's, but so are tampons. The back of the loop should be around the back of your cervix, and then the opposite side sits against your pubic bone, so it sits in ther nicely. The only problem was that I was never sure if it was over my cervix or not - I tried to feel but couldn't reach, hubby has longer fingers but seems to enjoy it too much!
But they are good for their purposes, and like the moon cup you can swim and exercise and all that with it in, too.

HTH!
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 12:34 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
Strangely enough i can be both, occassionally the Missus uses MY account to log on!

maybe this is why you thought that
Ah that would explain it!!
I thought i was loosing the plot there for a bit!!

t x
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 12:40 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blimeyj
sorry that was so long!!!!
wow - what a post!
no need to appologise this thread is all about swapping info and sharing experiences

Not surprised you didn't manage to read all 55 pages!!

Tiggs
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 12:45 am

wow - what a post!
no need to appologise this thread is all about swapping info and sharing experiences

Not surprised you didn't manage to read all 55 pages!!

Tiggs
She now knows how much debate having a monthly purge can cause... .
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 2:17 am
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by annqldau
She now knows how much debate having a monthly purge can cause... .
I think our 55 pages (and 819 posts) prove that!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 10:42 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

I've invested in a shewee and I love it, going to use it all the time from now on
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by possoms
I've invested in a shewee and I love it, going to use it all the time from now on
Sheewee... have we discussed that, can't remember please enlighten?
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 11:14 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Well done ... your nearly a man now !!!!!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Well done ... your nearly a man now !!!!!!!
Oh! those full monty things I remember they did crop us somewhere earlier... will pass on that one I think.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 11:39 pm

Sheewee... have we discussed that, can't remember please enlighten?
Pee standing up

http://www.shewee.com/
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 11:40 pm

Oh! those full monty things I remember they did crop us somewhere earlier... will pass on that one I think.
why? good if your out walking and get caught short or if your in a country that only has a hole in the ground for a loo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.