Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

OMFG Moneypenny - what were we saying about keeping nasties out???

OMFG Moneypenny - what were we saying about keeping nasties out???

Old Dec 21st 2012, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

bitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond reputebitzenpces has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMFG Moneypenny - what were we saying about keeping nasties out???

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Mmmm no,and yer answer doesn't explain WHY you felt you had to kill it,was it threatening you,attacking you,did it eat one of the kids,did it drink yer beer,was it watching Jeremy vile on yer telly ???
The beast existed on the same planet as an arachnophobe, therefore it was a threat. Only sensible action to take was to kill it. Full marks for bravery to scottishcelts, who should remind herself to re-stock the alcohol cupboard.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 4:07 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Are you suggesting that SC uses her arse
If the cap fits
Old Dec 21st 2012, 4:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
If the cap fits
Intersting image....why would BB and SC be wearing caps on their arses.....?
Old Dec 21st 2012, 6:03 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it said pop a cap ON your ass
Attached Thumbnails OMFG Moneypenny - what were we saying about keeping nasties out???-1281245408507_655808.png  
Old Dec 21st 2012, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I have only had one, just ignored it. It preferred to hang around near the ceiling so we kept out of each others way and co-existed. For a few days before the cat got it anyway..
Old Dec 21st 2012, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

You shouldn't kill the huntsman spiders as they are the spiders that kill the really nasty ones that will hurt you.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 8:49 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
I dont advocate killing them but Mortein is pretty useless unless you spray copious quantities as spiders breath in a very different way to insects so the spray doesnt affect them in quite the same way. If you MUST kill them then use a heavy object. The geckos in our house used to deal with most of the numerous Huntsman.
Yes I MUST kill them.

As stated before, it's the murderous ice queen in me.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 8:50 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

You can tell the people who aren't terrified of spiders.

I'm a lot better than I was (I don't drag the kids away from hedges in case one jumps out and rips out their throats and I can walk on grass now - not barefoot, obviously, but still, and I've stopped doing an impression of someone with St Vitus' Dance when I walk into a web on the way to the car) but there's no way in hell a large spider will live for long in our house, harmless or not.

And they may not be particularly venomous to humans but they can (and do) bite.

So there.

Well done SC.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 8:50 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bitzenpces
The beast existed on the same planet as an arachnophobe, therefore it was a threat. Only sensible action to take was to kill it. Full marks for bravery to scottishcelts, who should remind herself to re-stock the alcohol cupboard.
I like you. I think.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Dreamy
You can tell the people who aren't terrified of spiders.

I'm a lot better than I was (I don't drag the kids away from hedges in case one jumps out and rips out their throats and I can walk on grass now - not barefoot, obviously, but still, and I've stopped doing an impression of someone with St Vitus' Dance when I walk into a web on the way to the car) but there's no way in hell a large spider will live for long in our house, harmless or not.

And they may not be particularly venomous to humans but they can (and do) bite.

So there.

Well done SC.

(I still do all of the above) - I do try to keep my phobias from the kids but it's extremely hard to do so whilst having a panic attack!
Old Dec 21st 2012, 9:13 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Found this delightful scene on our bedroom window yesterday. It's huntsman v gecko. The spider is about the size of a toddlers hand.... Awesome sight. The spider has been hanging around for a few days.

Old Dec 21st 2012, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Found this delightful scene on our bedroom window yesterday. It's huntsman v gecko. The spider is about the size of a toddlers hand.... Awesome sight. The spider has been hanging around for a few days.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...6b19fdbdc2.jpg
OMG - who won?
Old Dec 21st 2012, 9:31 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Given that the spider is comfortably sucking out the nutritious insides from the cold lifeless shell of the Gecko, I'd suggest the winner is quite clear.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

May I respectfully correct any of those who don't believe mortein is any good for large spiders?

Take one can of mortein and one lighter... Instant flame thrower... Doesn't matter whether they can breathe in the poison or not when they are done to a crisp....

(disclaimer: Children, do not try this at home)
Old Dec 21st 2012, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Given that the spider is comfortably sucking out the nutritious insides from the cold lifeless shell of the Gecko, I'd suggest the winner is quite clear.
Ah yeah right, cos I can clearly feel that the ghecko's body is cold & lifeless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.