Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

OK - so now I am VERY concerned

OK - so now I am VERY concerned

Old Jan 8th 2011, 1:50 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK - so now I am VERY concerned

Originally Posted by Hebe
Based on my experience I wouldn't be planning a whole weekend meet as your first date, even if you have phone, email contact before.
Ditto. Girlfriend, have you lost your mind? I know it might be tricky out in the sticks but seriously, I wouldn't get myself into a captive situation on a first date. If it has to be that way, at least get them round to yours (and have the neighbours on standby). I was single on and off for most of my 30s and liked to stay in control of the situation, be able to kick them out at any time.

I hated dating, in fact I think I only went on one true date and found it excrutiating. We both did, so we agreed to drop the best behaviour, get scandalously drunk and just have a good time regardless
Old Jan 8th 2011, 10:01 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

a friend of mine joined an expensive dating site (thinking the cost would rule out any mingers) and the only contact she got was from middle aged couples looking for a single woman for 3-somes ...
Old Jan 8th 2011, 10:16 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I have friends who met their husbands online - one married ten years, one recently had her second child. I think it's a sign of the times that it's quite the norm to do this and, let's face it, the ones you meet in bars aren't always the ones you'd like in your every day life

I also have friends who have been hounded by African scammers purporting to be expat American oil men, and many, many men who turned out to be married and just looking for fun. You certainly have to kiss a lot of frogs.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hebe
I met my OH online but had to meet many frogs first. Based on my experience I wouldn't be planning a whole weekend meet as your first date, even if you have phone, email contact before. A coffee is fine and then dinner if all ok.

My shortest date was about 5 minutes. Awful bloke looked good on paper but shit he was vile!!!

Had a stalker who still contacts me through any medium he can find and that was 7 years ago!

Any way hope the date goes well and if not then don't give up.

Erm - WHY did you not post this earlier

LOL

what a frikkin *************@#$_)*&^%#

Kiss a frog - yes I'd rather
Old Jan 9th 2011, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear
Erm - WHY did you not post this earlier

LOL

what a frikkin *************@#$_)*&^%#

Kiss a frog - yes I'd rather
Old Jan 9th 2011, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maggy

Thanks - I suppose I deserved that - the thing is advice is always good if you didn't take it......

The good news is...the guy I had a couple of dates with over the last 5 weeks - the one I wasn't sure if he was or wasn't interested (I was at the stage of thinking -wow this is a nice guy) - well I think he is - but just very shy.

So no more blind dates for me - just going to go with the flow - and see if anything happens with this guy - I am not going to pursue - but hopefully be pursued... and if not - then it isn't meant to be.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - I suppose I deserved that - the thing is advice is always good if you didn't take it......

The good news is...the guy I had a couple of dates with over the last 5 weeks - the one I wasn't sure if he was or wasn't interested (I was at the stage of thinking -wow this is a nice guy) - well I think he is - but just very shy.

So no more blind dates for me - just going to go with the flow - and see if anything happens with this guy - I am not going to pursue - but hopefully be pursued... and if not - then it isn't meant to be.

Get out there and enjoy yourself hun the right guy will come along when you least expect it.

So what happened on the date lol spill the beans.

xxxxxxxxxxx
Old Jan 9th 2011, 4:38 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Quite right Sas.

You don't get a spark every time the anvil is struck and every spark doesn't cause a fire to kindle.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Get out there and enjoy yourself hun the right guy will come along when you least expect it.

So what happened on the date lol spill the beans.

xxxxxxxxxxx

well I can't mags - I wish I could - you would all have a jolly big laugh on BE - and I think I would never live it down...so better of buried methinks

And to say that I came home early after making a big whopping lie....should explain how desperate I was to get away...
Old Jan 9th 2011, 4:44 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

well I can't mags - I wish I could - you would all have a jolly big laugh on BE - and I think I would never live it down...so better of buried methinks

And to say that I came home early after making a big whopping lie....should explain how desperate I was to get away...
aw come on not many of us will read it, besides we've all had a bad experience of some sorts which luckily enough most of us can laugh about now
Old Jan 9th 2011, 4:46 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
aw come on not many of us will read it, besides we've all had a bad experience of some sorts which luckily enough most of us can laugh about now
Nooooooooooo.....I don't think she should post it on here.

She can PM us
Old Jan 9th 2011, 5:07 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Nooooooooooo.....I don't think she should post it on here.

She can PM us

PM's will do the rounds quicker than shit off a shovel
Old Jan 9th 2011, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

I think we have all had dating disasters lol nothing to be ashamed of hun.

So I take it you wont be doing a second date

xx
Old Jan 9th 2011, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

I think we have all had dating disasters lol nothing to be ashamed of hun.

So I take it you wont be doing a second date

xx
ermmmm - nope
Old Jan 9th 2011, 7:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

ermmmm - nope
lol you seriously can't leave us dangling like this. You have to tell us now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.