British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Oh my, that's unfortunate! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/oh-my-thats-unfortunate-523171/)

moneypenny20 Mar 19th 2008 11:34 pm

Oh my, that's unfortunate!

I did chuckle but possibly it's not funny :blink: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,339270,00.html

eddie007 Mar 19th 2008 11:36 pm

Re: Oh my, that's unfortunate!

:blink:

JackTheLad Mar 19th 2008 11:51 pm

I'm not a surgeon, but how the hell do you give someone a new anus?

In fact, any orifice. Vaginas, earholes, nostrils etc, they've all got to be connected to something I assume.

Did they sew up her 'old' anus?:eek: and reconnected the new one to the errr 'plumbing'.

JTL

I_Will_Freckle Mar 19th 2008 11:53 pm

Well they made a right arse of that, didn't they?

eddie007 Mar 19th 2008 11:56 pm

Surgery — Several different surgical procedures can help alleviate fecal incontinence. These procedures include direct repair of damaged sphincters, reinforcement of anorectal structures, implantation of artificial sphincters, and muscle transfer procedures.

Surgical repair can reduce or resolve incontinence, particularly for women who develop a tear in the external anal sphincter during childbirth and people with injury of the sphincter due to surgery or other causes. Surgery cures incontinence in 80 percent of women with childbirth-related sphincter tears.

In people who have irreparable damage of the sphincters, muscles can be transferred from other areas of the body, usually the leg or buttock, and surgically placed around the anal canal. These muscles mimic the action of the damaged sphincters. Some transferred muscles may require constant electrical stimulation to maintain a contracted state. Muscle transfer surgery can restore continence in up to 73 percent of people.

An alternative to a transferred muscle is a synthetic anal cuff that can be inflated to hold back feces and deflated to allow bowel movements. However, this type of procedure is only performed in specialized centers. Complications can occur even in when they are performed by experts.

(nicked off a web site I googled can't be arsed to put the link on... )

wannabauzzienurse Mar 19th 2008 11:57 pm

Bummer :ohmy:

moneypenny20 Mar 19th 2008 11:59 pm

I'd love to know how they explained it to her when she came round in recovery :rofl:

aston man Mar 20th 2008 12:02 am

thats her on the left.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bix Mar 20th 2008 12:05 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 6088565)
I'd love to know how they explained it to her when she came round in recovery :rofl:

Something like this....

"We have good news and bad news.
The bad news is your leg operation was a failure.
The good news is you won't shit yourself worrying about it".

JackTheLad Mar 20th 2008 12:05 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 6088565)

I really must stop giving serious answers about this, but if I was the surgeon, I'd have said: we were looking at your leg problem, when we noticed your arse urgently needed a bit of work. So we gave you a new arsehole.

Next time we'll fix your leg, honest. (unless we notice you need a boob job or a fanny refresh)

JTL

moneypenny20 Mar 20th 2008 12:28 am

Originally Posted by Bix (Post 6088585)
Something like this....

Originally Posted by JackTheLad (Post 6088586)
I really must stop giving serious answers about this, but if I was the surgeon, I'd have said: we were looking at your leg problem, when we noticed your arse urgently needed a bit of work. So we gave you a new arsehole.

Next time we'll fix your leg, honest. (unless we notice you need a boob job or a fanny refresh)

JTL

Oh dear, I just snorted very loudly :ohmy: Not attractive but at least I'm alone :rofl:

Dorothy Mar 20th 2008 1:05 am

Oh that's really shitty for her, isn't it?

tum Mar 20th 2008 1:11 am

OMGhttp://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Others/others-115.gif

Fly Away Mar 20th 2008 1:11 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 6088827)
Oh that's really shitty for her, isn't it?

A real bummer....

JackTheLad Mar 20th 2008 1:26 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 6088662)
Oh dear, I just snorted very loudly :ohmy: Not attractive but at least I'm alone :rofl:

On the plus side (for men anyway), they might say ahh forget his leg problem, he needs a bigger penis.

Oh and we'll give him an extra arse while we're at it.:p

JTL

Dizzydame Mar 20th 2008 1:30 am

JTL

Oh Bum!!! This is really awful, but I can't stop laughing at the responses:rofl:

moneypenny20 Mar 20th 2008 1:31 am

I can't imagine ever wanting to hear I need a fanny refresh :ohmy::rofl:

JackTheLad Mar 20th 2008 1:37 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 6088948)

Its called a douche in the US. And apparently its not actually that good for your front bottom..

(Jeez I'm sounding like Stephen Fry on QI now)

It removes all the good bacteria as well as the bad stuff, so you are more vunerable to fanny infection afterwards.

JTL

moneypenny20 Mar 20th 2008 1:40 am

Originally Posted by JackTheLad (Post 6088977)
Its called a douche in the US. And apparently its not actually that good for your front bottom..

(Jeez I'm sounding like Stephen Fry on QI now)

It removes all the good bacteria as well as the bad stuff, so you are more vunerable to fanny infection afterwards.

JTL

Is that something to do with Yakult (sp)?:blink: Yoghurt is very good for thrush, maybe that is as well.

JackTheLad Mar 20th 2008 1:44 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 6088989)
Is that something to do with Yakult (sp)?:blink: Yoghurt is very good for thrush, maybe that is as well.

I have no idea, how does it work?:confused: You rub yakult on your...

Even douches (american style) how do they do it? Such a weird concept.

And yoghurt, well :p, just rub it on and lick it off.

moneypenny20 Mar 20th 2008 1:47 am

Originally Posted by JackTheLad (Post 6089003)
I have no idea, how does it work?:confused: You rub yakult on your...

Even douches (american style) how do they do it? Such a weird concept.

And yoghurt, well :p, just rub it on and lick it off.

I'm not that flexible :blink::ohmy:

Dorothy Mar 20th 2008 1:53 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 6088948)

I'm working in a gynae clinic at the moment. The oncology clinic isn't so bad, but we also do family planning and sexual health. The docs tell me there are quite a few fannies that could do with refreshing. Apparently there are some pretty funky "scents" that they have to deal with.

JackTheLad Mar 20th 2008 1:54 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 6089021)
I'm not that flexible :blink::ohmy:

Many men wish they were!

Apparently they only need one vertebrae removed from their spine, and they would be able to pleasure themselves.

Of course that would mean no work would ever get done! :p

JTL

Ozzidoc Mar 20th 2008 2:03 am

Originally Posted by JackTheLad (Post 6088540)
I'm not a surgeon, but how the hell do you give someone a new anus?

In fact, any orifice. Vaginas, earholes, nostrils etc, they've all got to be connected to something I assume.

Did they sew up her 'old' anus?:eek: and reconnected the new one to the errr 'plumbing'.

JTL

Sigh.

The article didn't mention a new anus. The situation is unforgivable.

This article demonstrates why it's so important that there are loads of name/patient checks done on each and every patient. You'd be amazed at the number of patients who say "yes", when you ask "Mrs Jones?" when they are Miss Smith or Mr Evans!!

I had one patient who answered yes, of course I did my next check which is to ask their date of birth, they gave a different one, so then I checked their wrist band details. Completely wrong patient. The checks worked. I wasn't bothered. Because the double/triple checking mechanism worked. Pt went ballistic because I was going to take blood from the wrong patient. No I wasn't - we were at least two steps away from that. The checks worked. The wrong Pt disagreed. We agreed to disagree.

(At one stage, we had two kids with the same name, same age, same birth month on the ward who were being operated on, on the same day!! Boy was everyone super-aware of that!!)

I_Will_Freckle Mar 20th 2008 2:39 am

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc (Post 6089094)
Sigh.

The article didn't mention a new anus. The situation is unforgivable.

This article demonstrates why it's so important that there are loads of name/patient checks done on each and every patient. You'd be amazed at the number of patients who say "yes", when you ask "Mrs Jones?" when they are Miss Smith or Mr Evans!!

I had one patient who answered yes, of course I did my next check which is to ask their date of birth, they gave a different one, so then I checked their wrist band details. Completely wrong patient. The checks worked. I wasn't bothered. Because the double/triple checking mechanism worked. Pt went ballistic because I was going to take blood from the wrong patient. No I wasn't - we were at least two steps away from that. The checks worked. The wrong Pt disagreed. We agreed to disagree.

(At one stage, we had two kids with the same name, same age, same birth month on the ward who were being operated on, on the same day!! Boy was everyone super-aware of that!!)

Oh forget all that! Tell us about the smelly fannies.

tum Mar 20th 2008 2:41 am

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle (Post 6089237)

Have you got no shame......:rofl:

Icarus Mar 20th 2008 2:45 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 6088469)
I did chuckle but possibly it's not funny :blink: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,339270,00.html

cheered me up no end :rofl:

she'll be the " Butt" of some jokes now

NikiL Mar 20th 2008 3:10 am

What a pain in the ar*e for her

ausi dream Mar 20th 2008 4:13 am

Originally Posted by Bix (Post 6088585)
Something like this....

That made me laugh!

ausi dream Mar 20th 2008 4:20 am

JTL

Oh please! You have all got to stop with the jokes, tears are rolling down.:cry_smile:

Kapri Mar 20th 2008 6:04 am

I bet she felt like the bottom had fallen out of her world :ohmy:

tum Mar 20th 2008 6:05 am

Originally Posted by Kapri (Post 6090031)
I bet she felt like the bottom had fallen out of her world :ohmy:

http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Laughing/lol-022.gif

Ozzidoc Mar 20th 2008 11:41 am

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle (Post 6089237)

They are actually few and far between!

Vim Fuego Mar 20th 2008 11:46 am

I bet she'll never use the phrase 'give me a ring' again.

I_Will_Freckle Mar 20th 2008 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc (Post 6091273)
They are actually few and far between!

Wide? :unsure:

Ozzidoc Mar 20th 2008 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle (Post 6091307)
Wide? :unsure:

No. But it is interesting to discover just how little some women know about their own bodies.....like being married, in their 20s, having their first Pap smear, and being told by the Dr that they actually have 2 vaginas and 2 cervices.

Vim Fuego Mar 20th 2008 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc (Post 6091349)
No. But it is interesting to discover just how little some women know about their own bodies.....like being married, in their 20s, having their first Pap smear, and being told by the Dr that they actually have 2 vaginas and 2 cervices.

This would explain it, my wife have been giving me her second-class cervix.

Coat ...

I_Will_Freckle Mar 20th 2008 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc (Post 6091349)

No way!!!! :ohmy::eek::ohmy:

Any lucky lady with more than one clit?

WHAT??? I'm only asking out of scientific interest.

I_Will_Freckle Mar 20th 2008 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego (Post 6091357)

Coat ...

Groan :lol:

Ozzidoc Mar 20th 2008 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego (Post 6091357)

Coat ...

Ba-boom! :rofl: