Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

OK - so now I am VERY concerned

OK - so now I am VERY concerned

Old Jan 2nd 2011, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK - so now I am VERY concerned

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Don't be giving up - it'll probably happen when you least expect it

After TheOriginalMrDreamy died I ended up in an abusive relationship - when that ended I felt so worthless that I didn't think anyone would possibly be interested in me again. With three kids it was impossible to do the usual pubbing/clubbing malarky so a friend gently pushed me in the direction of an online dating site. All the flirting did the power of good for my ego and gave me something to look forward to when the kids were in bed. I didn't find true love there, but I do still have two very good friends who have seen me through all kinds of crap related to TheVileEx.

Eventually, I met Himself (online too, but through social media rather than date sites) and he's the reason we're now living on the other side of the world.. so no, don't give up. You can find true love more than once in a lifetime and you don't have to hunt high and low for it. Just believe in yourself and have fun.
Thanks Dreamy - I just think I will let things happen rather than look for things to happen. TBH am getting used to being single - and it isn't as bad as what I thought it was going to be
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 5:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear
OK - so feedback from date!!!!

Nice guy - very nice guy - but not the one for me.

And the dating game??? sucks big time - think I will give it a miss
Welcome to my world

Originally Posted by Beedubya
It is very hard to find that "spark" isn't it? I have more or less given up now, can't be bothered LOL!! Have been on and off dating sites more than a few times since my divorce (more off than on TBH) but nada.

However I do know 3 couples personally who met on dating sites and are now married, so you never know..........

I am thinking of taking up hiking myself LOL!!
My sister and her husband met through the original dateline - the one in magazines in the days pre-internet. They both went through so real oddballs before they got together, but they aren't far off their 20th wedding anniversary now and a more perfect match - and contented couple -you couldn't imagine!

Thanks Dreamy - I just think I will let things happen rather than look for things to happen. TBH am getting used to being single - and it isn't as bad as what I thought it was going to be
It has some distinct advantages
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 5:59 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Nice story Dreamy, gives us all hope.

Might happen for you in the 'gong Polly.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 6:17 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Nice story Dreamy, gives us all hope.

Might happen for you in the 'gong Polly.
To be honest, at the moment if I thought it would happen, that would be a deciding factor in staying here
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 6:27 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
To be honest, at the moment if I thought it would happen, that would be a deciding factor in staying here

Why do you think I am going back to the old dart LOL!!
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:28 am
Home and Happy

Why do you think I am going back to the old dart LOL!!
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 9:56 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ah ladies if only they could clone Mr Barfly,the wimmin of the world would have no space to whinge
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 10:01 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Ah ladies if only they could clone Mr Barfly,the wimmin of the world would have no space to whinge
NOOOOO!!! The world could never cope with more than one of you
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 10:16 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

NOOOOO!!! The world could never cope with more than one of you

Well we've had things like pig and bird flu so an epidemic of fly flu is on the cards.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

ok so into the breach once more......lol

I have a date weekend

Have chatted online and on phone - made sure that my friends know where I am - address and contact details.

Guy has a spare room - so all set for????? well no pre-conceptions - just going to see how it goes.

BBQ tonight with shared group of friends - and then spend the day together alone tomorrow...
Old Jan 7th 2011, 1:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to my world

My sister and her husband met through the original dateline - the one in magazines in the days pre-internet. They both went through so real oddballs ......

Dating would scare the hell out of me now. Girl at work split from hubby he had a DVO on her she was right out there on Rsvp, met some guy who claimed he had been widowed ( turned out he hadnt but it got him lots of sympathy) and shags no doubt. Anyway before even meeting him, just chatting, she was telling her relatives and us that he was "the one"
After meeting him for coffee in a very very short black coctail dress and declaring to all she wanted to shag his brains out ( in gloria jeans) but anyway he then became very evasive to her phone calls and she started driving past where he worked. We would get the entire saga over morning tea.

My uncle in melb who was out here, 72, I thought he was 78, anyway, Christmas lunch, said he wants to get hooked up again, he doesnt want to live with them, been married 3 times already, said he just wants the sex, I nearly spat my christmas pudding all over the table. So girls there out there
Old Jan 7th 2011, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Dating would scare the hell out of me now. Girl at work split from hubby he had a DVO on her she was right out there on Rsvp, met some guy who claimed he had been widowed ( turned out he hadnt but it got him lots of sympathy) and shags no doubt. Anyway before even meeting him, just chatting, she was telling her relatives and us that he was "the one"
After meeting him for coffee in a very very short black coctail dress and declaring to all she wanted to shag his brains out ( in gloria jeans) but anyway he then became very evasive to her phone calls and she started driving past where he worked. We would get the entire saga over morning tea.

My uncle in melb who was out here, 72, I thought he was 78, anyway, Christmas lunch, said he wants to get hooked up again, he doesnt want to live with them, been married 3 times already, said he just wants the sex, I nearly spat my christmas pudding all over the table. So girls there out there
Lol - have to admire his honesty tho - made me laugh

I know it is so hard to judge online - but as i say - aside from asking freinds to introduce me - then I am a bit stuck. Am thinking of a joing a club in the next few weeks - just not sure what activity to focus on....
Old Jan 7th 2011, 2:28 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Yeah cos they'd be no room left after all of the sick buckets had been lined up!!
Old Jan 7th 2011, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hevs
Yeah cos they'd be no room left after all of the sick buckets had been lined up!!

LMFAO
Old Jan 7th 2011, 8:08 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Lol - have to admire his honesty tho - made me laugh

I know it is so hard to judge online - but as i say - aside from asking freinds to introduce me - then I am a bit stuck. Am thinking of a joing a club in the next few weeks - just not sure what activity to focus on....
Sock darning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.