British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Oh my, that's unfortunate! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/oh-my-thats-unfortunate-523171/)

moneypenny20 Mar 20th 2008 11:34 am

Oh my, that's unfortunate!

I did chuckle but possibly it's not funny :blink: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,339270,00.html

eddie007 Mar 20th 2008 11:36 am

Re: Oh my, that's unfortunate!

:blink:

JackTheLad Mar 20th 2008 11:51 am

I'm not a surgeon, but how the hell do you give someone a new anus?

In fact, any orifice. Vaginas, earholes, nostrils etc, they've all got to be connected to something I assume.

Did they sew up her 'old' anus?:eek: and reconnected the new one to the errr 'plumbing'.

JTL

I_Will_Freckle Mar 20th 2008 11:53 am

Well they made a right arse of that, didn't they?

eddie007 Mar 20th 2008 11:56 am

Surgery — Several different surgical procedures can help alleviate fecal incontinence. These procedures include direct repair of damaged sphincters, reinforcement of anorectal structures, implantation of artificial sphincters, and muscle transfer procedures.

Surgical repair can reduce or resolve incontinence, particularly for women who develop a tear in the external anal sphincter during childbirth and people with injury of the sphincter due to surgery or other causes. Surgery cures incontinence in 80 percent of women with childbirth-related sphincter tears.

In people who have irreparable damage of the sphincters, muscles can be transferred from other areas of the body, usually the leg or buttock, and surgically placed around the anal canal. These muscles mimic the action of the damaged sphincters. Some transferred muscles may require constant electrical stimulation to maintain a contracted state. Muscle transfer surgery can restore continence in up to 73 percent of people.

An alternative to a transferred muscle is a synthetic anal cuff that can be inflated to hold back feces and deflated to allow bowel movements. However, this type of procedure is only performed in specialized centers. Complications can occur even in when they are performed by experts.

(nicked off a web site I googled can't be arsed to put the link on... )

wannabauzzienurse Mar 20th 2008 11:57 am

Bummer :ohmy:

moneypenny20 Mar 20th 2008 11:59 am

I'd love to know how they explained it to her when she came round in recovery :rofl:

aston man Mar 20th 2008 12:02 pm

thats her on the left.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bix Mar 20th 2008 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 6088565)
I'd love to know how they explained it to her when she came round in recovery :rofl:

Something like this....

"We have good news and bad news.
The bad news is your leg operation was a failure.
The good news is you won't shit yourself worrying about it".

JackTheLad Mar 20th 2008 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 6088565)

I really must stop giving serious answers about this, but if I was the surgeon, I'd have said: we were looking at your leg problem, when we noticed your arse urgently needed a bit of work. So we gave you a new arsehole.

Next time we'll fix your leg, honest. (unless we notice you need a boob job or a fanny refresh)

JTL

moneypenny20 Mar 20th 2008 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Bix (Post 6088585)
Something like this....

"We have good news and bad news.
The bad news is your leg operation was a failure.
The good news is you won't shit yourself worrying about it".

Originally Posted by JackTheLad (Post 6088586)
I really must stop giving serious answers about this, but if I was the surgeon, I'd have said: we were looking at your leg problem, when we noticed your arse urgently needed a bit of work. So we gave you a new arsehole.

Next time we'll fix your leg, honest. (unless we notice you need a boob job or a fanny refresh)

JTL

Oh dear, I just snorted very loudly :ohmy: Not attractive but at least I'm alone :rofl:

Dorothy Mar 20th 2008 1:05 pm

Oh that's really shitty for her, isn't it?

tum Mar 20th 2008 1:11 pm

OMGhttp://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Others/others-115.gif

Fly Away Mar 20th 2008 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 6088827)
Oh that's really shitty for her, isn't it?

A real bummer....

JackTheLad Mar 20th 2008 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 6088662)
Oh dear, I just snorted very loudly :ohmy: Not attractive but at least I'm alone :rofl:

On the plus side (for men anyway), they might say ahh forget his leg problem, he needs a bigger penis.

Oh and we'll give him an extra arse while we're at it.:p

JTL